mollasis for plants

pipeman69

Hi everyone. Gotta question. This is my first grow using mollasis and for most of the grow I was using grandma's unsulfered mollasis. I was in my hydro shop speaking to my guy and he recommended earth juice hi brix and suggested to even flush with it but there is plenty mollasis in my soil. What do you think flush with it or not.
Thanks

Re: mollasis for plants.

I think dude is trying to sell you stuff you don't need. It sounds like you already have moleasses. Why do you need more?

I use the EJ Hi Brix Moleasses for plants but I don't think there is any real difference in what you have.

Careful with the some of the Hydro store guys. Pay close attention to how they offer advice. Some are very pushy like they know everything and some actually listen to what YOU need. I hate it when I ask one simple question then the guy is following me around talking my ear off how I should be doing things totally differently and I should be doing things his way.

I hear ya brother but this guy is hands down the best in the buisness and if i don't like he takes back and thats that. I alway's walk out of his shop with free shit and I am now about to purchase a new digital 600 watt dimable ballast with a lg reflector and a upgraded digital hps bulb. I told him and also showed what I am getting else where and he sweetend up my deal giving me lower price plus extra bulb. I hear ya about these guy's but my guy is one of a kind. I paid $10 for a 32 oz bottle of hi brix which for a small bottle of grandma's at $5.00 it was worth it. Not to disagree with you at all but my guy is an ace. The one difference I do see between the 2 is grandma's brought my ph wayyyy down where as the ej hi brix almost brings me to where I wanna be. My thing is to flush with this shit which I don't believe I am gonna do just plain old ph balanced water.

I use the EJ molasses. I find it WAY cheaper than Grandmas. I quit the molasses when I quit feeding. I grow organic so I don't flush. I just quit feeding.

What is the purpose of your flush? Is it to remove salt buildup from other nutrients? Is it the final two weeks flush? Are you flushing because of a lockout or toxicity or another abnormality?

If someone were to logically answer your question on whether to flush with molasses or not then many more details of your grow would be needed. Have you thought about starting a journal?

I think it is pretty funny how well you compliment your hydro shop salesman. He must be great if he can sell you something you already have. He even is getting you to upgrade all of your lighting? What a Salesman!!! You do know that lamps and ballasts are marked up in price at the hydro shops so much that he can hand you piles of freebies and still make tons of money on you.

Did you know the word gullible is not in the dictionary?

What is the purpose of your flush? Is it to remove salt buildup from other nutrients? Is it the final two weeks flush? Are you flushing because of a lockout or toxicity or another abnormality?

If someone were to logically answer your question on whether to flush with molasses or not then many more details of your grow would be needed. Have you thought about starting a journal?

I think it is pretty funny how well you compliment your hydro shop salesman. He must be great if he can sell you something you already have. He even is getting you to upgrade all of your lighting? What a Salesman!!! You do know that lamps and ballasts are marked up in price at the hydro shops so much that he can hand you piles of freebies and still make tons of money on you.

Did you know the word gullible is not in the dictionary?

Dude, adjust your attitude; he didn't write anything untoward at you. Btw, the guy didn't SELL him on the lighting upgrade, he had nothing to do with it other than beating a deal the OP had already found elsewhere; and if he made money stfw...doubt you work for free either.

Pipeman, most people don't use molasses during a final week/2 week flush as they're trying to get rid of the nutrients in the medium and the plant. Molasses (among other beneficial things) is a chelating agent and thus slightly offsets that goal to an extent.

