Momma's Kitchen Serving: Black Cali Grape

After a interesting start, here is the newly and not quite finished popping, Black Cali Grapes! I am excited for this one. I am going to name one of them @MrSauga should they make it. Long story short, 3 were growing upside down and I preformed a major surgery... cut the jiffy pod open turn them upside right and replant. Then I got worried about the seed shell still being on them when I planted the root. MrSauga encourage me to go pop the shells off or they may die regardless if I didn't. I was nervous but what do I have to loose? I knew I had to try.So off I went for another try to save my babes. I got the shells off. Not gonna lie I tried that before and it didn't work seedling dampened off however there is a little trick with water to help lubricate as you gently and carefully flick it off lightly. So I think its fitting :Namaste: very grateful.

What strain is it: Black Cali Grapes
Bought from: Jordan of the Island
Seed/Cloned: NON FEM Seed
Genetics: Super Dave Genetics
Indica, Sativa or Hybrid: What percentages?
Is it in Veg or Flower stage: Seedling
Germinated: Jiffy Pods
Flowering: 55-65
Yeilds: heavy
Height: medium
Medical: NA
If in Flower stage... For how long: NA
Indoor or outdoor: Indoor
Veg Lights: 2
Bloom Lights: Halide bulbs (4) (Flowering Room) (12x12)
Veg Lights: T5 Pannel
Hours: 18/6
Timer: Yes
Air Conditioning: Window AC
Soil or Hydro: Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? Jiffy pods to germinate, now in 1gallon, Pro Mix HP
If soil... What size pot: 1 Gallon, and then 3 gallon
Water Source: Well Water
Size of light: Multiple
Room size: 12x13 approx veg room 12x14 bud room
RH of Room/cab: 52%
Temp: 26C
How often are you watering: 0
Type and strength of ferts used: Green Planet, Flora Nectar, Big Bud, Molasses, Dense
PH UP to 6.5

Here the skinny:
Black Cali Grapes
A breeding project involving Super Dave Genetics has created Black Cali Grapes a
three way pairing of Grape Juice x Cali-O x Blackberry Kush. The berry orange flavor
combination is stellar, with earthy kush undertones for lip smacking ganja goodness.
It’s a fast flowering (55 – 65 days), heavy yielding, medium sized marijuana plant with
some side branching. Black Cali Grapes is a very resinous, mostly indica, and very
hardy cannabis variety. New growers will enjoy its ease of growth while experienced
professionals will achieve optimum yields with an excellent cannabinoid profile.
Genetics: Grape Juice x Cali-O x Blackberry Kush

Aloha MK!

Sounds wonderful! Gonna pull up a chair if you don’t mind :ganjamon:

Aloha MK!

Sounds wonderful! Gonna pull up a chair if you don’t mind :ganjamon:

Mahalo @Sunnyskies!
I miss it there, not to get off topic. Glad you jumped in! Hope your doing well. I'll tell ya a little story from my visit there. Pretty much as soon as we land we are jonesing for some smoke. Lord knows why I am the one that has to approach everyone to find some, but I do... always. I'm with people that are US Citizens too as I am not and would have a much more serious time should things go sideways. Anyway, out of the airport and into a cab. Strike up a conversation and of course ask about where I can find some good strong high thc weed. Well I tell ya, "Star" (our cabbie) hooked us up with some amazing weed... for our entire holiday! One text and ding dong there he was. I mean hell Hawaii especially an outdoor grow there, with those natural aroma's, breeze and flavours would be the best I think. I am just saying.... ahhh Hawaii your so lucky my friend

:green_heart: Here they are. All doing well. Three seats did not come up. I'll hold out some hope still. I had to use a pen and lightly take off a coding from the show that was still keeping some of the little leaves closed. So I pulled that off and open them up and they did well.

I dedicated one of my seedlings to Mr Sauga. All of that is in a conversation in my other journal, marked gorilla glue gelato and super lemon

i have to pick up a 4 inch dome for tomorrow. They stretch to much in the larger domes with the light up above it, so I raise the box on top of my 3 gallon for some height for now.. long story short I ran out of room and threw a little light tied my zap straps to the handle to support the light. Macgyver would be proud,

Tomorrow I rotate my rooms. Finish taking down the Cheese, & sanitize the room . I'm also going to clone my last round of Afghani, shiva skunk and Cheese while the GGlue. Super lemon & Gelato vegout some more.

