Monkey's Tree House: Perpetual Multi-Tent LED Bucket Scrog w/ PICS!

Dantes Monkey

Hello Everyone,

Welcome to Monkey's Tree House. I will be setting up my growroom over the next few weeks and wanted to post some pics of the progress.

Here is the game plan:
3x Secret Jardin DR90 2.5 grow tents
3x TopLED Reflector lights 192x3watt. One per tent
12 site Ebb & Flow system in 5 gallon buckets (4 sites per tent)
3x control buckets
3x 27 gallon reservoirs
3x Fixed Scrog screens
1x 8 site bucket cloner

Today, I got all my tents put together. LEDs will be here in a couple days. Next step will be building the controller buckets, assembling the screens, and sorting out the ventilation. Once we get this rig ready to plant, I'll be starting a grow journal as well.

IMG_093422.JPG

IMG_093821.JPG

Here are a couple of test fit pics that I took showing the bucket layout and carbon filter.

IMG_092619.JPG

IMG_092517.JPG

(sorry for the sideways shot)

Thanks for visiting and check back for updates.
:Namaste:
-Monkey

Yeah man I had an idea and tried it out tied string all the way around the 4 straight up rights then tied string across to required size was quality strong and made to however and it can slide up and down as you need.

Probably the shortest idea ever but my logic is limited lol

But that's a tidy set up man and looking forward to seeing this get going man.

Cheers dude

Yeah man I had an idea and tried it out tied string all the way around the 4 straight up rights then tied string across to required size was quality strong and made to however and it can slide up and down as you need.

Probably the shortest idea ever but my logic is limited lol

But that's a tidy set up man and looking forward to seeing this get going man.

Cheers dude

Nice! Simple and hopefully effective. I'd be worried about the weight of the plant pushing the screen down though. Right now I'm thinking some pvc joints with a set screw or maybe a few hose clamps. I'm trying to avoid drilling holes in the support poles. Even though I'm not hanging a lot of weight from the top of the tent, I'd rather not compromise the structural integrity of the supports.

Yeah I get you there, I mean when I tried the string it seemed sturdy but wasn't put to the test so a untested method lol. I always struggle with thought of how to hang a screen attach a screen or even have a screen on a stand but what method is best??

I've got my light attached to the top of my tent and that's it I'm currently at the top of my tent with the light as the height of the ladies is unreal 4 foot now, and I flipped them at a foot high, the light has never been more than 12 inches away and the nodes are close so not stretched, and they seem to be creating great bud sites.

Anyway I'm hoping with a scrog that a height of 3ft wud be maximum and the width and length to be filled as it's only 60x60 after this scrog if it works I'll upgrade to a better tent.

Cheers man good luck

the hardware guy wasn't high... funny how creative our mind can be. Loving your setup.

That's some monkey madness right there bro.

Go on..... But one thing who the hell has that lying around lol. I don't ever seen to have owt lying around. Never mind.

Cracking idea though mate. Keep up the good work

the hardware guy wasn't high... funny how creative our mind can be. Loving your setup.

Thank You! Oh, and I certainly was. I wandered around that store for over an hour carrying a metal pipe and ended up only buying a pack of eye hooks.

That's some monkey madness right there bro.

Go on..... But one thing who the hell has that lying around lol. I don't ever seen to have owt lying around. Never mind.

Cracking idea though mate. Keep up the good work

Thanks bro! The PVC was leftovers from my old aero system. I just broke out the old unibit, and bored out the elbows until they just barely would slip over the tent pole. Then I cut the PVC pipe to the exact distance between the vertical tent poles. The hard part was actually putting in all those eye hooks, serious pain in the azz.

Looks quality though man and yea that's a lot of ball ache for ya self right there bit defo worth doing mate.

And it's even better when ya do it yaself and it all goes well man.

Good stuff bro

Looks quality though man and yea that's a lot of ball ache for ya self right there bit defo worth doing mate.

And it's even better when ya do it yaself and it all goes well man.

Good stuff bro

I do enjoy a good DIY project. Even if I had to buy everything to build this, I think it would've cost about $10, not including the tools (pvc sheers, unibit, drill, drill bit, tape measure).

Book of Monkey. Chapter 1, Verse 1:
In the beginning, Monkey assembled the tent and the screen. And the screen was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the buckets. And the Spirit of Monkey moved upon the face of the mylar. And Monkey said, Let there be light: and there was light. And Monkey saw the light, that it was good!

IMG_096216.JPG

light only

IMG_096123.JPG

grow switch on only

IMG_095824.JPG

grow + bloom switch on

And now I have 192 tiny little spots in my vision, LOL

-Monkey

Haha quality man. In the beginning, lol.

That's a neat setup man, I don't remember reading about the led light but if I did I apologise looks quality man. What's the spec on that?? I wanna see the benefits of using one.

Quality though mate, reckon your already on to a winner.

Good luck

Thanks Smokey,

Its the TopLED 192x3watt. 600 Watt output with only 400 Watt draw, and I think its easily as bright as a 600 watt HPS. Its amazing how cool this thing runs for the amount of light it puts out. I zipped the tent all the way up, turned the light on full blast, and put my thermometer in there. Remember, I still have NO ventilation and just left the socks open. The max temp at plant level was only 81 deg F (27 C) which was only about 7 degrees above the ambient. I think under those conditions, a 400 watt HPS would've easily pushed the temp over 100.

I also finished boring and drilling the rest of the scrog screens, but ran out of eye hooks. The only downside I've found to building the screens this way is having to take the tent apart to install. So I'm waiting to hang the rest of the lights until I get the frames finished.

-Monkey

Yeah that sounds quality bro. I really like the look and sound of the led light.

The trips for me are being kind but I have to run a pretty extreme ventilation. For the tents to be sitting pretty at the moment. The temps here at the min are unrealso the tent is obviously high aswell. Is there anyway of cooling my light down, next time I'll buy air cooled man

Quality grow your gonna have man

Thanks Man, I appreciate it.

As far as cooling your light: maybe a DIY cool tube would be worth checking out. Air cooled hoods/cool tubes are the way to go for HID lights. The only other alternative I know of is water cooling which is basically the same concept except using a heat exchanger, like an icebox. But water cooling is very expensive and probably more trouble than its worth.

Today was kind of a slow day in the Tree House. I did finish the rest of my scrog screens, so those are ready to be installed. Looks like the kit for my controller bucket will be here tomorrow. I'm still working through my ventilation plans. I have a tendency to over complicate things, so now I'm trying to apply the K.I.S.S mentality before I go overboard.

-Monkey

Back
Top Bottom