Moon Juice! A simple Cannabis infusion method

I'm not so good at navigating this site so I hope this is the appropriate way to ask a question about your moon juice recipe. Do you start with already dried herb?

Hello, I am TopCola and I would like to share with you my method for making Cannabis Coconut Oil or MoonJuice as I like to call it. I have been perfecting this method for years and I would love to hear feedback.

Step 1: pre-heat oven too 235F

Step 2: Grind a minimum of one quarter of cannabis. I prefer 20 grams of TopCola ;) Do not use stems or trim. Only high quality flower. You will see why later.

Step 3: Place ground cannabis in a wide mouth mason jar. Place tin foil on top. Fasten lid to mason jar. Leave the middle part of the mason jar off the tinfoil should cover the middle of the jar and allow air to escape. I used to poke a small pinhole in the tinfoil but later found this not necessary.

Step 4: Place mason jar into a large casserole dish. Put the lid of casserole dish on and place it in the oven. The casserole dish is to protect the cannabis from fluctuating temperatures in the oven. I also place cookie sheets on a separate rack between the oven coil and the bottom of the casserole dish. This further protects the cannabis from temperature fluctuations. If you have a convection oven, this works best as it keeps temperatures more uniform in the oven. Since I only have a bake function in my oven I take extra measure to protect the cannabis from the spike in temperature when the coil turns on.

Step 5: Decarb cannabis at 235F for 1.5-2 hours.

Step 6: Remove casserole dish from oven. Allow to cool until safe to touch.

Step 7: Add one cup of coconut oil. I find buying better quality makes a big difference in taste.

Step 8: Seal jar as done in steps 3 and 4 and put back in the oven at 235F. I used to raise the temperature when the oil was added. But I have now realized this does not improve the potency and may actually decrease potency.

Step 9: Cook cannabis and oil at 235F for minimum 2 hours. I prefer 4 hours.

Step 10: Remove from oven. Allow to cool. Once the oil has cooled enough to become thick again. Still it well to make a consistent mixture of oil and cannabis. Refrigerate.

Your done! You now have yourself some MoonJuice.

Take one teaspoon to reach the moon. Take one and a half teaspoons to make it to Jupiter. Take two teaspoons to reach Pluto.

I used to strain out the plant material and then when I was finished my oil after a few months I would eat the plant material (it works just as good as the oil). Now I leave the plant material in the oil and I have found that it is a lot more potent as well as make the process much easier. This is why I like to only use TopCola (high quality flower) for my MoonJuice. Also, this method produces almost zero smell making it good for my apartment. Sealing the jar and waiting for it to cool reduces the smell drastically. It's pretty much non-existent. I use a wide mouth jar because it makes it easy to scoop it out with a teaspoon. I like using a teaspoon because it is really simple. You could also add this to capsules but then you might as well call it moonpills!

Please be careful with dosing. Going to Pluto sounds fun, but for me it is scary and intense and best for a relaxing day away from others. Hovering in the clouds or staying close to the moon is much more to my liking. Also do not drive on MoonJuice! This can last anywhere from 3 to 10 hours. Be careful and start slow.

I look forward to your comments and feedback. Please feel free to ask me questions and I will certainly respond.

Cannabis has played a vital role in my life since age 12. I would not be where I am today without this plant. I hope one day it is accepted by the world for the wonderful plant it is.

TopCola! Thank you for this truly amazing recipe/technique. My first-ever attempt at Cannabis Coconut Oil. A stunning success! I got exactly what I wanted from a single dose (1/4 tsp). I've been to Pluto; nice place but no burning desire to return. I want the uplifting, inspiring, easy-to-function dose that motivates. I hit the bullseye. Probably beginner's luck but who cares? The experimentation is half the fun. I am over joyed.

I made 50 pills (that's a technique I need to refine), so Moonpills for me. I can report there was no odour, as you said. In fact, so absent was any fragrance, my partner asked why I had the oven on all day.

I've been 'off the radar' for 40 years and still live under prohibtion. No one but my partner knows I grow. Since joining the forum, I am exploring this wondrous new world of vaping, oil-making, etc. Mr. Toad's Wild Ride has got nothin' on me!

Thank you for sharing your technique.
Peace and contentment,
OTR

TopCola! Thank you for this truly amazing recipe/technique. My first-ever attempt at Cannabis Coconut Oil. A stunning success! I got exactly what I wanted from a single dose (1/4 tsp). I've been to Pluto; nice place but no burning desire to return. I want the uplifting, inspiring, easy-to-function dose that motivates. I hit the bullseye. Probably beginner's luck but who cares? The experimentation is half the fun. I am over joyed.

I made 50 pills (that's a technique I need to refine), so Moonpills for me. I can report there was no odour, as you said. In fact, so absent was any fragrance, my partner asked why I had the oven on all day.

I've been 'off the radar' for 40 years and still live under prohibtion. No one but my partner knows I grow. Since joining the forum, I am exploring this wondrous new world of vaping, oil-making, etc. Mr. Toad's Wild Ride has got nothin' on me!

Thank you for sharing your technique.
Peace and contentment,
OTR
Thanks for this. It makes me feel great that others have tried this method with success. It is really easy and fun to do! Good luck in your journeys :)

Back
Top Bottom