Morglie's Perpetual: New Space & New Strains

It really surprises me how differently certain plants perform from seed plant to clone. I had a FPOGxWedding Cake that I ran and because of how badly it hermied on the seed run I decided to not run it again after the second round (first clone). Well that clone did not throw a single banana. It was subjected to all the same stressors as the seed plant. Ran in near identical conditions. If I had known it was going to not hermie as a clone I would have kept it around. Much nicer than the Wedding Cake on its own. Unfortunately I only got two seeds in a trade and the first one died.

It really surprises me how differently certain plants perform from seed plant to clone. I had a FPOGxWedding Cake that I ran and because of how badly it hermied on the seed run I decided to not run it again after the second round (first clone). Well that clone did not throw a single banana. It was subjected to all the same stressors as the seed plant. Ran in near identical conditions. If I had known it was going to not hermie as a clone I would have kept it around. Much nicer than the Wedding Cake on its own. Unfortunately I only got two seeds in a trade and the first one died.
They evolve as they acclimate to the environment. My environment has steadily gotten better. It should be interesting to see how the newly added lights affects things. When I was trimming up my latest run of Malawi today, it seemed like there was a lot more inner growth then normal. Hopefully this upgrade helps beef up my plants.

They evolve as they acclimate to the environment. My environment has steadily gotten better. It should be interesting to see how the newly added lights affects things. When I was trimming up my latest run of Malawi today, it seemed like there was a lot more inner growth then normal. Hopefully this upgrade helps beef up my plants.
When I switched over to QBs I got much nicer buds all around. I had lowers that were denser on some plants than the tops of plants I had run under other lights. I also get that plants evolve to their environment but usually if I have something hermie on me from seed it does so again in clone form that is why I dropped the FPOGxWC so quickly. I did not want to get to a point where I was forced to fill a gap with a third hermie plant due to not having anything else ready. The vigor on that strain was very nice.

When I switched over to QBs I got much nicer buds all around. I had lowers that were denser on some plants than the tops of plants I had run under other lights. I also get that plants evolve to their environment but usually if I have something hermie on me from seed it does so again in clone form that is why I dropped the FPOGxWC so quickly. I did not want to get to a point where I was forced to fill a gap with a third hermie plant due to not having anything else ready. The vigor on that strain was very nice.
True. I normally will ditch a cut if I see any nanners. Unless it's a couple of sterile ones right at the very end of flower.

I normally keep extras going so I don't end up with empty spots. Mostly I run regs and I tend to drop twice what I want with the expectation that I'll have males to cull.

And then sometimes I'll end up with extra. I've got 3 Ultra Dawg females going in veg. None of them are OG phenos either! I did get a male, which is getting put to use as well.

I took both with me. The Killer A5 was the bigger hit of the two. The Kali China cross is a nice lime flavored sativa, but it didn't seem like anything special to me. I dropped it from the line up after a couple of runs. It really bulked up the first time, but subsequent runs it never reflowered and ended up being a low yielder.
Good to know. I'll drop that one down the list then.

Good to know. I'll drop that one down the list then.
Truthfully everyone has been raving about the A5 crosses and while they're nice, they don't seem like anything special to me besides the chunkiness and bush like nature of the Killer. I'll take Taipan or Zamal Bliss any day over them.

So I may be biased, but I know the two of us seem to have similar tastes in cannabis. If you want a energizing over the top sativa, try out a Purple Dawg. I feel it starting to kick in before I exhale my first toke.

Truthfully everyone has been raving about the A5 crosses and while they're nice, they don't seem like anything special to me besides the chunkiness and bush like nature of the Killer. I'll take Taipan or Zamal Bliss any day over them.

So I may be biased, but I know the two of us seem to have similar tastes in cannabis. If you want a energizing over the top sativa, try out a Purple Dawg. I feel it starting to kick in before I exhale my first toke.
I love me some instahigh

I feel like I'm really the only one that loves the sativas. I have people who won't complain about them but they don't often ask for them. I didn't let any of the thai pan out though so maybe it would be different with that. Most people want the hybrids and indica dominate strains. Since it's winter now I'll focus more on those kind of strains since they handle 40% RH better than the sativas. I do want to do a purple dog but I'm afraid I'll be the only one who likes it. I smoke so little and usually in the evening that I don't get through the sativa jars very fast. I still love to grow them though. I plan on doing the Mulanje and her crosses and hopefully some of Lerugged's Durban for this summer.

