Morglie's Perpetual: New Space & New Strains

I've been growing about four years now. The last three and a half of which, I've been doing it successfully. I'd gotten two autos and a couple of crappy bag seeds to harvest prior to switching to Doc's kit.

The Malawi x PCK is an Ace cross. It's the same as Violetta, but they used the old killer mother instead of the purple pheno. It's a beast of a plant. I have a feeling I'm going to have to raise the lights over it by the time everything is said and done. Oh, and the PCK that they use in all their crosses came from Cannabiogen.

The PM x UD C is actually the larger of the two. The B plant is only about 8 feet tall.... She is slightly bushier, maybe not an OG expression like I've been thinking? C is pushing 10ft. I need to snap a stem picture next weekend when I check on them. I'm thinking I'll need my 3ft clippers to cut them at harvest.

I used an old box that is tall and narrow with a computer fan stuck in the end. There are 2 wires running the length to hang bud on. I adjust the flaps to direct more or less airflow through the box. I wired the fan up to a 9 volt power chord. I've been getting 14 days before I jar them and put them in the fridge for burping the final couple of rh out.

The RH is really high right now in that room though, as you'll note in the pictures, so in the winter I'll probably be down to around 7 days, but it beats the hell out of hanging them in my flower room for 2-3 days before they are dry. It's made the biggest difference in boosting terps that I've found. My purple Malawi I just dried in there has menthol in the nose on exhale that's never been there before. The only issue I've ran into is a lack of space. I had to cram to get two plants in there yesterday.

On a side note. I put plastic down in the bottom of the box as well. I wash my plants and they hang for about 10 minutes in front of a fan before I put them in, but they still are dripping a bit at that point and I don't want the bottom rotting out.
Creativity at its best, I love it. How about that zam, is it hard to control I am planning my next grow and will be seed shopping soon.

Creativity at its best, I love it. How about that zam, is it hard to control I am planning my next grow and will be seed shopping soon.
It's not too bad to control. It can get a bit leggy though and will probably need support.

I haven't grown one under my new QB lighting yet though. I was using generic 300w blurples when I did before. They may be a bit less likely to stretch under better lighting. It'll definitely not be nearly as fluffy as my earlier ones.

Nice, she's going to be a resiny one. You already have resin out on the fans. :welldone:
I'm loving Ace's Panama. This is an F2 I made and the mother dripped resin. I'm almost out of Panama stash and it's time to load it up again.
That Panama, yikes. Less than 2 weeks since pistols, it's incredible. It looks to be in the zone.
Oh dear, the Malawi x PCK. Gonna be a beast. Vigorous plant makes a busy garden.
... Tasty greens. Great day :ciao:
Yes. The whole plant shot was 2 days earlier and it already grew about 5 inches in that time. It seems to have a Kush structure so hopefully the PCK keeps it tamed. I was going to let it get bigger but decided against it withh how it's growing.

Five inches in 2 days will get my attention. I always figure anything approaching two inchez in a day is that "growing like a weed" thing. You are getting that and then some.

If it were my tent I would be crappin bricks of cheese. I would think it was expressing PCK now but saving the Malawi for when I wasn't looking. Then bam above the lights while i slept.

Seriously the violetta has always been on my short list. It always lost out to the more popular 'golden tigers' of the ACE group. I think its big sister is going to be a great cross. Good quality and yield.

Five inches in 2 days will get my attention. I always figure anything approaching two inchez in a day is that "growing like a weed" thing. You are getting that and then some.

If it were my tent I would be crappin bricks of cheese. I would think it was expressing PCK now but saving the Malawi for when I wasn't looking. Then bam above the lights while i slept.

Seriously the violetta has always been on my short list. It always lost out to the more popular 'golden tigers' of the ACE group. I think its big sister is going to be a great cross. Good quality and yield.
Yea. I researched it before I dropped it and it looked like I was going to get about 100% stretch. I've got close to 6ft I can work with from the top of the pot to the lights if I move them up by the ceiling. I'm hoping I don't have to go quite that far though. I want to see if I can get a huge top cola like I've seen them produce.

