Momma's Kitchen Serving: My Bloody Valentines

:love: Red Afro :love:
3 Phenotypes

I want a sea of red for Valentines, My bloody Valentine's!!!​

Here's the scoop, Momma ran Red Afro this Summer in my outdoor greenhouse. I'll attach a link to that journal. I had three seeds that germinated in the spring. Two I brought outdoors to the greenhouse and one I left to grow in veg indoors. The two that were outdoors we are completely opposite phenotypes one was pink, mauve, white, light purple. I call her my albino red Afro. Her sister plant was deep dark red, purple, with no white no pink just dark.
The third plant has been in veg this whole time over the summer and I have no idea what kind of phenotype I will get from her. Plus she is going to be grown indoors where is the other two were growing outdoors so the environments will be completely different. It will be also interesting to see if the clones (I only took one clone from each Red Afro that was outdoor in the greenhouse, that I had to reveg) if they will show the same as they did when they grew outdoors. So that will be fun to watch

the two clones that are growing in 1 gallon pots right now are slowly getting bushy. I am hoping to get them to grow enough so I can clone them along with the 24 that I have from my third plant and then I will have a sea of red. All showing three different phenotypes, of the same strain.

I know one is very dark red and purple the other is pink and mauve and the third one will be ???

So I hope you join me on the journey of the Red Afro's.

:love: Finishing by Valentines :love:

1588359684950.png

DATA SHEET
Indica-SativaMostly Indica
Regular - FeminizedFeminized
Strain TypeHybrid
MORE INFO
Strain: Red Afro
Strain Type: Mostly indica, 25 % Swazi – 75 % PCK
Type: Feminized
Flowering times: 65-75 days
Yield: High yielder indoors and outdoors
Bouquet: Red fruits, floral, kushy, hash
Effect: Starts uplifting, inspiring, gets you relaxed after
Developed by: Locals, African Herbman ( SA ), aeritos ( SP )
The idea was to make a shorter and more compact Swazi based hybrid
(South Africa area). Goal was to form a more sturdy, fast and better
yielder plant that would fit indoors. Red Afro has proven itself successful in achieving what we planned, adding lots of colours to the mix. Bloody red to more purple and intense dark buds are easily found in some large and heavy branches formed in flower time.
You’ll feel delighted with the first up and being high and not heavy in mind or body. Enjoy Red Afro all day long ! The fruity, floral and hash intense background will make you not to stop grabbing Red Afro buds.

Description
Red Afro is a cross between an African Swazi plant with a Pakistan Chitral Kush. The rationale for this was the quest for a Swazi-based strain that had an altogether shorter, more compact, structure and faster flowering time. The result is a great success; Red Afro produces large, dense colas with dazzling red and purple colours at maturity and which delivers very good yields both indoors and outdoors in somewhere between 65 - 75 days flowering.
The deliciously enticing aromas include red fruits with floral notes and a Kush, hash-like background taste. Its effect is immediately uplifting which slowly evolves into a more relaxing experience.
Characteristics
BREEDER/BRANDTropical Seeds
GENETICS(Swazi Polokwane x Pakistan Chitral Kush ) x Pakistan Chitral Kush
VARIETYMostly Indica
FLOWERING TYPEPhotoperiod
SEXFeminised
GROWSIndoors, Outdoors
FLOWERING TIME65 - 75 days
TASTE / FLAVOURFlowery, Fruity, Kush
EFFECTRelaxing, Uplifting

Red Afro in my Outdoor Greenhouse

♥️♥️♥️ Hi Mr S!!! :hug: :hug::hug:

Im so along for this ride!!! Hell yeah! Thats some beautiful flower there! Reminds me off Durban Poison Flowers a little!!
Hi @DoYouRight!!! Welcome to the kitchen

I ran Durban Poison couple years ago. I have to say she stays with me as one of the ugliest, plants I grew but the smoke was killer. She was my biggest grow surprise, I thought looks bad will be bad but I was so surprised

:love:

Red Afro Veg
Date: 10.10.20
Clones; from Mothers in Outdoor Grow Journal
Serving: 17g Mega Crop/ 5 gal
Serving fluid amount per plant: 1 solo cup
Pot Size: 1 gal
RH: 46%
Inside Temp:
Outside Temp: 14
Stage: Early Veg
Additives/Medicine: Bug Be Gone
Pests: (IPM) Bug Be Gone - Sprayed
Light Schedule: 18/6

♥♥♥ Hi Mr S!!! :hug: :hug::hug:

Hi @DoYouRight!!! Welcome to the kitchen

I ran Durban Poison couple years ago. I have to say she stays with me as one of the ugliest, plants I grew but the smoke was killer. She was my biggest grow surprise, I thought looks bad will be bad but I was so surprised

:love:
Everything good? I remember a time when I was the first to join your journals. You have quite the following now. :high-five:

Everything good? I remember a time when I was the first to join your journals. You have quite the following now. :high-five:

Honestly I feel blessed. There are so many other people that know much more than I do...I love everyone's company. Keeps me focused too. Your my team mates :love: Mr S I wouldn't be learning so much without you.

On that note, how can you bulk up and make buds more dense? I was using Dense before switching to Mega Crop. Be was thing of adding it this to see the difference. Your thoughts?

On that note, how can you bulk up and make buds more dense? I was using Dense before switching to Mega Crop. Be was thing of adding it this to see the difference. Your thoughts?
I don't think there's any scientific data out there that shows plants build bigger, denser buds by adding certain types of nutes. I believe genetics is the main big factor in that and then lighting. I've never added bloom boosters to increase my bud density. Some runs come out rock hard, others light and airy like sativas.

Back
Top Bottom