More effective CO2 producer

So the co2 just oozes out or does it actually spray?? LOL this has to be the dumbest question ever!

Sorry!

:bong:

Also the co2 is just for the flowering stage?

i dont know, cos I cant see it... but I would imagine it just falls out seein as it is heavier than air...yes used primarily in flower, but as I cant tell the yeast to stop producing for 12 hours, then I just put the bottles in the veg room when the lights go out in flower.:ganjamon:
:peacetwo::peacetwo:bp

Medijuana - DIY Cabinet, Perpetual Grow, Airpots, Soil w/LST

If you have an intake/exhaust system in your box that is recirculating air, is the co2 system necessary?

I was speaking to a guy at my local hydro store and he was saying that if I had a good exhaust system the co2 would be wasted and not have an affect.

Got my air pots and fox farms yesterday. I'm still trying to figure out the hinges on the door to my box. It's a special application and I'll post pictures after I finish it.

Thanks!

If you have an intake/exhaust system in your box that is recirculating air, is the co2 system necessary?

I was speaking to a guy at my local hydro store and he was saying that if I had a good exhaust system the co2 would be wasted and not have an affect.

Got my air pots and fox farms yesterday. I'm still trying to figure out the hinges on the door to my box. It's a special application and I'll post pictures after I finish it.

Thanks!

I turn off my exhaust fan at intervals to allow CO2 levels to rise...lookin fwd to seein your grow...:yummy:
:peacetwo:bp

I turn off my exhaust fan at intervals to allow CO2 levels to rise...lookin fwd to seein your grow...:yummy:

Awesome..I thought about that as well..

My exhaust system will be connected to a thermal fan controller and will kick on when the temps get high. That will draw air in from outside, my garage, and suck it through a carbon filter then out of the box.

I've decided to go MH/HPS 250w and have an exhaust system designed for that as well. Passive intake and a computer fan to suck air through to keep it cool. I'll be able to get it closer to the plants.

I'll insulate the box too...so many plans..so little time!

Thanks for your help bass (+ reps)...I'll have my box done here in a few days maybe a week and I'll post pics for the design to share. It will be cool..I can feel it! lol

:rollit:

Awesome..I thought about that as well..

My exhaust system will be connected to a thermal fan controller and will kick on when the temps get high. That will draw air in from outside, my garage, and suck it through a carbon filter then out of the box.

I've decided to go MH/HPS 250w and have an exhaust system designed for that as well. Passive intake and a computer fan to suck air through to keep it cool. I'll be able to get it closer to the plants.

I'll insulate the box too...so many plans..so little time!

Thanks for your help bass (+ reps)...I'll have my box done here in a few days maybe a week and I'll post pics for the design to share. It will be cool..I can feel it! lol

:rollit:

Thanks for the reps giantsfan...:thumb: hows it going with your box?
Medijuana - DIY Cabinet, Perpetual Grow, Airpots, Soil w/LST

I'm very close to being done, thanks for asking.

I just got off the phone with a computer fan supply store who essentially designed my ventilation system for $133!

Very excited. I ordered my hid system over the weekend and will be testing out temps and such without my grow going on to make sure I can control temps.

Thanks to your fine tutelage, I bought my air pots last week along with my fox farms soil, both ocean whatever it is and light warrior or something like that..70/30 mix as has been recommended everywhere.

I'd like to replicate your results as closely as I can. I know the box will do it's job, now I have to do mine...

Did you have any pest issues? Spider mites or anything like that? Trying to prepare for that inevitability..

I was also thinking of going T5 HO for vegging then utilizing hps for flowering..your thoughts?

You're my hero buddy!

:thanks:

correction it was two packages each weighing a pound for 7 dollars (for both).

another reason this is more efficient than a plastic water bottle is the volume involved.

sugar can dissolve in water at a 1:1 ratio --- 1 cup sugar dissovles in 1 cup water.

so what you do is put a gallon of water in the carboy with 2 cups of sugar and 2 teaspoons of yeast.

sugar is the limiting reagent --- meaning the yeast will continue to reproduce and create co2 as long as there is a sugar source. so every two weeks or so you add another two cups of sugar and let the fermentation continue. you shouldnt have to add more yeast until you supersaturate the water with sugar and have to empty and start over.

Does it have to be a gallon of water? I have 1 gallon jugs I want to use, can I do 3/4 gallon water and 2 cups sugar/teaspoons yeast? I want the formula to work well, just wondering.

I use homebrew Co2 generators myself. I was looking into getting the airlock because it just looks cleaner and takes up less space than the two bottles with airline hooked up. I have two 1 liter Co2 generators in my flower room and one in my veg room pumping out Co2 all day every day. I have a good exhaust system but I put the Co2 bottles on the ground under the canopy of my SoG so even if my exhaust sucks the Co2 out it still has to pull all the Co2 though all my plants canopy to the exhaust port.

Does it have to be a gallon of water? I have 1 gallon jugs I want to use, can I do 3/4 gallon water and 2 cups sugar/teaspoons yeast? I want the formula to work well, just wondering.

yes that would work. the bubbles in the airlock should start showing in about 1-3 hours after putting everything together. then they should last a good month at least. once the bubbles start to slow in frequency just add some more sugar and the process should regain its vigor.

more yeast and more sugar = more c02?

3 gallon jug
0117111730.jpg

no not necessarily.

less yeast and more sugar = longer life and same co2.

the yeast multiplies based on how much sugar is available. so if you put in a tablespoon of yeast in that size container it will produce about the same amount of co2 as 5 tablespoons but last a lot longer. once the co2 bubbles slow or stop i think you can just add more sugar and the process will kick start again.

if you put 5 table spoons of yeast in the same container with equal amounts of sugar the yeast will consume the sugar much faster and the process will stop much sooner than if less yeast were put in.

no not necessarily.

less yeast and more sugar = longer life and same co2.

the yeast multiplies based on how much sugar is available. so if you put in a tablespoon of yeast in that size container it will produce about the same amount of co2 as 5 tablespoons but last a lot longer. once the co2 bubbles slow or stop i think you can just add more sugar and the process will kick start again.

if you put 5 table spoons of yeast in the same container with equal amounts of sugar the yeast will consume the sugar much faster and the process will stop much sooner than if less yeast were put in.

googlefu;

"The amount of yeast and sugar will determine the rate and duration of CO2 generation. More yeast will result in stronger CO2 production, but will exhaust the sugar quicker."

I just want more c02, TTL doesn't matter when refreshing the jug is a 2$ bag of sugar and/or a bit of yeast. ;)

Do you just leave the bottle in there all the time even at lights out when the fans are off too? I have read mixed answers as to if the plant can even use co2 at night?? Also what temps are you running your rooms at? any change in humidity as well?

Do you just leave the bottle in there all the time even at lights out when the fans are off too? I have read mixed answers as to if the plant can even use co2 at night?? Also what temps are you running your rooms at? any change in humidity as well?

yes, in my case the tube feeding c02 above the canopy is secured and I'd rather not hassle every night moving it, she can't use c02 at night, but i like to think it gives her a big breath of it right upon waking.
the room during day is 5-10 degrees cooler than outside temps (65-75 inside) decent humidity during the day, I don't notice any difference between humidity with or without the jug, always humid at night.

Back
Top Bottom