Mondstern's First Official Attempt - Outdoor/Indoor Hybrid Environment - Newbie 2016

Re: Mondstern's First Official Attempt - Outdoor/Indoor Hybrid Environment - Newbie 2

Mondstern....plant seeds in final container as you've done. Small starter cups don't add anything except some transplant shock later on. Sometimes circumstance requires starter cups, but if not no need. I've compared both & direct into final pot is best.

Even in organics pH can come into play so good to check now & then. Wrong that organics always keep pH in proper range, some issues can arise especially in organic coco mixes. Experienced organic growers do check pH periodically....if problem shows up & to help decide what plant should have. Good example is calcium. Some sources raise pH while others lower it so good to know what to use when.

See you're using Grow More. Not organic as you've noted but mostly. Still damn good stuff but high NPK so must be careful. Plants do love it. Long time fav of NorCal outdoor growers.

Keep up the good work. Things looking great! :Namaste:
Yeah I wasnt going to use the grow more but then if you check back, i had issues, so i decided to add grow more nutes. Maybe not enough nutes in the soil, hard to really say without soil analysis...
Yeah I read about direct into final pot as well, hence the reason why, i will try to replicate things which I feel right and see if my theory is true next run. I already have plans in mind and basically the plan is just to try going organic once again with the current setup and see. If the same thing happens, well maybe I will need to stick with the extra grow more next run. My plan for next run is basically tilling the soil, prepare it for a bit with mycos, humic acid before hand and let it cool a bit. Perhaps add more of the soil ive been cooking during this grow and then have a go again. Fabric pots are for sure my choice of pot since I can tell if its still wet or not and the fact that air can go pass it, im down really. Best pot type ever. Plus that extra guarantee of no overwater could happen hehe. Sometimes rainwater could splash in from the roofs ends so when it rains hard, my ladies get some extra water i did not plan them to have. Thanks brightlight.

Sent from my E5803 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Re: Mondstern's First Official Attempt - Outdoor/Indoor Hybrid Environment - Newbie 2

So, pics on my ladies advancement will be posted tmrw. For now I would like to report that I went lollipopping a bit on the AK48. As you might have read before, I topped, fimmed, and trained my ladies some fluxing and during their stretch some cola branches fail to compete with the others. That is why you see the cola canopies looking uneven. A note in my book on this matter.
So, back to current situation, I went ahead and took of some buds which are either mini colas and some branching which could have become cola branch but started later and did not develop as the others. I went picking them and have dried them and smoked them. AK48 had the most of these little buds, the others have some but I let them be. I think you guys can relate with some buds growing below but came out couple of weeks after stretch and would never become a significant cola.
Okay, so I smoked these little buds already and would like to report that these small buds off AK48 are quite pleasant. The body buzz lasts and the head high is clear. I love it. You are calm, but not lazy and you are able to function as well since the head high is just very pleasant. I am now troubled with the decision of chopping the AK48, but we shall see. I am going to get a snip off the big cola and check the trichomes and find out the feasibility of chopping at week 10 instead of now at week 8.
Rainy days are now over and the sun shines very bright. I think I saw further swelling up across the colas. The big ones getting bigger and connections further down is more pronounced while the ones slightly behind are now catching up. Stay tuned. Pics will be posted tmrw :)

So, here they are the pics of my ladies from this morning. Currently into week 8.
420-magazine-mobile1731006198.jpg

Master Kush
420-magazine-mobile371964716.jpg

AK48
420-magazine-mobile1404205589.jpg

Haze x Kali China
420-magazine-mobile1883891174.jpg

Lithium OG Kush
420-magazine-mobile1453368794.jpg

Misty Kush
420-magazine-mobile1004834515.jpg

Mystery Seed

Bonus pics
420-magazine-mobile1225927235.jpg

420-magazine-mobile981672127.jpg

420-magazine-mobile212592929.jpg

Okay looks like the AK48 is ready to chop. I will be chopping it end of this week. The rest can go further as planned til week 10.
Here are trichomes pics of 4 of em. No need to check the HxKC and Mystery Seed since they are obviously pure sativa.
420-magazine-mobile1433995435.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1719812952.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1984246943.jpg

420-magazine-mobile38961879.jpg

420-magazine-mobile814934541.jpg

AK48
420-magazine-mobile1676130931.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1529365008.jpg

Master Kush
420-magazine-mobile857230974.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1512671829.jpg

Lithium OG Kush
420-magazine-mobile426310543.jpg

420-magazine-mobile508304077.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1963437540.jpg

Misty Kush

I've been wondering if I will also chop the rest of the kushes as well. I am afraid week 10 will be way overdue. And I will be away mid week 9, so obviously I am not gonna be able to chop them at week 9. Decision, decision. Plus the fact that the harvest time of AK48 is almost accurate as Nirvana said, it kinda sets me to want to harvest at week 8. I know they are Indica but I also do not want that all the high to be completely body high. Will report back on my decision. If I do harvest end of this week, then there will be photos :)

Bud fragrance is stinky enough, BL. Im gonna post close ups of multiple colas later. Please do help recognize their state of harvest readiness. I tried comparing the usual trichs pics and it is hard to exactly make a judgement. Especially on the clear and milky. I see amber heads, but I cant say whether the ones not amber are clear or milky haha. So I went deciding just on the amber rates. I see some on them already.

