Mondstern's First Official Attempt - Outdoor/Indoor Hybrid Environment - Newbie 2016

Re: Mondstern's First Official Attempt - Outdoor/Indoor Hybrid Environment - Newbie 2

Looking real good. What are those 2 in front? On your trich pics....look at them at the middle of the developing bud for a better indicator. Not the sugar leaves. :goodjob:
High, brightlight. The two in front are Lithium OG Kush on the left and Master Kush on the right. That photo was taken from the top of the bud I pinched off and not the sugar leaf. I guess I will try to get another pic exactly from the bud pinch.

Sent from my E5803 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Re: Mondstern's First Official Attempt - Outdoor/Indoor Hybrid Environment - Newbie 2

Lovely mystery seed sativa. She's got those one bladed leaves going on I see. :hmmmm:
I dont know of that is good or bad lol. One thing for sure, she kept stretching under 12/12 maybe because she wasnt finished yet with her veg time haha. Another thing is her bud site. The hairs are not that many, I hope not a bad sign but simply longer flowering time.

Sorry, that sent before could start lol. My questions have to do deal with ph levels and veg cups. Why germinate you seeds all together? Seems to me that you would cause a lot of shock to each plant as you try to extract them from the main pot. Also I don't recall any ph level readings throughout your journal.

I know that during my first grow everything when wrong and I kept trying to fix things and change things all the time. This caused my beg to linger longer than it should have and my flower to not really produce. First my ph was high and I was root locked for way longer than I knew about. Next was all the topping and lay training I was implementing before they were ready. Also, the stretch and n the seedlings made it very hard to control as I did not burry them after transplant. Funny thing was I through about 50 bag seed into a pot at one time, little did I expect to have over 20 seedlings looking for a home.

I guess what I'm saying is keep it simple, watch your ph and nite levels. Don't feed so much as MJ take longer of over watered. I water on Sunday Wednesday and Saturday. I basically skip two days. One day feed, skip two and water with Ph adjusted water with some seaweed extract and the skip 2 days. So on and so forth. I like to check my run off water to make sure the ph running out of the potbelly s around what I've been putting in. Build up can be good and bad. Good cause you can lightly flush and use those nutes up and bad cause you can burn the plant.

I also noticed that in the pics you are getting better yield from the LED side. That's cause LEDs bring full spectrum of light and those plants are receiving more than the rest. The CFL are good in veg but I personally will never use them as I'm not a big fan of the production.

I have to say that I did not expect your grow to record vet as it has. Good job buddy!!! I really think you learned a lot. I do suggest using small plastic cups during germination before planting in such large bags. That will give the root system a better opportunity to succeed. Watch that ph and try to do as little as possible so you refrain from causing shock to the plant. Again good job and happy growing!!!

Sorry for any spelling errors lol

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App
High Mag7, thanks for stopping by.

Looking back, my problem was basically lack of nutes and compacted soil so either one or both. No idea which one for sure since I started adding nute and changed to fabric pots around the samr time. I did not overwater. I did overwater before this grow. I was training myself. The pH was fine too.

I did not germinate them together in one pot. They each got their own pot. And there was no shock, because I did not need to transplant. But I did transplant them because I switched pots from plastic to smart fabric pots. I do not fully understand your question, but that is what happened back then.

As to pH, I got a pH meter but never reported my soil pH. It lingers around 5.5 to 6, sometimes more acidic when it is getting dry. I dont use much synthetic, just the grow more as supplement. It is all organic aside from the grow more, so I suppose pH is not that relevant. My water is ground water pumped to my house reservoir and I use that. So basically it is a well water which has been let sit. There are four 1000L reservoirs and they are connected, the use of water in my house probably only a 1000L per day, so perhaps we can assume the water sits for 3 days before it is replaced by new water fully. I just bought a ppm pen and my well water is 180ppm.

Oh and I do plan to start seeds in small cups next run. Should be better that way.
On my watering period, I do twice sometimes three times but rarely. First watering session is plain with molasses the next is with organic nutes and grow more nutes. Once a month or so I add black humic acid.

As you may have read I did spray neem and so far have sprayed a total of 4 times.

What else, hmmm the cfl I already took down and replaced with grow LEDs. As you can see I dont use pricey lighting, the two DIY LED panels cost like 150 dollar and the rest are just LED bulbs 2700k and some cheap grow led bulbs. The new LED Bulbs are COB type @18w each and they are 2700k. I love the intensity of it. I will buy some more next grow, I think. Better than the ted blie grow LED 10W. The LED bulbs with 6500k are there just because haha. Maybe I should turn them off.
That would be all. Pretty much a summary of this journal lol.

Damn, wish I could edit all that. Ugh, I sound like a fool.

High Mag7, thanks for stopping by.

Looking back, my problem was basically lack of nutes and compacted soil so either one or both. No idea which one for sure since I started adding nute and changed to fabric pots around the samr time. I did not overwater. I did overwater before this grow. I was training myself. The pH was fine too.

I did not germinate them together in one pot. They each got their own pot. And there was no shock, because I did not need to transplant. But I did transplant them because I switched pots from plastic to smart fabric pots. I do not fully understand your question, but that is what happened back then.

As to pH, I got a pH meter but never reported my soil pH. It lingers around 5.5 to 6, sometimes more acidic when it is getting dry. I dont use much synthetic, just the grow more as supplement. It is all organic aside from the grow more, so I suppose pH is not that relevant. My water is ground water pumped to my house reservoir and I use that. So basically it is a well water which has been let sit. There are four 1000L reservoirs and they are connected, the use of water in my house probably only a 1000L per day, so perhaps we can assume the water sits for 3 days before it is replaced by new water fully. I just bought a ppm pen and my well water is 180ppm.

