More of a question, if anyone can help

Also I’m starting week 7 today and she’s still not like fully fattening up idk if it’s just cause I see her like every minute of the day but I don’t think she’s gained that much. Photo below

59A9D755-6EB5-451C-BBD9-397ECAB26176.jpeg

Ok few things.... first don’t smoke that, that shit will kill you... However I’m licensed bud certification expert, send it to me for closer inspection. If it checks out as ok then I will destroy all the evidence in a series of small fires. :cheesygrinsmiley: :slide:

Your buds look great, really frosty! But sadly they don’t pack on what you want, they only ever pack on what they are capable of genetically and based on your skill as a grower.

Kidding of course - hope that sample works out good for ya!

Ok few things.... first don’t smoke that, that shit will kill you... However I’m licensed bud certification expert, send it to me for closer inspection. If it checks out as ok then I will destroy all the evidence in a series of small fires. :cheesygrinsmiley: :slide:

Your buds look great, really frosty! But sadly they don’t pack on what you want, they only ever pack on what they are capable of genetically and based on your skill as a grower.

Kidding of course - hope that sample works out good for ya!
Jesus Christ you had me in the first bit hahaha, and yeah she’s still got probably 2-3 weeks left according to the breeders guide but stil li hope she swells a lil more.

sorry about that! Most breeder estimates are rather optimistic and point to the early side of harvest window. Loupe or pocket microscope helps for checking trich colors or phone app called magnifyer. Also try low and slow curing!
Yeah I plan on having a really slow cure but don’t really know how to prolong it. I live near the water pretty much 30metres away from the largest sea in the ocean so humidity is a big problem for me, can’t really change it that much other than 20% at the best and it’s usually around 70-80. Idek wtf to say now I’m too high

mars is having issues sourcing chipsets. they also have a history of swapping or using lesser chipsets in various fixtures from time to time. most discount mfgrs will at some point or other. make sure you know what you are getting before pulling the trigger. go through the @Mars Hydro rep on the board if you do.

@Budget LED has a great rep here and has a seriously advanced set of fixtures. they are most often compared to a high brand mfgr but are half or less in asking price. they are serious bizness. well worth a recommend. the owner still answers questions and gives advice personally. can be a buy once proposition.

also @NextLight is getting more and more board buzz all the time. bit pricey for most but have solid, solid fixtures. they are a high brand mfgr and a buy once cry once. get the one sized for your space and you won't look back. you might think about upgrades with other brands over time.

i like the build architecture behind the new @PhotonTek Lighting stuff too. they have an expandable system that may interest you. i'm not as familiar with them however.
Hi there Bluter.

Thanks for your interest in Photontek.

We suggest you discover more about our products here: PHOTONTEK lighting | LED lighting | LED grow lights | LED Fixtures | LED

Also, we are open to answer specific questions. Feel free to shoot some.

Happy Growing. :)

If anyone would be able to advise me on what to do as I’m starting to see yellow tips on the leaves, I’m a few days into week 7 but she still looks like she’s growing, I see a lot of cases of nute burn (brown patches in leaves) so should I lay off on the nutes for a week or continue since she’s so late in flower?

thanks

If anyone would be able to advise me on what to do as I’m starting to see yellow tips on the leaves, I’m a few days into week 7 but she still looks like she’s growing, I see a lot of cases of nute burn (brown patches in leaves) so should I lay off on the nutes for a week or continue since she’s so late in flower?
thanks
Lets see some pictures of all this damage before you do something silly like laying off nutes for a week. Burned leaf tips are actually desirable, contrary to what some internet gurus will tell you. Brown patches in the leaves are rarely caused by too many nutes... it is usually a deficiency instead that the plant is trying to mitigate by draining the storehouses it has developed in the leaves.

Lets see some pictures of all this damage before you do something silly like laying off nutes for a week. Burned leaf tips are actually desirable, contrary to what some internet gurus will tell you. Brown patches in the leaves are rarely caused by too many nutes... it is usually a deficiency instead that the plant is trying to mitigate by draining the storehouses it has developed in the leaves.
This is them just now that’s the worst case ones I can see, it’s sorta going to the edges too. If it helps I made my own bloom food using banana and I stopped feeding nitrogen.

image.jpg

image.jpg

I dont think I see a problem... just normal well fed plants who are at the limit of what they want to uptake and are perfectly happy about it.
Fantastic, thank u, I’ll keep an eye on them though I don’t want all the leaves to go yellow as I’ve not started flushing her yet

