:love: Good Day Friends!!!:love:

I decided to organize this journal by my outdoor green house that was constructed a couple weeks ago. It has a compilation of my journals all in one but, outdoors. I will post pictures as I go because I feel they speak volumes. If you have questions feel free to jump in anytime, and we can chat. :kiss:
I felt the outdoor kitchen would host all it's own set of issues and concerns compared to my indoor journals, however with the shared strains from the indoor crops. One can reflect back on the more detailed information on each strain, in their appropriate labeled journal listed in my signature. It's many strains to list all their info is on there but feel free to ask me questions and I will do my best to answer ya if I don't know how, I feel lucky to know a few friends on here that could help guide you or connect you to those that would know. :morenutes:
How I grow, is more by feel than by science of it, even though that is what makes the magic, I just read my plants if you know what I mean. I am still learning the nutrient line Mega Crop. So, they will be hit and I am sure some misses but I love the journey of it and the results have been a game changer.

I have tagged two sponsors because I am running my winning from Photo of the Month in Dec. 2019, Dope Seeds & Seedsman. 420 Mag has may great great contests, that are fun and creative, so join in the fun. :hug:

Things that I have to do yet:
1. I am in the early stages of the set up and I have to build a proper set of risers for the plants that are adjustable. They are resting on top on upside down 5 gallon pots. I just wanted them up off the ground right from the start so that is my temp set up.
2. I also have to consider blacking it out early so I finish in Early Sept. prior to the rains that come in here on the BC Coast.
3. Bring power: Fan
4. Bring water: So I don't have to carry big 5 gallon buckets very far. That is how I will be mixing my nutrients.
5. Workstation: Obvious :snowboating:

:love:Stay well & Stay safe:love:
Times are challenging right now so if you are feeling lonely drop a line on here, Momma will put the kettle on and we can chat
:love: Just takin' care of our 420 Family :love: We are all in this together:love:
I am hosting a contest in my most current journal in my signature​

*I must note most of these are clones. Their mothers either have left the kitchen or are still in the pantry so to speak vegging out.

Momma's Kitchen Serving Strain:

:love:Cheese- I have been growing cheese for awhile now and she presents more sativa dom. Thinner leaves, faster growing little bushier.

:love:Black Cali Grapes: first time growing her out so should be fun to watch her go. She already smells like fresh grapes from the vine.

:love:Critical Mass & Amnesia ( @SeedsMan @dopeseeds) : First time running these strains as well. Sponsors seeds

:love:Gorilla Glue, Gorilla Glue #4: Just started working with these beauties I will be carry these around for a long time because the yield is pretty impressive.

:love:Sister Glue: Strain Information:Indica Dominant Hybrid - 60% Indica / 40% Sativa
THC: 22% - 25%, CBD: 2%

Sister Glue is a rare slightly indica dominant hybrid strain (60% indica/40% sativa) created through crossing the classic Chem's Sister X Sour Dubb X Chocolate Diesel strains. A sister of Gorilla Glue #4, this bud packs a head-melting high that will have you totally kicked back almost as soon as you experience your first toke. The high starts with a lifted effect that fills you with a sense of pure euphoria and bliss that eases away any negative or racing thoughts and replaces them with hazy happiness. As your mind fades further and further away, a deeply relaxing and slightly sedative body high will wash over you, filling your physical state with a sense of calm. A heavy couch-lock comes next, leaving you dozing almost immediately, fading in and out of a sleepy state. Thanks to these effects and its high 22-25% average THC level, Sister Glue is often chosen to treat those suffering from conditions such as chronic pain, insomnia, depression, chronic stress, and muscle spasms or cramps. This bud has a sour woody pine flavour with a rich spicy grape overtone that turns slightly pungent upon exhale. The aroma is very earthy and herbal with a spicy grape effect that turns sour and woody she burns. She has thick spade shaped olive nugs with rich purple undertones. Very dark amber hairs and a coating of the same in trichomes. - inform collected from a strain review source.

:love:Sister Glue: She is a real special unique one. I jus took down my first round of the GG family and it was so incredible the difference between the phenotypes. One thick dense massive colas that make your jaw drop and others that are just so unique and different like the sister glue. She has been smoked and has a great high. Uplighting, light feeling to no pain and very relaxed. Very earthy and almost coffee like aromas. Very strong scent. Tiny leaves with bright orangutan orange hairs everywhere. So different. I don't have her listed off in my other journal specifically so here it is.

:love:Super Lemon & Gelato: both heavy frosty one very citrus and the other creamy like you just walked into a creamy gelato place. Smells soooo good when trimming!

:love:I will put out a Kalahnikov, Red Afro and Alaskan Purple: these are knew strains to me so bare with me on the journey. They should be very colourful I am hoping with a high THC level

All strain details are in my journals. :love:

Thanks for the welcome!

I just harvested a GG auto from 420 3 weeks ago. I have not experienced the strain before so I have no idea how similar it is or isn't to the GG of other breeders.

I have really limited grow space and being outdoors I am limited to growing once a year, which is causing me to consider questions like who the breeder is and which strains out there are ones that I would really like, as clearly if 20 different breeders are all hawking, say, a Jack Herer then there is likely to be wildly different plants, which one has the real strain? If I had the space to run a few dozen plants I'd be happy to chuck a few random uncharted seeds about, as if I had a few varieties growing it wouldn't matter if an 'experiment' didn't come off or some other alleged breeder's strain didn't match the reputation, but as I don't have the luxury of ample grow space, questions like who is the most desired breeder for various strains seem sensible to ask.

