Monster Cropped Strawberry Banana

Yeah you gotta have room. Any larger and I would be i trouble i think, or if i had 2 that size. Hope you're doing well
using 7 gallon air-pots - having very good yields BUT - like you would to use bigger pots - not enough room - the old saying: bigger the pot the bigger the plants

using 7 gallon air-pots - having very good yields BUT - like you would to use bigger pots - not enough room - the old saying: bigger the pot the bigger the plants
The last thing you want to do is grow a plant that's too big for the space. A properly grown small plant will still put out a fair amount of bud. I usually grow one strain in hydro and another plant of the same strain in dirt. I use a 25gallon bag. Here are some pics of smaller closet plants. The first one is growing now and has a ways to go.

The last thing you want to do is grow a plant that's too big for the space. A properly grown small plant will still put out a fair amount of bud. I usually grow one strain in hydro and another plant of the same strain in dirt. I use a 25gallon bag. Here are some pics of smaller closet plants. The first one is growing now and has a ways to go.

You are right !! - much (except genetics) of it comes down to the cultivator; not pot size so to say and which gave you the best yields -- hydro or dirt ? WOW !! what a gallery --- Thanks

You are right !! - much (except genetics) of it comes down to the cultivator; not pot size so to say
You have to remember seeds are a shitty situation if you're looking for a specific trait. Check out this chart which shows you how a given seed may turn out. You may get a seed and it may turn out perfectly, but there is a luck factor in place... check this out
I'm a natural born skeptic, so I dont believe this chart entirely, but I do think it has its merit

What I'm saying is, if you're growing from seed you need to read where is going before it gets there. If you're growing Durban Poison you wont veg for 2 months etc.. One way to take control early is to SCROG. It's a super easy training method, but there are down sides. You cant move your plants with a scrog. If you are growing in a closet and you have to take the plants to the bathtub to water, a SCROG isnt going to work.

You will find "your" way in this crazy hobby. Remember to keep it simple, grow for quality not quantity, read and talk to people you trust. You may find people on here that just nod their head in agreement when they really dont know.

You're gonna do well. You ask good questions

You have to remember seeds are a shitty situation if you're looking for a specific trait. Check out this chart which shows you how a given seed may turn out. You may get a seed and it may turn out perfectly, but there is a luck factor in place... check this out
I'm a natural born skeptic, so I dont believe this chart entirely, but I do think it has its merit

What I'm saying is, if you're growing from seed you need to read where is going before it gets there. If you're growing Durban Poison you wont veg for 2 months etc.. One way to take control early is to SCROG. It's a super easy training method, but there are down sides. You cant move your plants with a scrog. If you are growing in a closet and you have to take the plants to the bathtub to water, a SCROG isnt going to work.

You will find "your" way in this crazy hobby. Remember to keep it simple, grow for quality not quantity, read and talk to people you trust. You may find people on here that just nod their head in agreement when they really dont know.

You're gonna do well. You ask good questions
Very good point ! one does have to "understand" each specific strain genetic's (that's the fun of it ) planning is also important (what publication are you holding ?)

Very good point ! one does have to "understand" each specific strain genetic's (that's the fun of it ) planning is also important (what publication are you holding ?)
Dont be afraid to look at other sites. Theres one called Grow Weed Easy that has fairly good answers to most questions. It's a bit more do it yourself, but that makes it easier, because you're not getting 10 answers. I also follow a site called Roll It Up. The people their are really smart... possibly more so than here. But it's a shark tank. People always arguing their point. It's not like here at all.

The book is
It's great, but it has a section that makes it indispensable. It shows you nutrient excesses and deficiencies by first defining if the issue is a mobile or immobile base, macro, micro nutrient. This, in my opinion is the very best way to check off various maladies and find the root cause. Get this book

I believe you've seen these before...
These plants were both Lemon Skunk one grew
colas, the other grew completely different. Neither smelled of skunk or lemons. But the plant on the left smelled and tasted of berries. This is what I mean about seeds doing their own thing

I also have that book, if I might add. I agree with @Stltoed it is a great book. Everything a person needs/wants to know about horticulture is in that book.:smokin:
I have a few books from Mr Cervantes and Mr. Rosenthal. This one is the goods

The variability of offspring is the one thing that everyone seems to underestimate. Very rarely will two seeds produce identical plants or smoke from those plants.
Exactly. When I grew those plants I was looking for a Lemon Skunk that matched something I had in high school. I was a little bummed when i didnt get anything close to either

Dont be afraid to look at other sites. Theres one called Grow Weed Easy that has fairly good answers to most questions. It's a bit more do it yourself, but that makes it easier, because you're not getting 10 answers. I also follow a site called Roll It Up. The people their are really smart... possibly more so than here. But it's a shark tank. People always arguing their point. It's not like here at all.

