420 Magazine Background

Moldy air cooler - How to clean?

justcause2

New Member
Hello I have had an air cooler for about 6 weeks now and I havnt washed it. It's started to get mold inside the water tank. I have left it too long becuase it says that its anti bacterial filters inside the spounges. But its definitely started to swell fousty. I think I need to wash it but don't know how to really. I read about it and my design is a symphony xl air cooler which can't be taken apart to wash inside. So any suggestions? Could I use chlorine? Plants look fine it's at 21days and no signs of mold.
 

justcause2

New Member
Re: Moldy air cooler. How to clean?

Hello I have had an air cooler for about 6 weeks now and I havnt washed it. It's started to get mold inside the water tank. I have left it too long becuase it says that its anti bacterial filters inside the spounges. But its definitely started to swell fousty. I think I need to wash it but don't know how to really. I read about it and my design is a symphony xl air cooler which can't be taken apart to wash inside. So any suggestions? Could I use chlorine? Plants look fine it's at 21days and no signs of mold.
Also I'm just wondering how has there not been mold on my plants yet. I have read that good air flow prevents mold. I have very good ventilation and the air cooler itself is a very powerful fan that blows the leaves constantly
 

iwltfum

New Member
If an air cooler is the same thing as an air conditioner then wash it with clorine, spray sanatizer or anything you want to as long as the waste water never touches the plants. Clean the catch resovoir out whever it gets full or starts to look moldy or algae covered. You don't want to encourage mold or algae growth inside your grow space even if it isn't an immdiate danger to your plants.
 

justcause2

New Member
If an air cooler is the same thing as an air conditioner then wash it with clorine, spray sanatizer or anything you want to as long as the waste water never touches the plants. Clean the catch resovoir out whever it gets full or starts to look moldy or algae covered. You don't want to encourage mold or algae growth inside your grow space even if it isn't an immdiate danger to your plants.

Ok thx ill do that next time. I just used a little bit of bleach and rinsed off throughly. Still a little bit of smell of bleach but I guess that should go away and dilute from the 50 litre tank. I drank the water from the tank to see if it's ok. I'm not dead so I guess my plants won't either
 

iwltfum

New Member
cracked me up about drinking the water. Waste water from your a/c should be essentially distilled water because it's pulling evaporated water out of the air. Anything extra in the water could only be caused by dust settling in the catch resovoir or byproducts of any living organisms in the container. I used to test my catch resovoir and if it was below 10ppm, i would reuse it in my hydro systems.
 

justcause2

New Member
cracked me up about drinking the water. Waste water from your a/c should be essentially distilled water because it's pulling evaporated water out of the air. Anything extra in the water could only be caused by dust settling in the catch resovoir or byproducts of any living organisms in the container. I used to test my catch resovoir and if it was below 10ppm, i would reuse it in my hydro systems.

Ok cool. Yeh mine is a water tank underneath a fan and sponges, so light can get in there and become warm for mold to grow.
 
Top Bottom