I feel like I'm really the only one that loves the sativas. I have people who won't complain about them but they don't often ask for them. I didn't let any of the thai pan out though so maybe it would be different with that. Most people want the hybrids and indica dominate strains. Since it's winter now I'll focus more on those kind of strains since they handle 40% RH better than the sativas. I do want to do a purple dog but I'm afraid I'll be the only one who likes it. I smoke so little and usually in the evening that I don't get through the sativa jars very fast. I still love to grow them though. I plan on doing the Mulanje and her crosses and hopefully some of Lerugged's Durban for this summer.
From what I can tell, the main reason people want the indicas, is because they like the strong dank flavor. That, and some of the sativas can be too clear headed for people, to the point where they don't realize they are high. They are wanting something more akin to the buzz they get with alcohol.

People enjoy the sativas I grow, but I do get the most requests for the Bubba Hash. Everyone loves the Bubba Hash. I've got over of the Bubba Hash x Mulanje in veg. I'll have to snap some pictures of it. It's about a month from flip. Nice manageable plant with fat leaves.

I've got a friend that has gotten some of my Purple Dawg for a friend of his that has Parkinson's. He was barely able to get up and around and now he's been out doing yardwork. He just takes a puff every couple of hours.

Durban will be nice to grow. I've got a few seeds I got from someone on the forums that I'm planning on popping after I have the Lambnesia wrapped up. But the progeny of little sticky would be nice to grow out.

The problem with some sativas is that you have to take a day off to smoke them :)

The problem with some sativas is that you have to take a day off to smoke them :)
That....and I hear people say a lot that it gets them too inside their head, and they just want to relax. Wind down after a long day and not have intensity. The only person I know that loves the Sativas and is always seeking them plays a lot of sports....he tells me they help his performance a lot.

After thinking about it I pretty much feel the same. I don't tend to smoke Sativas during the week cause I need to wind down, rest my muscles, and sleep. The weekends are more of my Sativa time. Waking up and not having to go into work I can get that energetic rush and do house chores, work in the garden, go out and run errands etc.....

I also have issues with hybrids that are too 50/50....I like them to lean more in one direction.

I'd smoke sativa day or night but then it doesn't affect me the same way it may affect someone else . Really useful for ADD too. Go figure.... I guess everyone has different preferences.
I can smoke them anytime as well. The only strain that ever kept me from sleeping was a Vietnam Black pheno of snow moon (indica) from ACE. It had some of the skinniest leaves I've ever had. It was like an energy shot for a couple of hours. If it's my bedtime I can sleep on the purest of sativas without any issue. It seems to effect me differently than most.

I'd smoke sativa day or night but then it doesn't affect me the same way it may affect someone else . Really useful for ADD too. Go figure.... I guess everyone has different preferences.
If we are talking medical it isn't a preference! :rofl:

Recreationally I prefer Sativas....my medical needs are Indica. I can not sleep at night without melatonin, bong hits, sleeping pills, alcohol, boring tv/movies...etc

I can and have gone weeks at a time with less than 4 hours per night and once that ball starts rolling it just gets harder to sleep. Big bong rips before bedtime saves my life. I do have light sensitivity issues that I know of and the winter months are definitely rough. Having full spectrum lights in the house help a lot as well.

I don't need a day off. Pure sativa is what I smoke when I get off and it's normally all sativas until around 8 then I'll switch to a hybrid or indica.
That....and I hear people say a lot that it gets them too inside their head, and they just want to relax. Wind down after a long day and not have intensity. The only person I know that loves the Sativas and is always seeking them plays a lot of sports....he tells me they help his performance a lot.

After thinking about it I pretty much feel the same. I don't tend to smoke Sativas during the week cause I need to wind down, rest my muscles, and sleep. The weekends are more of my Sativa time. Waking up and not having to go into work I can get that energetic rush and do house chores, work in the garden, go out and run errands etc.....

I also have issues with hybrids that are too 50/50....I like them to lean more in one direction.
There are plenty of sativas that don't get racey. For example ThaiPan is a lovely floating high. There's no speed type effects from it. Great to smoke and chill if you want, or get up and do stuff if you want.
I can smoke them anytime as well. The only strain that ever kept me from sleeping was a Vietnam Black pheno of snow moon (indica) from ACE. It had some of the skinniest leaves I've ever had. It was like an energy shot for a couple of hours. If it's my bedtime I can sleep on the purest of sativas without any issue. It seems to effect me differently than most.
I find that certain sativas and definitely my bubble hash doesn't work if I want to sleep.

