Mono's Monster - One Plant - 600 Grams

:welcome:

Since the last journal was a somewhat success, here we are again. Another new grow journal ;) I will start this one off with a little bit more detail and try and be a bit more informative with my posts rather than throwing up pictures with a little caption... there is a good chance my enthusiasm will dwindle though :)

Anyway, the star of the show this run is going to be Critical Hog from TH Seeds. I've found the strain to be a very easy plant to grow, loves a strong feed and has a relatively solid finishing time of 8-9 weeks of 12/12. She produces dense, hard buds with a lovely indica couchlock ;)

Here is what TH Seeds have to say about the strain :-

This is a commercial growers dream. Extremely easy to grow and a huge yield as the Tennessee HOG meets the Basque Country Critical Mass. Due to the huge buds make sure the room is well ventilated and if grown outdoors kept out of the heavy late season rain falls.

The part about the huge buds and ventilation can't be stressed enough. As I found out last run with mould issues close to harvest.

:volcano-smiley:

Back to the grow.. We will be jumping right in at the deep end here. No seeds, seedlings or little ones. The plan is to pull A gram per watt From a single plant, flowered under a 600 watt High Pressure Sodium Light.

I will be using Canna Coco Professional as the growing medium, with an inch deep layer of perlite on top to keep any fungus gnats at bay. Canna coco A and B, along side Terra Vega, P/K 13/14, Cannazyme, Rhizotonic and some dolomite lime as the fertilizers.

Pot is a 37 litre smart pot, which she has been in for around three weeks now.

:thumb:

I started the seed off with the plan of flowering during the last run. Changed my mind a few times, flipped her to 12/12 to show sex then decided to grow a one plant monster.

I've toyed and implemented the idea of Screen of Green as a growing method, then scrapped that in favor of more primitive growing techniques ;).

Pics ;)

I will run back a little bit, then get to where we are now. Still no idea how much longer I will vegetative grow her. Maybe you guys have some thoughts on that?

Here she is just around the time I figured a single plant monster was the way to go. She was relatively comfortable under the CFL in the boiler cupboard, with no ventilation. I used this time to clear much of the lower growth, giving some space to work under her... Didn't know what she would become at this point.

image31839.jpg

Following on a week or so later, transplant to the 37 litre smart pot had been done and she was under the 250 watt HPS in the ''veg tent''. Still didn't know what to do with her...

P1040605.JPG

A screen seemed a good idea to keep her under control and shape her to fill the tent. A couple of pieces of plastic were robbed from an old greenhouse of hours and put over her, she seemed to like it.

image1154.jpeg

I didn't like the screen though. Too Messy and too much work ;) So after about 10 days in the screen I painstakingly took it back off of her, and this is what we have now...

image1640.jpeg

:Namaste:

I'm currently feeding Canna coco A and B at full strength and using dolomite lime to adjust the pH to around 6.0. Watering daily to around 10% run off, she is going through six liters of water per day.

Since taking the screen off I've not done any training, 2.5ft x 2.5ft currently in the 4ft x 4ft tent. Ideally she will fill the whole tent when stretching is over after the flip to 12/12. Although I'm not too sure how long to leave her before flowering.

Don't think there will be as much stretch as usual since she is already sexually mature... On the other hand, don't want to be dealing with a plant that's too big for the space either.

Provisionally Let's go with November 10th as 12/12 day 1

Subscribed Mono.

Of course I'm in for this one:popcorn:

How much water will a 600g monster drink a day and can your medium hold that?

When I did the RRF autos in NFT I probably ended up with about 400g and they were sucking something like 15 litres a day at their peak. You sure you got a big enough pot for this? :)

I'm hopping the pot will be big enough. Medium is 100% coco so she can be watered as much as she needs to be :). Currently she is drinking about 6 litres of water per day, just vegging away lol. I may have to look into getting some more nutrients ordered before she goes crazy in the first few weeks of 12/12.

Hold on with the veg feed and 13/14.....

Wanna get shares in Canna, before you order... I will be quids in !!! :rofl::rofl::rofl::morenutes::morenutes:

She really is drinking well mate..... Bet she got a nice fat root system by now....:):):)

When she gets bigger, the Avatar people can move in.... Some rotten bugger blew their last " home" tree up......

Hold on with the veg feed and 13/14.....

Wanna get shares in Canna, before you order... I will be quids in !!! :rofl::rofl::rofl::morenutes::morenutes:

She really is drinking well mate..... Bet she got a nice fat root system by now....:):):)

When she gets bigger, the Avatar people can move in.... Some rotten bugger blew their last " home" tree up......

Hahahaha :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I'm really hopping she will be done with root growing in the next week or two so when the flip to 12/12 all she does is focus on producing buds ;)

I've upped the feed to full strength soil nutrients. Seems to be working really well in the coco ;) Since the last pics, the canopy has filled out more, it's like a full bush lol.

Need to figure out a way to tie her down, don't have anywhere to tie onto with the smart pot...

Need to figure out a way to tie her down, don't have anywhere to tie onto with the smart pot...

I use wire hangers to make a grid in the coco so I got places to anchor my garden wire
20150928_171242.jpg

Or get a tomato ring if you need something higher up

I use wire hangers to make a grid in the coco so I got places to anchor my garden wire
20150928_171242.jpg

Or get a tomato ring if you need something higher up

Nice work !!.... I was gonna suggest a knocking up a simple wooden frame around legs of girl.... Further out of course... Tie on the frame or put little hooks/eyes on the frame to tie to....
If you got any wood knocking about of course.... Or some cheap battening from builders merchant, still got ya trade card ??

Hope weekend is going swimingly mate

:high-five:

Back
Top Bottom