Dude I have been doing this a bit now and considering I am getting what I want for well under $300 I am happy. for the piece of shit 400 watter mh/hps I have now I paid over $200 for I am getting quality merchandice with a reflector twice the size and a dimable ballast with 2 600 watt hps digital bulbs, It is worth every penny to me the same set up on ebay is over $300. The hood is $220.00 the ballast is $240 and the bulbs are $60 a piece. Do the math. No disrespect but I research before I buy. Peace

well my apologies but I have been getting pounded real bad latley and as I said this is my first time using mollasis. so this is why I asked.
I have done endless research on getting a new light set up and my guy is an ace. helped me thru most of my grows. I know some of these guy's are starving but this guy know's he got my buisness especially knowing I have 5 other shops I can spend my cash

What this guy told me was to use this during flush and I never heard of this before this why I asked

wait a minute wtf do you mean by gullible???? Yes I started a journal and at the end of my grow and I don't think gullible is the way to express what I am. Am I willing to take advise to better my grow? Yes if it don't work I don't use it again. I am a perfectionist and will try anything just once this is what makes me a well rounded grower. Am I a pro? far from it but gulliable is not the word I would choose! I will try everything and everything once and move on. My lighting is something that I need to uprgade for the amount of ladies I want to cultivate and my piece of shit 400 watter and 21 cfl's is not getting done so I looked into upgrading my lighting system preferably something with a longer reflector to accomidate a few more plants. when I came across a set up I found for a good price I went to my guy wanting to give him the buisness saying this is what I want can you beat the price and he did. Fuck the money the experience this guy gave me is priceless!!!! He did not haveany thing to do with upgrading my lighting and actually if you need to know I was in the market for a 1000 watter and he talked me out of it cause of potential heat issues.
peace

I tell ya what guys I lasted on this site under 12 hrs and I have been called gulliable and made to feel like a retard my time is done here! Don't forget we are all in the same game and hope for the same thing. I wish you all the best of luck and hope you keep it green!!!!
peace im out!

I tell ya what guys I lasted on this site under 12 hrs and I have been called gulliable and made to feel like a retard my time is done here! Don't forget we are all in the same game and hope for the same thing. I wish you all the best of luck and hope you keep it green!!!!
peace im out!

Hey man, I'm sure he just is having a bad day. He usually posts quite informatively and helpfully. If you want to flush that way, go ahead, I'm sure it will work just fine. I'd only say go with a two week flush to make sure your nutes are all gone. Don't judge all of us by one opinion given in a bad mood. If you go with that flush I'd be interested in seeing how it works. I don't like using molasses myself more because it always seems to attract the fruit flies for where I live and is a bit of a pain for me...which is kinda why i'm interested in how that EJ which was recommended to you might work as it might solve both those headaches. I mean, really, there's no reason why that guy would recommend such a small scale item if it could possibly keep you from ever coming back by destroying you crop, right? Especially given the amount of business you probably do with him...wouldn't make sense at all.

They say assholes are like opinions and the other guy must have two. Blow it off and there is a quote by Mark Twain " Never argue with an ignorant person, they will drag you down to their level. then beat you with all their experience"!! You asked for advice on a soil additive and he is going off about lighting and the counter dude?? I have been using molasses for years as an additive to my tea. Worm castings and molasses every 10 to 14 days all the way through veg. I ease back on it through flower as I also do it with my nuit`s. I found it better it go harder on them in veg and then relax them through flower. I may and do lose some of the yield potential. But get tastier and denser buds // very compacted and fruity. I found that it helps the soil maintain its structure and promotes all the "goodies" soil has. Soil is alive and needs to be nourished as well. What you do for it determines what it can do for your plants. It is not like a solution in hydro that you just dump after X amount of days and control its temp and PH. The easiest way to learn and find out for yourself is grow two identical plants completely the same way but omit the molasses with one. That will give you your answer and some knowledge to share down the road. Keep it green and don't worry about the loser`s of the word!!...Peace.....

