Morglie's Perpetual: New Space & New Strains

It's been two weeks since I've been out to look at them. The outdoor girls are coming along nicely.

I need to scrub out the wash buckets. The big purple Malawi in flower is coming down this morning. Along with the three seed makers I have going. Possibly snow moon as well. I need to take a closer look with the loop, once I get in there.

Looka them:yummy:

They are big. Keep them happy! keep them green! Super happy for ya!
Rock on!
They are getting big. The taller one is 7ft. I'm kind of wondering how big they'll get as the ones indoors have doubled during stretch. I'm considering trimming them down to around 4ft. It will let them pump more energy into less buds. They've got to have a pretty good root system in place for the size they are.

The Malawi shrubbery I've been growing got cut this morning. She was a mess of tops. I just kept trimming her to the height I wanted and let her build roots and tops. Even with all those tops, she fattened up nicely. I'm quite happy. I filed my drying box up and I still had more branches I couldn't fit. They are hanging in my veg room at the moment and will be getting turned into cobs tomorrow. :slide:

This is the best I've grown her out. Even with a light leak I didn't discover for 2 weeks and a minor mite infestation, she really beefed up and came through with flying colors. A very deep purple to be exact. :yummy:

The seed makers I pollinated with the Malawi leaning PM x UD all got cut as well. I took a couple pics of the Malawi. Same cut as the big one.

She got put into a 1 gallon bucket halfway through flower because I was having to water her every other day and I didn't want her so stressed. When I rubbed away the outside soil which was nicely filled with roots, I found this.

If it was round I could have bounced it like a basketball.

A seed from the Carnival that got pollinated at the same time found it's way into a cup of water as well. I've been really enjoying the Carnival I grew and I'm wondering how the cross will be. I failed to keep a clone of her going...... Yes, I've been kicking myself on that one.

Very nice harvest! IS that 2 plants ??? Which one had the seeds? So you have F2 PMxUDs, now? Sweet! I am pretty sure My first indoor grow of the fall will be the PMUD.

They look great. What do you look for in the smell? Sometimes all I smell is a green (like tomato plants) smell.

Thank you. There was a great big plant in a 17 gallon and another one in a 1 gallon that I was back crossing the PM x UD to.

I should get a couple hundred seeds off the little one and the big girl, I'm guessing is 6-7 zips maybe more. She's my highest yielding plant I've grown. I always try to push her until she doesn't have any new pistols and she really swelled up this time.

I'm still working on the F2s. I have two possible females picked out. I'm waiting until I smoke them before I decide. There should be plenty of F2s once I decide which to use.

On the smells, sometimes all you get is that green smell. The one I backcrossed to the mother smelled a lot like the mother, which was a large part of why I picked him. The one I'm making F2s with has the strongest scent, kind of fuel smelling. The female is similar but I'm detecting some floral in the undertones.

Basically I'm looking for the strongest and most interesting smells.

That'll be awesome to see you grow out some PmUd. They seem to be pretty vigorous plants. I hear how potent UD is, but I can't think the Malawi is going to tame it in any regard. If anything it should amp up the buzz. If I'm thinking right, Con has mentioned that UD finishes in 6 weeks. Does that seem right? The PmUd may finish in as little as 7-8 weeks!

6-8 weeks indoor depending on the genotype. This really looks like a killer cross!

Keep track of flowering time. For sure you're gonna find short flowering genotypes leaning on the UD side and longer flowering ones leaning on Malawi side. I actually wanted to cross both myself as they seemed like a complementing pair and you beat me to it :)

Keep track of flowering time. For sure you're gonna find short flowering genotypes leaning on the UD side and longer flowering ones leaning on Malawi side. I actually wanted to cross both myself as they seemed like a complementing pair and you beat me to it :)
I've been thinking about this cross ever since I saw the Punta Rosa x UD cross you made that Toast was growing. There's some serious F1 vigor going with that cross.

Nice cobs Morglie! I like how you used the water bath to maintain temp. What did you use to heat the water?
I used a small plastic storage container about shoebox sized filled about halfway with water. I sat it on a seed mat but the water only got to 90, so I laid a second one upside down on top and it got it to a steady 103. It worked beautifully. Unfortunately it was in the room that my veg and then flower are nested off of. It raised the room about 4 degrees which bumped my veg room up that much as well, but it was only for a day so not much of an issue.

I'm excited to try these out! It's a month in before they are ready for any testing, correct?

Back
Top Bottom