Hey I have never tried to run autos. If I can get my stuff together for next summer. I think it would help me timing wise. How did it turn out? Do you have a picture in Veg and flower to share here?

I totally get it about the phenotypes. I used to wonder that as well but now I just figure the stability of each seed can be different even though the were all collected from the same plant, it may pick (just like DNA in people) pick up traits from the parents and their lineage.
It's the part of growing I love. It's why I running
So many strains. Love the different phenotypes. When I find som very unique ones I try to keep them. It can be trusting when you are expecting all the same all the same looking plants. The highs can vary too, it all apart of it.
On that note buying from reliable sources is very important if that's what your looking for. They have the linage and try to weed out the weak ones. The environments are controlled when breeding (I'm guessing) creating exactly those two strains to make one. Rather than back yard breeders (there are some awesome ones) but then there's me. I experimented with breeding, so I can see the process. I love experimenting. I think I may try "self" with Colloidal Silver. I h sent done it yet and want to experiment in the kitchen so why not. All that being said, I don't sell seeds. For that very reason. I don't want to mess the water in the linage lines by throwing seeds out there, giving them a name (other than for my own purposes to follow) saying there true stable seeds. I don't agree with that. It can make things frustrating for sure.
Have you looked at our sponsors?

Sponsors for seeds

I am running Dope Seeds and Seedsman. Other strains I have came from other companies. There is one I wouldn't use (unless last resort) for that very reason of unstable seeds. I bought a lot from Jordan of the Islands with less than impressive results. I still have many seeds to play out from them so I guess we see how they fair.

Yes I have looked at the sponsors and I really like many of them. The trouble is I am in New Zealand where it has been difficult to get them successfully delivered. We have only received 2 orders from I think 9 deliveries. The last was from 420 who thank god did 2 resends as only the 3rd was delivered. So for me being in NZ, I have to think about the seed banks ability to deliver top class stealth as well as their willingness to resend, ideally more than once if necessary.

Breeding is interesting. The previous grow I 'pollen chucked' some White Widow XTRM pollen from a male plant that grew out of a supposedly female pack and dusted a couple of colas of a Gorgonzola with it. I grew that offspring this last grow, the plant grew quite big it was Quadlined and supercropped and LST'd, barely more than 2 feet high and produced just under 11oz. But the high so far seems quite special. The Widow and Gorilla Glue both 'whack' you, but the WW/Gorgonzola seems to lift you up very pleasantly and still allow you to do things and comfortably interact with others. Hence my thinking now is to investigate genetics that offer some of those legendary talked about highs like Jack Herer or Cinderella 99 which I have no idea on what they feel like. Previously I thought solely about how potent in THC% a strain was. Over and over I hear the experienced old timers saying don't just pick the strain, but the breeder who has the original strain.

Also this last grow I was going to attempt to use Colloidal Silver to reverse a female and make some feminized pollen, but in the end I had enough on my plate so I left it for a future experiment. I have read good things about Colloidal Silver but I am aware others prefer STS which at present I know nothing about.

I only tried an auto for the first time this last grow. We'd ordered from 420 but we only received the 3rd send so the mixed pack of photos were too late to plant so I kicked off one of the Gorilla Glue autos from them in January (the 2nd month of Summer here). I really didn't know what to expect. I LST'd it, altho next time I think I would try Quadlining it instead to keep it's height lower. My belief is that training caused the plant to be in veg longer. A growing mate kicked off the same strain/batch at the same day as me and his went to flowering quicker than mine with no training, which I don't think is a problem as presumably if veging extends then the plant develops more more base for more buds. I only chopped mine 3 weeks ago and it yielded 25% more than his at nearly 4oz.

Here's a pic of the Gorilla Glue auto I recently chopped.

@Stunger Well they look great!! What is Quadlining? I don't know much about breeding and seeds but it is on my list to learn more. There are a few journals I follow to learn from. Sometime I just watch even though I may not understand 100% eventually it will all come together. :love:

Things that I have to do yet:
1. I am in the early stages of the set up and I have to build a proper set of risers for the plants that are adjustable. They are resting on top on upside down 5 gallon pots. I just wanted them up off the ground right from the start so that is my temp set up.
2. I also have to consider blacking it out early so I finish in Early Sept. prior to the rains that come in here on the BC Coast.
3. Bring power: Fan
4. Bring water: So I don't have to carry big 5 gallon buckets very far. That is how I will be mixing my nutrients.

5. Workstation: Obvious

:thumb:
Have a great weekend everyone :kiss:

@Stunger Well they look great!! What is Quadlining? I don't know much about breeding and seeds but it is on my list to learn more. There are a few journals I follow to learn from. Sometime I just watch even though I may not understand 100% eventually it will all come together. :love:
Hi MK, Quadlining to me is topping the plant and leaving 2 nodes which are then trained to grow out laterally, some folk simply let the 2 nodes grow vertical like a mainline but for stealth reasons my grows are height restricted so I grow them horizontal until stretching occurs at which point I supercropped to keep the canopy with my desired stealth range. There is some good tutorials in @Asesino85 thread The Quadsquad Thread, A Community For Quadlining

here is a pic of male plant I cut down early in the grow. After cutting off all the growth, I left the skeleton of the branches on before pulling it out in order to take a picture to show the training.

Here's another pic of one of the girls in late flowering getting close to harvest.

Back
Top Bottom