Monster plant stretch

Michael Hunt

We have a single plant that was started from seed that is exactly 15 days into 12/12. She was showing pistils within 2 days of going to 12/12 and has been really taking off ever since. She’s a MONSTER of a plant with 67 visible bud sites above or around the canopy. Not counting any bud sites that haven't found their way through the forest yet.

My questions are about the amount of stretch we can anticipate and when it may finish stretching. She started shooting upwards 2 days into 12/12 when pistils started appearing at nearly every upper node. So about 13 days of solid stretching so far. At least an inch or more a day.
The root ball has seemed to slow down its growth in the last day or so (dwc). So we’re hoping the end of stretch is right around the corner. We only have an inch left until the light hits the filter. And about 8” from the light to the tops of the tallest 2 buds. Canopy temps are 74* and 52% hum. with the light on.

I keep reading there are about 2 to 3 weeks of stretch. Is this a good general rule? Do they grow vertically at all after stretching? Has anyone ever ran their filter in the bottom of their tent to gain those precious extra few inches of canopy space?

Fyi our tent is 3’x3’x6’
This pic is a few days old.
C4C8883B-437D-46A5-920D-E3B61E9B796E.jpeg

From this morning right after the light shut off.
64BE7BB6-35EE-4781-8C1C-E11E28E5B9A1.jpeg

@oldsmokey thanks! We’re doing our best to keep her happy. I was reading about super cropping but wasnt sure if she was too far along for that. Other than moving the filter we really don't have any other options.

@Weaselcracker i sure hope you’re right

She’s just at the point of settling. But if space is getting critical then supercropping is definitely an option. Maybe try it on a couple tallest limbs to get a feel for it.

@Weaselcracker We're gonna let her ride a few more days and see what happens. Changed the res last night and cut back on the gro ingredients significantly and replaced it with an equivalent ppm of bloom so hopefully she gets the hint.

@oldsmokey This makes me feel a lot better if the need arises, thanks! :passitleft:

@oldsmokey we may be in the clear after all.

@The Phantom thanks man! I’ll more than likely just keep this thread updated since i dont have a journal for this one.

Good news everybody! She appears to have stopped or at least significantly slowed down stretching. She must have heard us talking about her because when the light came on last night, she didn't look one bit taller than the day before!
5F01FDB9-48D2-42A1-A67D-6FE1689EA45F.jpeg
D52EFF05-5ADE-4C6B-B3C8-AF5FA6797178.jpeg
33665C3A-434D-494A-B7CF-338DD075A865.jpeg

@oldsmokey thanks! We’re doing our best to keep her happy. I was reading about super cropping but wasnt sure if she was too far along for that. Other than moving the filter we really don't have any other options.

@Weaselcracker i sure hope you’re right
When I ran a filter, I ended up putting it outside the tent, for the same reason :thumb:

Hey Smoky can you post a link on supercropping please ?

Back
Top Bottom