The Violette grabbed my attention early on, but I've got a lot of the purple pheno already going. I'm hoping the old killer Malawi rears its head in this cross.

The outdoor girls. The pictures looking up at the leaves of both plants were taken with my phone at 6 foot off the ground.

I pulled out the Zam x Pan and Kerala for photos today. They both are coming along nicely and have already taken to their 5 gallon buckets.

The leaf tips on my purple Malawi have started to curl. I first noticed this yesterday. It could possibly be another day or two earlier, but that's the most it could be doing this. Normally I would look at this as nutrient burn, but she's not been overfed. Tran on 8/7 and plain water the 11th and 15th. She got recharge and water today. Next drench will be her first Cat. She's in 2nd run soil, so it's not overly saturated with nutrients at this point. I'm not certain of what could be causing this. I think I'll post in Doc's Q&A and see if there are ideas there. I know she's sensitive to overfeeding, but I've purposefully gone light with her this time.

Peace

I chewed 0.6 grams of Malawi cob this morning. It was at 4 weeks when I pulled it out last weekend and clipped this piece off to dry.

About 3 hours in I felt a burst of energy and pretty intense sativa high. It's carried on and was starting to feel tame around 6 hours in and I was starting to feel tired. I just smoked some Cannatonic. CBD with nil THC and felt that intense rush from earlier come back.:slide:Pretty cool!

I have enough of the Strange Brew I cut this morning that wouldn't fit in my dry box to make a cob. Limey goodness.

Hey Morglie, nice report on the cob - sounds perfect. Plants are all looking pretty, and pretty proper too.

What topping did you do on those outdoor beauties? I want to aim for exactly that growth structure with some Maui wowie this outdoor season. Did you top fairly early? I’ve been contemplating not topping at all on those and seeing what happens. But I do want them tall and not wide, just like that.

:Namaste:

Hey Morglie, nice report on the cob - sounds perfect. Plants are all looking pretty, and pretty proper too.

What topping did you do on those outdoor beauties? I want to aim for exactly that growth structure with some Maui wowie this outdoor season. Did you top fairly early? I’ve been contemplating not topping at all on those and seeing what happens. But I do want them tall and not wide, just like that.

:Namaste:
I topped them at their 2nd or 3rd true node. After I put them outside and they dug in their toes, I trimmed all the low growth off. And have tried to keep it clean. Anything more than halfway down the plant I trimmed off and then just let them go.

I do the same thing indoors when I up pot them, so these got the treatment once indoors and then once again when they were in the ground and sprinting.

If I have a runaway leader, I typically prune that branch back to the height of the others to keep an even canopy.

A couple of weeks ago, we had some friends over. We were relaxing around the fire and smoking and drinking, while I was keeping the bowls packed. I thought I'd experiment a bit.

Everyone already had a pretty good buzz going and I packed a couple bowls of Bangi Haze. The talk turned into several lively political debates going at once. Not hostile, but definitely very lively.

Next I packed a couple of bowls of Malawi and Cannatonic mixed around 50/50. Surprisingly, I felt a pretty good rush of energy when I hit there bowl. The talk turned to more goofy, fun topics. Lots of laughing and smiles.

Next I packed 1 bowl of Crockett Dawg. I never packed the second as discussion pretty much died as we all just sat there numbly. I decided at that point to go to sleep as it was pretty late.

Things kind of matched up with what I was expecting, although the indica brought things to a close much quicker than I expected. The real surprise was the Cannatonic mixed in. It seemed to amplify the buzz, which matches up with how it affected my cob chewing yesterday as well.

I need to explore this strain a bit more.

I snapped a couple of pictures while I was shuffling around the flower room for feeding.

I opened my Strange Brew cob after the sweat and let it breath for a few minutes. It has the most intense lime zest.

Time to sample this Erdpurt x PCK I picked Sunday to test it out.
:rollit:

Back
Top Bottom