I have to admit I never thought of using those Coco coir pucks for seedlings! When I had my garden outside I kept running into issues that the netting the Coco coir was in wouldn't degrade so it stunted my plants growth because it restricted The Roots growth. It seems like you have it down to a science. LOL nice job! I think I'll be in for the ride if you don't mind. :high-five:

I have to admit I never thought of using those Coco coir pucks for seedlings! When I had my garden outside I kept running into issues that the netting the Coco coir was in wouldn't degrade so it stunted my plants growth because it restricted The Roots growth. It seems like you have it down to a science. LOL nice job! I think I'll be in for the ride if you don't mind. :high-five:

I have tried many methods to germinate. I find the paper towel method is so fragile, along with seeds in water, but I start to ask myself why would I do that? It needs moisture, and darkness. I give them
about 3-5 days before I look at them after placing the seed in the puck. I place the puck in the dome (I spray the dome with a light mist of water) and then cover the dome with a blacket to ensure no light leaks. Then bam! There the popped seeds heads and I take them out of darkness and flip the light on and off we go!

I garden out side too and this is how I germinate those seeds and mostly without issues.

I have to say I also crack the membrane of the pod so that the roots and easily thrive. You can also remove the membrane if you wish its easy to do. I also have them on a light heat pad to encourage them to grow. I am sure people can get scientific on the do n don'ts, but this works best for me.

here they are from yesterday.
A few things:

1. the seedlings that I removed the shell carefully from, ICouldn't tell but there was a small very light membrane left at the very tip of the left. Which kept the seedling leaves still closed looking with a light light bleaching happened overnight on the top backside leaf.

I took a small needle and separated them and kinda opened the leaf part open. I don't know all the proper terminology for names so bare with me.

I hope when I go out there today they became
To open normally continue on.

I also bought a 4 inch dome to help avoid the stretch. I'll put it on a see the difference between the two dome sizes and let know what I feel works best.

The Seats that did not germinate we are very very pale and mature that's why they're all together.I figured they wouldn't take so I'm going to remove them today.

Aloha MK!

Looks like they are off to a wonderful start! Sending nothing but positive thoughts and vibrations from Hawaii!

:passitleft:

Girls
Aloha MK!

Looks like they are off to a wonderful start! Sending nothing but positive thoughts and vibrations from Hawaii!

:passitleft:

Same to you beautiful!!! I wonder if 420 Mag hosts events?? It would be fun to put some face to "names". I get online we need to be a little more discreet but I think it would be awesome. :love: :cheer:

So excited to see these little Ladies & Gents open and some getting the first set of true leaves. Must be the boys haha they always seem to grow more vigorously in my experience.

I also want to say I put them under the 4 inch dome.

This one is for your @MrSauga!!

Can you see that short little one in the back? I thought for sure it wasn't going to grow because well it stopped for a day and is behind the others but today it seems to be back in play so that awesome.

I have tried many methods to germinate. I find the paper towel method is so fragile, along with seeds in water, but I start to ask myself why would I do that? It needs moisture, and darkness. I give them
about 3-5 days before I look at them after placing the seed in the puck. I place the puck in the dome (I spray the dome with a light mist of water) and then cover the dome with a blacket to ensure no light leaks. Then bam! There the popped seeds heads and I take them out of darkness and flip the light on and off we go!

I garden out side too and this is how I germinate those seeds and mostly without issues.

I have to say I also crack the membrane of the pod so that the roots and easily thrive. You can also remove the membrane if you wish its easy to do. I also have them on a light heat pad to encourage them to grow. I am sure people can get scientific on the do n don'ts, but this works best for me.
Oh my gosh, i couldent separate the membrane of a seed..lmao im a klutz. Knowing my luck id screw it up in some way.. and beans arnt cheep lol. I'll give you mad props:cheer::cheer::cheer::circle-of-love: for your light hands when it comes to seedlings. Keep those pics commin! Cheers!

Oh my gosh, i couldent separate the membrane of a seed..lmao im a klutz. Knowing my luck id screw it up in some way.. and beans arnt cheep lol. I'll give you mad props:cheer::cheer::cheer::circle-of-love: for your light hands when it comes to seedlings. Keep those pics commin! Cheers!
Thanks! Not gonna lie I was shaking and maybe a little clammy hands :love:

True leaves are showing and open on some. There is one that I don't believe will make it. The puck a little dry. I moisten it but it seems stressed. It is one that I had to lightly tug the film off. It was loose and moving in the puck. It also is one that grew sideways.
see how it is in the morning.

Overall I am pleased they made it this far. Never had a batch like this.

Okay! So I ordered Mega Crop as my nuits for these babies. I'm so excited! @MrSauga this crop is dedicated to ya! Hopefully I don't f&@! It up anymore than the stress they have been through. If I get it sooner I'll use it on my Gorilla Glue, Super Lemon, and Gelato first because that's what will be next in line to bud

Will there be a problem flipping nuits? How should I do it or just let the start feeding when I get it?

I also hope to get my CO2up today. So hopefully that helps.

Back
Top Bottom