The book is
It's great, but it has a section that makes it indispensable. It shows you nutrient excesses and deficiencies by first defining if the issue is a mobile or immobile base, macro, micro nutrient. This, in my opinion is the very best way to check off various maladies and find the root cause. Get this book
Thanks - Growweedeasy.com does have some very good information another one is "ILoveGrowingMarijuana.com" for guide,ect --both simmunlar There are so many book published ow hard to find a good one -- Thanks

Thanks - Growweedeasy.com does have some very good information another one is "ILoveGrowingMarijuana.com" for guide,ect --both simmunlar There are so many book published ow hard to find a good one -- Thanks
There are quite a few. A lot are useless, but find one or you you like. I really dont think you need a ton of books unless you get into a specialty like breeding, or lighting. Just remember to keep it fun

Yea !! roots are the foundation of it ALL - check out Xtreme Gardening.com and get the sample pack great mychorriza, ect and tea's and Great White (plant Sucess)also Myco-Chum is a stand alone product from seed to finish

Yea !! roots are the foundation of it ALL - check out Xtreme Gardening.com and get the sample pack great mychorriza, ect and tea's and Great White (plant Sucess)also Myco-Chum is a stand alone product from seed to finish
Myco is great, but if you want great roots use Rapidstart from the beginning. It's a little expensive, but there is no doubt it works. I've used it in hydro, and dirt with great success. If you use this product I would put the plant in the largest pot you can fit in your space. This will allow the roots to really flourish and keep the roots from binding. I think I said earlier my closet pot is 25 gallons. It doesnt need to be, but those plants almost always does well

Myco is great, but if you want great roots use Rapidstart from the beginning. It's a little expensive, but there is no doubt it works. I've used it in hydro, and dirt with great success. If you use this product I would put the plant in the largest pot you can fit in your space. This will allow the roots to really flourish and keep the roots from binding. I think I said earlier my closet pot is 25 gallons. It doesnt need to be, but those plants almost always does well
RapidStart - will look into it - sure looks like it does works - Thanks ! (always looking to improve cultivation skills)

Just a note, but amazon has the book above (the encyclopedia by Jorge) for $42, with an instant coupon that takes $14 off to make it $28. Not a bad deal for such a book.

RapidStart - will look into it - sure looks like it does works - Thanks ! (always looking to improve cultivation skills)
If we are talking additives Rapidstart is great, but you need to look into Silica. Silica hardens cell walls, improves resistance to bugs and other pathogens, helps tolerate hot or cold environments, basically makes the whole plant tougher. It's the Rapidstart for above the roots I guess you could say. Read about it. It does a mess of things to improve your plant. I've used Armor Si from Gen Hydro, but it runs as high as 11Ph so you will need to fix that before adding it. I've used Facilitor from Aptus. It works amazing, the big plants had this in the system, but it's like $150 for 250ml if I remember right. For a first time user stick with Botanicares Silica Blast.
The next additive to check out is fulvic acid. This is a mild sauce that conditions and chelates nutrients so they are bioavailable to the plant. It also helps with a flush. I add this to Ph water and it helps move nutes I've used a few different kinds but the best is Fulpower from Bioag. If you cant find it Botanicares Fulvex works pretty good

If we are talking additives Rapidstart is great, but you need to look into Silica. Silica hardens cell walls, improves resistance to bugs and other pathogens, helps tolerate hot or cold environments, basically makes the whole plant tougher. It's the Rapidstart for above the roots I guess you could say. Read about it. It does a mess of things to improve your plant. I've used Armor Si from Gen Hydro, but it runs as high as 11Ph so you will need to fix that before adding it. I've used Facilitor from Aptus. It works amazing, the big plants had this in the system, but it's like $150 for 250ml if I remember right. For a first time user stick with Botanicares Silica Blast.
The next additive to check out is fulvic acid. This is a mild sauce that conditions and chelates nutrients so they are bioavailable to the plant. It also helps with a flush. I add this to Ph water and it helps move nutes I've used a few different kinds but the best is Fulpower from Bioag. If you cant find it Botanicares Fulvex works pretty good
used to use "silica" not anymore - but Botanicare does have good nutrients - Thanks again ! used to use advanced nutrients line (ph" perfect , ect) now Humbolts County Own - a very good line

used to use "silica" not anymore - but Botanicare does have good nutrients - Thanks again ! used to use advanced nutrients line (ph" perfect , ect) now Humbolts County Own - a very good line
What stopped you on the Silica?

Back
Top Bottom