:420: :thumb: :peace:

Hey man, I'm sure he just is having a bad day. He usually posts quite informatively and helpfully. If you want to flush that way, go ahead, I'm sure it will work just fine. I'd only say go with a two week flush to make sure your nutes are all gone. Don't judge all of us by one opinion given in a bad mood. If you go with that flush I'd be interested in seeing how it works. I don't like using molasses myself more because it always seems to attract the fruit flies for where I live and is a bit of a pain for me...which is kinda why i'm interested in how that EJ which was recommended to you might work as it might solve both those headaches. I mean, really, there's no reason why that guy would recommend such a small scale item if it could possibly keep you from ever coming back by destroying you crop, right? Especially given the amount of business you probably do with him...wouldn't make sense at all.
I appreciate the response and maybe we are both having bad day's and my appoligies for being disrespectful. As for my grow I am new using the nutes I am using and my theroy is to keep it simple and not as aggresive as others and go at my own pace. My method seems to be working thus far and after the response I got I will flush with plain ph balanced water when my 2 week harvest window begins. I know these hydro shop guy's are starving and would sell you anything but I go to this shop once a week just to sit and talk to this guy and I can't begin to tell you how he has imroved my grow the past 3 years just by talking to me. Anyway I will continue my journal and start a new one soon. Hopefully I can help others and in return they can help me also and I will treat other members new and present with the utmost respect!
My apologies.PM69

They say assholes are like opinions and the other guy must have two. Blow it off and there is a quote by Mark Twain " Never argue with an ignorant person, they will drag you down to their level. then beat you with all their experience"!! You asked for advice on a soil additive and he is going off about lighting and the counter dude?? I have been using molasses for years as an additive to my tea. Worm castings and molasses every 10 to 14 days all the way through veg. I ease back on it through flower as I also do it with my nuit`s. I found it better it go harder on them in veg and then relax them through flower. I may and do lose some of the yield potential. But get tastier and denser buds // very compacted and fruity. I found that it helps the soil maintain its structure and promotes all the "goodies" soil has. Soil is alive and needs to be nourished as well. What you do for it determines what it can do for your plants. It is not like a solution in hydro that you just dump after X amount of days and control its temp and PH. The easiest way to learn and find out for yourself is grow two identical plants completely the same way but omit the molasses with one. That will give you your answer and some knowledge to share down the road. Keep it green and don't worry about the loser`s of the word!!...Peace.....

:420: :thumb: :peace:

Lmao! I hear ya bro. I always flushed with plain ph water but just like the nutes I am using, I never used mollasis before. So I had to throw that question out there being some of my ladies will be flushed soon. I work hard for my$$$ just like all of you guy's andlet's face it equiptment can get pricey! But I do my research and quality means the world to me and if it is not marked UL or made in the USA, you can keep it!
Peace bro

See, I didn't even know they had molasses based flushing products out there. There's people who frick'in swear by it and I remember one guy writing that when he begins his flush he uses ph'd water with only a bit of molasses on the very first watering and then just water after that. Given everything it does, that really makes a lot of sense. I'm sure he was just offering what he has based on ya'alls conversation, I mean...that is kinda his job and if he can cure one of your ailments while also making a sale, that's a win-win in my book. The flip side is, what if he hadn't offered you the better deal on the lighting for fear of coming across as a pushy salesman? You'd probably been po'd, lol, if after telling him what was up you saw someone else walk in and then walk out with that deal after finalizing yours for more elsewhere. I doubt I'd buy the EJ stuff, but I might very well try the first watering of my current grow's flush w/ a tsp of molasses dissolved in it...leftover will no doubt get used up on some sausage, so I don't see a downside. ;D

well I used the mollasis most of my grow and doubt very much I need to use it during flush. As for the light set up, He knows i will take my buisness nothing personal but why would I spend more if I don't have too? When I purchased my extraction fan and charcoal filter I told him what I was looking for and how much I can get the whole set up for. We pulled everything up on line and he looked me in the face and said I can't beat that price and that was that! I bought it elsewhere and this was over a year ago. Till this day we are good friends and I always am in his shop hanging with him and his wife still being a good customer buying all my nutes and soil, things like humidity dome's heating pads everything. This stuff also adds up big time but he now gives me the best price I can get. So enough of this mollasis and my hydro guy and let me get back to growing!!! I have a week off from work so I am constructing a new veg/cloning room hoping to make some female beans
So I will now turn my attention to a new faq.Thanks for the input. The knowledge is greatly appreciated!
PEACE!

Back
Top Bottom