Over all, I think I get better sleep if my buzz is wearing off when I fall asleep.
If we are talking medical it isn't a preference! :rofl:

Recreationally I prefer Sativas....my medical needs are Indica. I can not sleep at night without melatonin, bong hits, sleeping pills, alcohol, boring tv/movies...etc

I can and have gone weeks at a time with less than 4 hours per night and once that ball starts rolling it just gets harder to sleep. Big bong rips before bedtime saves my life. I do have light sensitivity issues that I know of and the winter months are definitely rough. Having full spectrum lights in the house help a lot as well.
I have a 2:1 cbd ratio indica that helps with falling asleep. Not having a buzz turns into a better night sleep for me though. Alcohol helps in falling asleep, but the rest isn't nearly as good for me.

Those 4 hours a night sleeps really add up. I turn into an angry person when I don't get enough sleep.

There are plenty of sativas that don't get racey. For example ThaiPan is a lovely floating high. There's no speed type effects from it. Great to smoke and chill if you want, or get up and do stuff if you want.

Absolutely, when I first read through the Ace catalogue I was surprised by that. I ordered the Nepal Jam and @neikodog recommended the Thai chi as a similar....I am definitely headed to explore these things when I get a chance. I kinda wish I picked the Nepal Jam for this current run I am finishing, but I will get around to it eventually.

I have a 2:1 cbd ratio indica that helps with falling asleep. Not having a buzz turns into a better night sleep for me though. Alcohol helps in falling asleep, but the rest isn't nearly as good for me.

Those 4 hours a night sleeps really add up. I turn into an angry person when I don't get enough sleep.
I used to have a couple drinks before bed every night and want to avoid daily drinking patterns. When I am having a really hard time I will have a couple glasses of whiskey or something....but it isn't ideal. Luckily a wide variety of cannabis works fairly well for me, so I don't need anything too particular. I will search out something special for bedtime.

I love the Pacific Northwest....lived there for a decade, but I really can't handle the low light well. I could manage with using dawn simulators and that kind of stuff....but it was a huge effort to maintain. It really hit me after being there for 5 years. It felt like every year it just got worse. I had such a beautiful life out there....still can't believe I moved away, but it was kind of necessary. That last year I was a total insomniac.

Looking good:yummy:

I feel it starting to kick in before I exhale my first toke.

Oh Mama! the bus came by and I got on.....

some of the sativas can be too clear headed for people, to the point where they don't realize they are high. They are wanting something more akin to the buzz they get with alcohol.

This is what happened to my wife with the Zamaldelica. She has tolerance to spare, so after 5 or 6 hits she didnt get the buzz she was used to and next thing ya know she cannot remember nuthing. she called it a mind eraser. I just luvs to watch a sativa run and grow, so sexy. But will grow the more narcotik indica crosses over winter from now on. work better with the low humidity.

The only person I know that loves the Sativas and is always seeking them plays a lot of sports....he tells me they help his performance a lot.

I think you got something there....
I have a long time family friend, his words are 'I am tripping all over indica in the streets when I come to the city to see you'. He loves Sativa. He also loves martial arts BJJ. So I give him my head stash sativa buds. He gets a special smile with sativa, brings him home, quite something to see. He is always my judge on the quality of a grow so he gets all he wants for 'evaluation purposes.'
:high-five:

I think you got something there....
I have a long time family friend, his words are 'I am tripping all over indica in the streets when I come to the city to see you'. He loves Sativa. He also loves martial arts BJJ. So I give him my head stash sativa buds. He gets a special smile with sativa, brings him home, quite something to see. He is always my judge on the quality of a grow so he gets all he wants for 'evaluation purposes.'
Well....I was talking with this guy about Doc Ellis (the mlb pitcher that threw a no hitter high on LSD) a long time ago. If someone can get through the fear and tap into the incredible focus of psychedelics.....they can do some pretty amazing stuff.

He was telling me his teammates think he is nuts cause when he gets a break he smokes a joint.....he might stumble for a bit, but once he is acclimatized to the high his focus is much higher than normal.

Back
Top Bottom