Monkey's - TopLED - Perpetual Ebb&Flow - Scrog - Super Lemon Haze & OG Kush - 2014

Dantes Monkey

:welcome: to Monkey's Grow Journal brought to you live from Monkey's Treehouse, deep in the jungle that is my unused back bedroom. Before we go any further, I would like to take a brief moment to thank two awesome 420mag sponsors for their generous support:

Thank You to @JJ Bones of @Perfect Gardens for hooking me up with the fantastic grow tents.

Thank You to @Mars Hydro of @TopLED for hooking me up with the awesome LED panels.

Now onto the good stuff!

Strain: Greenhouse Seeds Super Lemon Haze & Reserva Privada OG Kush #18
Stage: Currently Germinating
Environment: Indoors. Three Secret Jardin DR90 tents. (Thank You JJ Bones!)
Light: TopLED Reflector 192x3w (Thank You SmokeSara!)
Medium: Hydro. 5 Gallon Bucket Flood & Drain. Hydroton
Scrog: Custom PVC Monkey Bars with 2" spacing and netted with string.

For those of you who have been following the progress of my grow room build (link in my sig), you know this Journal is long overdue. I originally started germinating a couple of auto seeds that I got as freebees with a previous order. I was going to run those as a system test in case we had any catastrophic failures. Unfortunately, I never got them to germinate.

So here we are. I took the rest of my genetics which I have been saving for quite some time and just decided to pop them all. I started with 6 rockwool cubes dunked in ph adjusted (5.5) water under a humidity dome and on a heat mat. I was shocked to find them all pushing through after only about 60 hours.

:yahoo:So today we fired up the TopLED 192x3, dropped the light hangers down as low as possible, took some pics, and did a little happy dance!

IMG_100722.JPG

^The Dome (ebb & flow controller visible in background)
IMG_100518.JPG

^3x Super Lemon Haze
IMG_100625.JPG

^3x OG Kush

After the disappointment of my autos failing to germinate (probably my fault), I am so excited to finally have some plants. So here we grow!

Now time for a celebratory bowl and I'll just have to pretend its my SLH:cool:

:Namaste:
-Monkey

re: Monkey's - TopLED - Perpetual Ebb&Flow - Scrog - Super Lemon Haze & OG Kush - 2014

Great News about the new beans!:party: ..... Can't wait to see how they turn out:peace:

re: Monkey's - TopLED - Perpetual Ebb&Flow - Scrog - Super Lemon Haze & OG Kush - 2014

subscribed Dantes Monkey. Did you put the seeds straight into the Rockwool cubes?

Well everyone. I'm batting 1000 on my mission to kill plants. I wish I would've taken some pics, but all 6 of the seedlings are dead. Not to mention the 2 that I was using as a test run prior to these 6. I had to bite the bullet and order new seeds. I've never had trouble germinating in the past, so I don't know whats happening now.

subscribed Dantes Monkey. Did you put the seeds straight into the Rockwool cubes?

Yep. Can't say it was the best idea. I lost 4 seedlings right from the beginning as the taproots sprouted up and out of the cubes. I tried to flip them, but they never came back.

I got my "baby" leaves to pop on two of them (one of each breed), but they never dropped their shells or opened up. The little bit of new growth that I did see what all withered an sad looking. I thought they were getting too warm, so I turned off the heat mat. Then i thought they were staying too wet and getting flooded, so I pulled off the humidity dome. As soon as the rockwool dried out the plants just withered and died.

I've always had great results germinating before. Although previously, I've always used the paper towel method. On my test run, I got nothing from my paper towel and probably over watered and checked them too frequently. I also don't think they were getting warm enough.

So we're going to give it another shot when my new seeds come in. I'll be going back to my paper towel method and I'll definitely be posting lots of pics and asking for a bunch of help this time around. Should I keep using this thread, or start a new one?

-Monkey

hang in there my 420 pal ... your just fine tuning your method :peace:

Ready for the new start Dantes Monkey, lots of pictures so rookies like me can learn from you and the awesomely outstanding growers here on this site.

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Back
Top Bottom