Here are the closeups I promised. Please have a look at them :)
420-magazine-mobile1127482313.jpg

Misty Kush
420-magazine-mobile689332162.jpg

Misty Kush
420-magazine-mobile1899226929.jpg

Lithium OG Kush
420-magazine-mobile951058214.jpg

Master Kush
420-magazine-mobile733266683.jpg

Master Kush
420-magazine-mobile437260409.jpg

AK48
420-magazine-mobile2031192442.jpg

AK48

Bonus pics below
420-magazine-mobile1538281936.jpg

AK48
420-magazine-mobile1596183949.jpg

Master Kush
420-magazine-mobile518216943.jpg

Lithium OG Kush
420-magazine-mobile1964504346.jpg

Misty Kush

I think they are ready to harvest, what do you guys think? I will harvest them not this weekend though. I am gonna let them have couple of days more. So maybe on Wednesday. Right before I am leaving for some time off work :) the drying will be around 10 days long because that is the duration of my vacation. So happy when things just fall into place like that. And then when I am back, it will be curing time :) so the situation kinda drives me here. Either 8wks+ or right on 10 weeks due to me leaving. I feel letting them for another 2wks would be too much.

Based on the 3 middle pics without any purple I'd harvest them right now if they were my plants. :Namaste:
Lol yeah thats the AK48. I will take more pics without the LEDs and see what your say on it. I was so stupid ot truning off the LED for better view on them. Thanks BL.

:bravo: beautiful buds!

Have you checked the trics?
when-to-harvest-chart1.jpg
I have, angry. Check previous posts. It was a bit inconclusive thats why I asked BL to review the outer whole look for some extra perspective.

So BL, here are new pics of em. I chopped my AK48 already. Some weight it has and it is likr the skinniest of em all. So stoked.
Here are pics of my 3 other kushes. Please help recognize their state of harvest readiness.
420-magazine-mobile704102824.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1708343935.jpg

Misty Kush
420-magazine-mobile763953126.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1686528177.jpg

Lithium OG Kush
420-magazine-mobile1686449158.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1860899292.jpg

420-magazine-mobile861007017.jpg

Master Kush

Based on pics Mondstern....think you're ok to pick now or ok to go a few more days. Lithium & Master look like they could go a few more days so maybe take them last. Stigmas mostly brown/red, healthy plant will always throw out more new white ones so ignore those. You seem mostly colored on stigmas already. Often indicas will start to look like they're "re-vegging" if left too long & get leafier. If fragrance starts to wane, also too long. If you want any of the "up" qualities even w/ indicas, don't wait too long. If you like the dopey couch lock, waiting is fine. But I always suggest that no matter what strain, pick at peak or a bit before. Better to get the couch lock effect via strain selection rather than waiting too long. Imo waiting too long ruins all the time you've put into it. If you picked now based on picks you should like it just fine. Weed doesn't get better after peak but a little before is just fine. Sorry I can't be of more help from afar. :Namaste:

Nice. Thanks, BL. Very prompt of you to answer this quick. I feel like getting the hang of harvesting even with you being nowhere close to where I am. Modern age indeed. Thanks. I am going to get back to my plan where I will cover them for a day and chop them in the morning. I found out that my drying area is nowhere at its capacity for all these 4. So I got it prepped as well. Nice nice. I will cover them on Monday night and harvest early morning on Wed. Thanks a bunch BL. I really appreciate it.

I definately agree with BL the buds in the top two pics look ready the rest could go later.

Alright. Thanks redmud. I have already harvested the Misty Kush and Lithium OG Kush. Will harvest the Master Kush tmrw morning. So far so good. I am almost out of drying space. Lol so much weed.

Pics on the bounty and the casualties left behind will be posted later

Sorry for MIA for quite some time. Buds have been dried well over 2 wks and boy they areall good. One j lasts for the whole day. All Kushes are chopped already. Currently waiting for the Haze x Kali China and the mystery seed to finish and then start over again. Some time this week will start treating the soil in the pots to ready them for batch 2. By the time they all finish I will start a new journal. I just receive my auto WW, I am leaning to grow exclusively WW next run. We shall see. Since I have only one site, the lighting regiment will be a problem if I grow 5 autos plus 1 fem. O well.

So basically this journal is nearing its end. 2-3 weeks til I chop the haze x sativa. The mystery seed is so slow, if it is still not done then, i am at a loss what to do with it. I think since it went 12/12 from the get go, it doesnt realize any shortening in daylight hence its weird behaviour.

Back
Top Bottom