Moneyman's 5x5 Flood & Drain Table With LED

Moneyman223

Hello everyone, welcome to my new and improved attempt at a grow journal. I previously had an attempt at a journal but ultimately didn’t follow through with it. This one will be different. I’ve come a long way in my first year of growing and I’m here to not only give but receive tips as I go.

As far as my setup goes-
5x5 gorilla grow tent with height extension
Gavita 1700e LED
4x4 grow tray (inner dimension tho so it fits snug in the tent)
6 inch ac infinity
28 gallon tote as reservoir

Im currently about 7 days into flower and I have the table flooding every hour for about 2 minutes(while lights are on), would love to hear what schedules anyone else running a flood table likes to run but my plants seem to love it. In the pictures you will see a pretty distinct difference, I have 6 platinum punch mints on the left(shorter bushier plant), and caked up cherries on the right(noticeably taller), the platinum punch mints have taken off and are already budding up on all its sights, caked up is a little slower but I saw a lot more out of her when I check today. These pics are about 4-5 days old I’ll take some new ones in the morning.
forgot to add I threw in 6 smaller plants just for the hell of it, a couple Tropicana cookies and lavender layer cakes, don’t expect them to do much since they’re way below the canopy.

59AE6654-9759-4D16-9A2D-662EA667C73D.jpeg

697CC505-98D7-478B-B604-890F96C4AD37.jpeg

04A594E5-D572-4B85-B6DC-3A32544B433F.jpeg

Hello everyone, welcome to my new and improved attempt at a grow journal. I previously had an attempt at a journal but ultimately didn’t follow through with it. This one will be different. I’ve come a long way in my first year of growing and I’m here to not only give but receive tips as I go.

As far as my setup goes-
Gavita 1700e LED
6 inch ac infinity

Im currently about 7 days into flower and I have the table flooding every hour for about 2 minutes(while lights are on), would love to hear what schedules anyone else running a flood table likes to run but my plants seem to love it. In the pictures you will see a pretty distinct difference, I have 6 platinum punch mints on the left(shorter bushier plant), and caked up cherries on the right(noticeably taller), the platinum punch mints have taken off and are already budding up on all its sights, caked up is a little slower but I saw a lot more out of her when I check today. These pics are about 4-5 days old I’ll take some new ones in the morning.
forgot to add I threw in 6 smaller plants just for the hell of it, a couple Tropicana cookies and lavender layer cakes, don’t expect them to do much since they’re way below the canopy.

Fantastic looking garden my friend. :cheer:

Thank you brother I will be starting a journal for my 10x10 I’m putting up also! Can’t wait!
Tag me when you get your journal going. I'll come along.

I’m gonna keep my eyes on if ok with you @Moneyman223 .
Looking brill there matey.
Not long got the same light. Still waiting to set it up though.
Peace an buds to ya
For sure bro! All eyes welcome here! I definitely recommend getting the controller to dim the lights as they’re super strong.. mine still hasn’t come in yet so the leaves are tacoing a bit but no where near as much as I thought thankfully.

For sure bro! All eyes welcome here! I definitely recommend getting the controller to dim the lights as they’re super strong.. mine still hasn’t come in yet so the leaves are tacoing a bit but no where near as much as I thought thankfully.
Thanks @Moneyman223
Hope your well mate. Yeah man, got the el2f gen 2 + adapter.
Still waiting on ec fans.. ordered one, got back to me last week saying they can’t get it yet??
So I’ve ordered another one. Mountain whisper or something. If you don’t mind me asking? Which do you use?
ive never used em before, so it’s gonna be fun for a bit.
I’m going to finish up what I’ve got in the tent,hopefully this sat.
Give everywhere a good scrub down, then get the lights in. Fans can happen later as there are some running, just not ec.
Peace an stuff

As far as my setup goes-
Gavita 1700e LED
6 inch ac infinity

They make covers cheap or buy felt like a smart pots material cut to shape in your case square then cut down the middle to center and cut a hole for stem will stop algae from stealing o2 and nutes. Also see people place their cubes and then cover with panda and cut X slots where they will put their clone cube into 6 inch cubes. But with perlite and rockwool green is a sign of over watering rock wool can hold water for up to a week

Thanks @Moneyman223
Hope your well mate. Yeah man, got the el2f gen 2 + adapter.
Still waiting on ec fans.. ordered one, got back to me last week saying they can’t get it yet??
So I’ve ordered another one. Mountain whisper or something. If you don’t mind me asking? Which do you use?
ive never used em before, so it’s gonna be fun for a bit.
I’m going to finish up what I’ve got in the tent,hopefully this sat.
Give everywhere a good scrub down, then get the lights in. Fans can happen later as there are some running, just not ec.
Peace an stuff
Honestly bro, not sure what an “ec” fan is, like an in-line fan?? That sounds dope brother be sure to upload when you get it all up!

They make covers cheap or buy felt like a smart pots material cut to shape in your case square then cut down the middle to center and cut a hole for stem will stop algae from stealing o2 and nutes. Also see people place their cubes and then cover with panda and cut X slots where they will put their clone cube into 6 inch cubes. But with perlite and rockwool green is a sign of over watering rock wool can hold water for up to a week
I definitely plan on it I’ve been so busy I’ve been meaning to get to it. Thanks for the suggestions, gonna check a few of them out. I’m sure I’m over watering I’m flooding pretty often but smaller flood times for beginning of flower I will start to do longer and not as often as I go

For some reason none of the links in your signature are working, is it just me?

Here some update pics, I had the tray flooding at night too by accident these last 2 days and the caked up cherries definitely didn’t like that. Between it being so close to the light on 100% and being over watered she’s not to happy.. the platinum punch mints on the other hand is absolutely loving it lol looks like she’s going to have some nice chunky colas the way she’s taking off lol
F4A5E403-2DAA-4555-99F0-50D827DADF03.png
617278D4-A7FF-48A7-9F5B-EC47D3F1B4E7.png
4C1A5A1C-09E6-4F04-803C-FA893EE3E1E7.png
9B396BF4-15E6-4DC5-AEE5-52725D52D999.png
53AA6E36-AC56-43D9-8F67-3825E4FD92D9.jpeg

Honestly bro, not sure what an “ec” fan is, like an in-line fan?? That sounds dope brother be sure to upload when you get it all up!
Think that they are run by the controller, along with the lights is all man. Supposed to give me more control of the environment. Think I’m kidding myself a bit, as I’m set up in the loft with it all. Prob going to need a proper ac unit up there at some point.
Got an iso max an a load of rvk fans going at the min.
Thanks for taking the time mate.

Hey @Jon
Just looked up what exactly fans are..
0A439399-2A36-45FE-B93F-06494CAD52B1.png
I’m still none the wiser:)
Not what I thought anyway.. It’s the controller that controls stuff.ha
I just got this one, cuz I'm pretty sure the base will fit perfectly under my scrog screen and the tower where the air blows out will sit perfectly above the screen blowing on the buds, and it oscillates, which should make adjusting fans all the time as the buds grow a lot easier. The base is adjustable up and down. It should also free up a few of the four smaller fans I'm currently using in there to target the canopy from underneath at the spots where maybe it needs more air than others and the underside of the canopy in general. I plan on having all five fans going in that tent once I flip them as one thing I've learned is that moving air between your buds is EXTREMELY important for many reasons. Not the least of which is that it really helps to "even out" the environment in the tent, as a scrog, I understand, is going to create kind of "two zone" of climate - one above and one below the screen. The goal is evenness to the climate in the tent as a whole. So moving the air from above and below and making sure it gets through the canopy is key to helping even out the temperature and humidity overall in the tent as the grow gets more and more jungle-y.

New fan.jpg

I just got this one, cuz I'm pretty sure the base will fit perfectly under my scrog screen and the tower where the air blows out will sit perfectly above the screen blowing on the buds, and it oscillates, which should make adjusting fans all the time as the buds grow a lot easier. The base is adjustable up and down. It should also free up a few of the four smaller fans I'm currently using in there to target the canopy from underneath at the spots where maybe it needs more air than others and the underside of the canopy in general. I plan on having all five fans going in that tent once I flip them as one thing I've learned is that moving air between your buds is EXTREMELY important for many reasons. Not the least of which is that it really helps to "even out" the environment in the tent, as a scrog, I understand, is going to create kind of "two zone" of climate - one above and one below the screen. The goal is evenness to the climate in the tent as a whole. So moving the air from above and below and making sure it gets through the canopy is key to helping even out the temperature and humidity overall in the tent as the grow gets more and more jungle-y.

New fan.jpg
Yes sir I’m definitely on the same page as you. You can’t really see well, but I have a standing fan blowing under the canopy and an extremely strong wall mount fan above the canopy. I bought 2 of the wall mount fans but it would honestly be overkill in this 5x5, on the lowest setting those thing are still vicious. My standing fan on the the other hand I’d like to replace for something a little stronger, I may have to check out this one it definitely looks like the ideal fan for underneath the canopy for sure. Thanks bro!

Hey @Jon
Just looked up what exactly fans are..
0A439399-2A36-45FE-B93F-06494CAD52B1.png
I’m still none the wiser:)
Not what I thought anyway.. It’s the controller that controls stuff.ha
Haha yea that stuffs all a foreign language to me honestly lol. The AC infinity I have is amazing tho couldn’t ask for any better. Had speeds 1-10 with a temp and humidity gauge and all types of alarms to alert when something is to high or low. Super cool

Haha yea that stuffs all a foreign language to me honestly lol. The AC infinity I have is amazing tho couldn’t ask for any better. Had speeds 1-10 with a temp and humidity gauge and all types of alarms to alert when something is to high or low. Super cool
Yeah I'll probably get that external controller next time. I have the 8 speed push button controller. It works great. 8 speeds is usually enough, lol. I notice it's really more like four speeds, as it really only bumps itself up an appreciable amount every 2 notches. I don't know if there's finer control over the fan when you use the external controller you have, is there?

Back
Top Bottom