Oh and I do plan to start seeds in small cups next run. Should be better that way.
On my watering period, I do twice sometimes three times but rarely. First watering session is plain with molasses the next is with organic nutes and grow more nutes. Once a month or so I add black humic acid.

As you may have read I did spray neem and so far have sprayed a total of 4 times.

What else, hmmm the cfl I already took down and replaced with grow LEDs. As you can see I dont use pricey lighting, the two DIY LED panels cost like 150 dollar and the rest are just LED bulbs 2700k and some cheap grow led bulbs. The new LED Bulbs are COB type @18w each and they are 2700k. I love the intensity of it. I will buy some more next grow, I think. Better than the ted blie grow LED 10W. The LED bulbs with 6500k are there just because haha. Maybe I should turn them off.
That would be all. Pretty much a summary of this journal lol.

see, no one here thinks you are :)

The times I've had leaves like that were when some of my plants got confused during veg by a lot of light cycle interruptions- power outages and human (me) induced interruptions. It took them many weeks of confusion before they decided whether they were vegging or flowering. Not sure if that relates to what you have going on or not. Beautiful slender leaves on her though. She might be worth hanging on to.

Damn, wish I could edit all that. Ugh, I sound like a fool.

Haha no problem. What do you mean with record vet? I had my trouble before with lots of wasted seeds. I though it was easy haha. Damn pests made it hard. And then I learned my lessons. I have learned a lot from this forum and google. And I am thankful for all the knowledge I habe managed to gather. It was a lot of readings really haha.

"Record vet" should have read " go as well as it did". Damn auto correct.

I would say the pH is very important and I would say that most growers would share. The ppm though, I never could wrap my head around it. Still confuses me till this day

Agree* not share. Damn I got some fat finger syndrome going on :/

Since you're on your final weeks, look at adding a UVB bulb (you can find these either online, grow shops or pet stores). This will add even more potency to your harvest. Check out my grow and you'll see I added a 4' UVB...and I've had it running the last month and I still have 2 weeks left

Agree* not share. Damn I got some fat finger syndrome going on :/

@Mag7:
PPM is parts per million. This is very important if you are using CO2 in the grow. About 400-500 ppm of CO2 is normal in the air we breathe...when adding CO2 to your plants, it can increase yield. But, if you are going to add CO2, you need to adjust your environment. In my experience, plants that use CO2 like the environment a little hotter and you have to have intense light. This affects the plants photosynthesis and produces more carbohydrates. What you need is a CO2 regulator and then connect to a CO2 controller. I run about 1200-1500ppm in a sealed tent from a 20lb tank. I don't exhaust, but instead scrub the air with a carbon filter inside the tent. You want to keep the tent sealed to not lose CO2. Then, at night you turn the CO2 off. Hope this helps

Sorry I posted this twice

How does ppm work with watering and nutes?

How does ppm work with watering and nutes?

In regards to water, it refers to the concentration of solubles (minerals) in the water you give your plants. This is a way for growers to refer to exactly how much minerals and other substances are in their water which is is useful since plants can only intake so much at a time. This is also useful for DWC growers who need to know the current condition of their reservoir water..1 part per million is the equivalent of 1mg of solubles per liter of water. Drinking water tested in the US can measure as low as 0 (for reverse osmosis, or distilled water) or as high as 700 (poor quality tap water; old, out-of-shape pipes), but most tap water will fall in the 200ppm-400ppm range.

Hope this helps. To simplify, it is measuring the minerals in your water (hard, soft water). If you live in an area with shitty water, this might be worth the investment. Just another way to adjust your environment, to give your plants the best environment possible.

Bigvin, thanks for the info. What is an optimal ppm from tap water? I know our pH is around 7.2

Also how would you adjust the ppm if its to high?

Mag7 - ppm readings are usually used by growers to measure the concentration of their nutrient solution. Organic soil growers usually have no need to read ppm. Most hydroponic growers, and growers who use 'soilless' mediums like peatmoss, coco, perlite, etc- will measure the ppm of their feedings with a meter. The alternative is to measure out the nutrients by volume (as in milliliters or teaspoons of nutrients per gallon of water). That works too though maybe less accurate.
Here is a link that may help. How do I mix up my nutrient solution?

It's part of the 'how to grow' area of the forum which contains an amazing amount of helpful info and will cover all the questions you are asking and more. Here-
How to Grow Marijuana - Everything You Need to Know!

Mondstern....plant seeds in final container as you've done. Small starter cups don't add anything except some transplant shock later on. Sometimes circumstance requires starter cups, but if not no need. I've compared both & direct into final pot is best.

Even in organics pH can come into play so good to check now & then. Wrong that organics always keep pH in proper range, some issues can arise especially in organic coco mixes. Experienced organic growers do check pH periodically....if problem shows up & to help decide what plant should have. Good example is calcium. Some sources raise pH while others lower it so good to know what to use when.

See you're using Grow More. Not organic as you've noted but mostly. Still damn good stuff but high NPK so must be careful. Plants do love it. Long time fav of NorCal outdoor growers.

Keep up the good work. Things looking great! :Namaste:

Since you're on your final weeks, look at adding a UVB bulb (you can find these either online, grow shops or pet stores). This will add even more potency to your harvest. Check out my grow and you'll see I added a 4' UVB...and I've had it running the last month and I still have 2 weeks left

Hmmm kinda hard to find over here. I couldnt find anything like that. Thanks for the input. I did see yours already, bigvin. Looking good.

Back
Top Bottom