Fantastic, thank u, I’ll keep an eye on them though I don’t want all the leaves to go yellow as I’ve not started flushing her yet
ask yourself... self? does a plant out in the wild or an organically grown plant with all the nutrients built into the soil, get flushed? Growers in the 1960's used to think that you needed to starve your plants at the end to rid the plant of nutrient tastes and somehow make the starving plants better. Today, in the 21st century, we know better. Feed your plants right up to the end. If this causes a salt lockout near the end, flush THE SOIL by running 3x the container size of fresh water through it on a regular watering day, and the salt lockout will be gone.

ask yourself... self? does a plant out in the wild or an organically grown plant with all the nutrients built into the soil, get flushed? Growers in the 1960's used to think that you needed to starve your plants at the end to rid the plant of nutrient tastes and somehow make the starving plants better. Today, in the 21st century, we know better. Feed your plants right up to the end. If this causes a salt lockout near the end, flush THE SOIL by running 3x the container size of fresh water through it on a regular watering day, and the salt lockout will be gone.
Deadass I’ve always wondered myself like I’m pretty sure she’s taking up the MOST nutes at the end of flowering so I don’t see why the trend is to flush, youve convinced me that it’s okay so I ain’t flushing lol. How do I know if I have a salt lockout ?

Deadass I’ve always wondered myself like I’m pretty sure she’s taking up the MOST nutes at the end of flowering so I don’t see why the trend is to flush, youve convinced me that it’s okay so I ain’t flushing lol. How do I know if I have a salt lockout ?
if you start seeing unexplained leaf damage but you know good and well you are giving those nutes at the proper pH, and you have been giving salt based nutes heavily for a while, you probably have a salt lockout. It is very common actually and before all this nonsense about starving the plants at the end started to be called "flushing", some of the most common advice you would see on the online forums was to flush the soil, get rid of anything left over in there that might be causing problems, and then start over with good nutes. These days, you rarely hear that advice, because everyone seems to think that the meaning and need for flushing has changed.

incorporate a water side in to your feed schedule. every third or fourth feeding, use just ph'd water and maybe cal mag only, if on RO. it helps keep salt based issues and a few others from occurring. can also run any amendments on the water side as well.

when i used bottle nutes i ran a f/f/w or a f/f/f/w schedule. both are super common schedules.

incorporate a water side in to your feed schedule. every third or fourth feeding, use just ph'd water and maybe cal mag only, if on RO. it helps keep salt based issues and a few others from occurring. can also run any amendments on the water side as well.

when i used bottle nutes i ran a f/f/w or a f/f/f/w schedule. both are super common schedules.
I only really use nutes every 1-3 times I water. I’m in soil and I think that’s how you do it I know that coco coir you need to feed every time, and I’ve not used calmag this entire grow (yet I have some) I didn’t wanna add a lot of nutes and she has been growing good even though no cal, the soil I use do have pre some dry nutes but it’s a small amount and she’s probably uptake’d all of it, as for water I use tap water. Also what is a water slide?

I only really use nutes every 1-3 times I water. I’m in soil and I think that’s how you do it

you should not have build up issues then.
most growers feed more often but only feed at half or even 1/4 strength of the bottle chart. there a few different approaches.

everything looks good so keep at the way you are comfortable.

.Also what is a water slide?

it's great fun. lol :cheesygrinsmiley:

water side just means you a incorporate a straight water with no nutes in to your feed schedule.

you should not have build up issues then.
most growers feed more often but only feed at half or even 1/4 strength of the bottle chart. there a few different approaches.

everything looks good so keep at the way you are comfortable.

it's great fun. lol :cheesygrinsmiley:

water side just means you a incorporate a straight water with no nutes in to your feed schedule.
Okay I see, I’ve always done that anyway so hopefully no salt build up is there, I hope. She’s looking good I think she’s starting to bulk out a lil bit now.

23A4F1CA-204D-4943-9BD8-5D61C460E7F6.jpeg

Okay I see, I’ve always done that anyway so hopefully no salt build up is there, I hope. She’s looking good I think she’s starting to bulk out a lil bit now.

23A4F1CA-204D-4943-9BD8-5D61C460E7F6.jpeg

for a cfl grow you are absolutely kickin it

for a cfl grow you are absolutely kickin it
Ty, only issue is those yellow leaves only the tips but I can kinda see that it’s spreading down, I mean I can’t really do anything I’ll just need to ride it out, probably another 2-3 weeks till harvest, what’s the best way to indicate when to harvest without a loupe or usb micro?

Back
Top Bottom