Monsignor's Laboratory Of Cannabis Madness

Wouldnt more roots mean better and more nutrients distribution though. It would be cool to try out at least hehe. I'll stick around for this one and let's see what happens hehe

Sent from my SM-G935F using 420 Magazine Mobile App
Absolutely! It's all worth a shot haha. I'm sorry, I thought you meant taking cuttings. I say do it and share your results on here!!! I don't grow autos (or haven't yet).

Do you have a master plan here Msr - some sort of grand creation in mind or are you mostly just goofing around?
As far as production goes, I think a many trunked plant is useless and likely a waste of time but I wanted to see if it could be done. I'm going to turn this 20 gallon plant into a web of trunks and then let her go and eventually flower. Maybe finish outdoors? Ultimately I want to enter her into plant of the month.

As far as the concept, I'll probably use this method to propagate future grows because it's so hands off, doesn't require an extra room or equipment, and so far kind of seems like a sure thing.

We'll see in the next couple of days though. I snapped one of them where it goes into the cube and it's just hanging on by a thread but it appears to be healing itself lol.

The one on the left is the broken one.

420-magazine-mobile1693010265.jpg

Okay guys, I have some cool updates. The ends that were wrapped in the last picture did not turn out because it wasn't air tight and they dried out. I removed the wrapping and did it again but this time, instead of wrapping strips, I poked a hole in the middle of a cellophane 8x8 square and pushed the tip of the branch through it. I taped it at the hole around the stem with electrical tape ensuring a nice and tight seal. Then I shaved one side of the stem down to the core and cut a slice into the rapid rooter. I spread the slit of the rapid rooter and place it around the stem. Then I pulled the cellophane around the cube and bunched it tight at the end and taped it. I also wrapped one thin piece of tape around the cube's center to keep it tight against the shaved stem inside.

I'm not sure how long it took but two rooted and the third would have if I hadn't killed it where it met the cube by twisting it and picking it up frequently to observe it's progress. Just leave them alone lol. By the time the cubes were fully dry they had more than enough root to plant. AWESOME!!! Set it and forget it!!! It appears like, if done properly and not molested constantly, this method will provide 100% success rates with next to ZERO hassle.

Also note my new growing system and be jealous!!! Buahahahahahaha!!!

420-magazine-mobile1403829973.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1651299886.jpg

420-magazine-mobile261035164.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2146934918.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1863307959.jpg

So I haven't posted anything in a while because there really isn't anything to update. The process of removing the cellophane and tape is kind of a pain in the ass because everything is fragile at the tip of the branch. When I start doing my clones at the base of a branch I think everything will go way smoother. With the exception of the branches that I messed up myself (two) this technique has proven a 100% successful clone rate with almost no effort (with and without cloneX). Very exciting. When I do one at the base I will do a full "how to" type of post.

As far as my 20 Gallon smart pots go, I will finish this post with a picture of them that I took yesterday. I'm going to triple my last yield... I guarantee it. I've also switched from General Hydroponics due to the Ph swing issues that I have. While I'm EXTREMELY happy with the results, I'm not in the mood to chase Ph anymore. I switched to Advanced Nutrients Ph Perfect line and couldn't be happier. Two words: ***Dosing Pumps***. Their Nutes are pure liquid so they can use a dosing pump. THANK GOOOOOD. Not to mention their schedule calculator makes it stupid simple. I water with 5 gallons once every 7-8 days. So I just entered 5 gallons into the weekly schedule calc for 8 week veg and 8 week bloom and boom... It let me print out the full schedule and all of the products that I need.

They get a little pricey on the add-on products but if you notice the tiny amounts that are used you will see that a quart of the expensive ones will last about as long or longer than a gallon of the base nutes so it works out. I only set the schedule for Hobbyist level and will see what my results look like. If it's comparable in bud quality to GH then I will keep it there. If not I will move up to the next level and if that doesn't do it then I'll be searching for a new line... From what I'm seeing in Veg though, I'm going to be VERY satisfied.

Thanks for joining me in the Laboratory!!!

420-magazine-mobile700974542.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1409000888.jpg
420-magazine-mobile198240602.jpg

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom