Moony Goes To Mars Hydro FC8000! Herbies - Mimosa X Orange Punch & 2 Auto Sponsored Run!

Update time!

The @Mars Hydro FC8000 is really doing its job well! I'm running at 25% (200watt) the girls are loving it. I have zero intake or outtake but the temps are staying a solid 24-25 humidity is solid 60-70%

Really happy with both the tent and FC8000 light. Thanks again @Mars Hydro for the wonderful light it's the best piece of grow equipment I've ever owned.

IMG_20220204_122106.jpg

All the girls are showing growth daily! They all have 2 full sets of true leaves and working on their third. I'll be topping after the 4th.

IMG_20220204_122120.jpg

All the Mimosa X Orange Punch are super healthy and Happy. I've started them on a small amount of nutrients now and they are responding well. The mimosa on the far right was planted 2 days later so is a little smaller :) she will soon catch up.
IMG_20220204_122142.jpg

Both of my autos are doing great. The Big Devil XL Auto is the biggest of all the plants, already living up to their XL name :) and the gorilla glue auto is doing great, she was also planted 2 days later like the single mimosa.

I'm going to be repotting the ladies in the next day or so.

The Mimosa X Orange Punch are going from 0.5L to 3L pots. They will be repotted into their final pots in 2-3 week.

Both autos are going into their final 7 gallon cloth pots. I bought some new ones with training holes! :)

Thanks Krissi! :) Not bad for 14 days old :)

Yeah I'm back once again with the ill behaviour hahah
No they look fabulous! That light is serving them well friend!!! :cheer::cheer:

Looking great in here Moony. I'm with you; I do not understand the whole soak in water and put in paper towel method. Put the seeds in the soil/plug, give it heat and moisture, and let it go!

Happy Growing.

Looking great in here Moony. I'm with you; I do not understand the whole soak in water and put in paper towel method. Put the seeds in the soil/plug, give it heat and moisture, and let it go!

Happy Growing.
Thanks LKA! It does seem alot easier to me lol. You have to sometimes help them a little as they start popping up. I may move a little medium away or slightly press the medium etc. Sometimes I'll remove the seed pod to help the first leafs just little bits but nothing too crazy. :) It seems to give them a headstart as their precious tap root isn't being jossled and can just grow as quick as it wants straight away.

Update time :) it's moving day!! Hehe.

I've moved the Mimosa X Orange Punch from 0.5L pots to 3L. Went well. The roots had reached the bottom and started to wrap round nicely :)

I put both the Big Devil XL Auto and Gorilla Glue Auto into their final 7gallon cloth pots.

I covered the hole with great White mychorizea and then stick the ladies in.

I gave all the girls about 200ml of water with 3ml Ionic soil bloom and 0.2g per litre of Epsom salts. Also 1ml of silicone in the full 10L mix. PH 6.2

I've also turned up the @Mars Hydro FC8000. It's now on around 35% (about 270watt total)

So here they are :)

IMG_20220205_142957.jpg
IMG_20220205_143007_1.jpg
IMG_20220205_143019.jpg
IMG_20220205_143134.jpg
IMG_20220205_143208.jpg

Thanks again to @Mars Hydro and @Herbies Seeds for making this run possible :)

Peace and love to all x

Update time :)

The girls have settled into their new home :) I've increased the power of the @Mars Hydro FC8000 to about 40%. Around 320 watts. They seem to be enjoying the light as much as I do hehe.

The fan I've put on them is doing its job too. I can see the trunk starting to thicken as it gets blown in the light breeze.

I just want to thank @Mars Hydro again for this wonderful light. I couldn't have ever owned something so magnificent and now I get to show what it and I can do.

Unfortunately I don't have an intake or outtake yet so I'm having to keep the tent open to try keep humidity a little lower. Still sitting at 70% not too bad :)

So without more delay here they are :)

IMG_20220207_150141.jpg
IMG_20220207_150128_1.jpg
IMG_20220207_150124_1.jpg
IMG_20220207_150116.jpg
IMG_20220207_150119.jpg

Thanks must go to @Herbies Seeds as well for making all my runs possible by providing the best strains for me to show everyone :) I have amazing success rate and the results in seeing is insanely good.

Happy Monday to everyone too! :)

Hey Moony! You're VPD is sitting pretty there in the 70s and just under 25°C. The little babies LOVE 70-80%! You can keep RH from mid 60s to high 70s in veg with great results at those temps.

Excited to see this light explode later in flower man. Hey, get yourself used to measuring for PPFD or even Lux if you can. I think it will be one less variable of guessing if the wattage is too much or too little.

Get the Photone app for your phone and start using it! May need to be calibrated at first but it is an easy tool to incorporate and stop guessing. Get some actual light data. It has helped me. Blessings dude.

Hey Moony! You're VPD is sitting pretty there in the 70s and just under 25°C. The little babies LOVE 70-80%! You can keep RH from mid 60s to high 70s in veg with great results at those temps.
Yeah they are sitting pretty. Unfortunately I do have a lot of light being beamed into the room though which isn't ideal. Lol
Excited to see this light explode later in flower man. Hey, get yourself used to measuring for PPFD or even Lux if you can. I think it will be one less variable of guessing if the wattage is too much or too little.

Get the Photone app for your phone and start using it! May need to be calibrated at first but it is an easy tool to incorporate and stop guessing. Get some actual light data. It has helped me. Blessings dude.
I've been looking at getting a proper meter. But honestly the data is already there online for such a well known light. I can get par measurements at multiple levels in 4x4 and 5x5 for free :).

Once I've finished this run I'll be clued in on what they can handle. Obviously some strains can handle more than others though so I'll still be checking the leaves for any signs of stress. Depending on how tall the plants grow I may not be able to use the light at 100% lol. We shall see :)

Unfortunately I do have a lot of light being beamed into the room though which isn't ideal.
? I don't know what this means. As in the light in the tent is too much and not ideal? Or leaving the doors open and letting stray light in?

I would agree with the latter and close it up. Open up ports instead for passive ventilation. You have the driver setup on the outside of the tent right? I cant remember. But that will help keep temps low.
But honestly the data is already there online for such a well known light.
Understood. I agree that the manufacturer PPFD charts are useful to calculate/regulate generic output. I'm talking about real-time data of your space and at the canopy level. That is what matters!

If I can drop my light to 12 inches above the canopy and have my dimmer set to say 15% output; I can still give them the right amount of light! I'm saving loads of energy by doing this. Over time those savings add up to a lot of $$$ in my pocket. Why push 320 watts when you can push less than 100 watts and get the same results? I think you're being wasteful honestly.

It can be annoying having the light so low at times but you'll get better internodal growth from start to finish. You can control their height with proper PPFD too. Just thought I'd share in case you wanted to give it a try. Oh...and a proper meter can be free too.

? I don't know what this means. As in the light in the tent is too much and not ideal? Or leaving the doors open and letting stray light in?

I would agree with the latter and close it up. Open up ports instead for passive ventilation. You have the driver setup on the outside of the tent right? I cant remember. But that will help keep temps low.
Yep it's outside. The vents on the tent actually let light out too. It's more of a problem as I like to be able to open the window and curtains at night to let fresh air in. I don't have a sealed window just a blind and curtains.
Understood. I agree that the manufacturer PPFD charts are useful to calculate/regulate generic output. I'm talking about real-time data of your space and at the canopy level. That is what matters!

If I can drop my light to 12 inches above the canopy and have my dimmer set to say 15% output; I can still give them the right amount of light! I'm saving loads of energy by doing this. Over time those savings add up to a lot of $$$ in my pocket. Why push 320 watts when you can push less than 100 watts and get the same results? I think you're being wasteful honestly.

It can be annoying having the light so low at times but you'll get better internodal growth from start to finish. You can control their height with proper PPFD too. Just thought I'd share in case you wanted to give it a try. Oh...and a proper meter can be free too.
Hehe I love the idea of saving money but I think that ship has sailed. My dehumidifier is 900 watt. I have 2 600 watt HPS and 450 watt in LEDs in my flowering tents. I have 8 fans at around 20w each. I have 2 extractors at 150 watt total. I'm using £300 a month just electric. ($450 ISH)

One thing I wanted to do with this light is try get it on 100% I wanna get maximum penetration and have the biggest yield I've ever had. :)

You could use a windmill generator lol
Hahah I wish I had one. Would be great but they take like 5 years to break even lol. And that's without maintenance etc. I actually live on a hillside so would be ideal though!

It's more of a problem as I like to be able to open the window and curtains at night to let fresh air in. I don't have a sealed window just a blind and curtains.
Hey, do you have the circular ports? If you do, add some ducting and bend it. Add some filtration to keep dust and bugs out and viola, passive air ventilation. I'd add a small USB style fan on the intake to draw more fresh air in. You probably don't even need something to push air put honestly. With opening the tent just once a day to check on them would recycle them enough for now. In a couple months...whole different story. LOL

Hehe I love the idea of saving money but I think that ship has sailed.
I'm using £300 a month just electric. ($450 ISH)
So if you could bring that down to $449, you wouldn't bother? Personally, I think the power companies are a bunch of ruthless and greedy pieces of...

I'll do everything I can to assure they don't get more than is needed from me. One more $ or # (can't find the squiggly L thingy on my keyboard) in my pocket, is one less for them. ALWAYS try and save energy and money dude! Just my 2 cents. Lol

Back
Top Bottom