Morglie's Perpetual: New Space & New Strains

A room packed :yahoo:
If I could get a decent pic of flower you'd really see a packed room. I'm having the crawl to get to the back plants to water them as I can barely shift them around they're getting so big! July and August is going to be big harvest months.
Yep. That's where I am. At this point besides a couple of small seed makers, I've only tried 2 of the 10 large plants I have in flower currently. Gonna be fun testing all of these in the coming months. :slide:

Hey Morglie, if I had a Thai Chiang Mai x Panama looking like that, I'd be staring at it like that too! She's a beauty!
I see you're growing some Stank genetics. My goal is to run some this fall so if you don't mind me subbing up?
Not at all Otter. Pull up a seat and welcome to my yard.

I ran a Kushberry a couple of times. It was enjoyed by all, but in an effort to keep from overgrowing my rooms, I didn't keep a cut going. Very healthy with an excellent structure. It comes from the ATF he used in those crosses.

I've been following his Stankberry, DTF journal and realized that the Stankberry cross should have the taste and buzz I was looking for in the Kushberry, so I've started looking there.

Which of Stanks genetics are you planning on running?

Not at all Otter. Pull up a seat and welcome to my yard.

I ran a Kushberry a couple of times. It was enjoyed by all, but in an effort to keep from overgrowing my rooms, I didn't keep a cut going. Very healthy with an excellent structure. It comes from the ATF he used in those crosses.

I've been following his Stankberry, DTF journal and realized that the Stankberry cross should have the taste and buzz I was looking for in the Kushberry, so I've started looking there.

Which of Stanks genetics are you planning on running?
I was thinking of filling my 4 x 4 tent with Stankness. Stankberry is one on the list and any 3 others that might grow the best together. Do you have an opinion Morglie? I don't have a clue yet. Van, what 4 would grow in most harmony in my 4 x 4 tent? I'm thinking of at least a fighting chance to keep a level canopy between them? (unlike the insanity now)

Well its tough to say with a smaller sample size. I will say that the Stankberry will stretch more all the rest in my experience. Count on doubling in size. The DTF has been the most consistent so far in my experience. The Kushberry Thunderfuck is my least experienced and has the smallest sample size grown out thus far so I can't really comment with any degree of confidence on that. The ATF is a grower for sure. The NL x Harlequin has looked great so far from what I have seen from @DonChiefums20 and the two he has growing. I believe he's the first to grow that cross from.

Having said that....DTF will likely give you the most consistent canopy....but is that what you really want? A full canopy of the same strain? I like variety....I would grow at least two strains, maybe three. I guess it would depend on the pot size you are going to grow in and how many plants you intend to have going. LOL...sorry not much help brother.

Train every time when you expect a plant to double or triple in size. Way easier to get a handle later on.

Hi Morglie! Looking good brother! I have a chocolate thai that looks like it's flowering already. Kinda early if you ask me... I wanna clone it and it might be too late now. And you know my luck with revegs....
Cheers Friend,
Lazy! Great to see you around the the neighborhood.

Are you running the chocolate Thai inside or out? I've had plants start flowering outside from being out to early in the season, but right now they shouldn't be doing that. You may have one that has auto flowering tendencies. I grew a Sinai that started flowering in veg and wouldn't stop.

I've not finished a reveg. Both that I've tried started for m me just fine. The one I cut because I decided after smoking on it for a bit, that it wasn't ticking all the boxes. The other one had a bud full of seeds. When I cut that bud off, it killed the plant.

Any luck on the house hunting?
I was thinking of filling my 4 x 4 tent with Stankness. Stankberry is one on the list and any 3 others that might grow the best together. Do you have an opinion Morglie? I don't have a clue yet. Van, what 4 would grow in most harmony in my 4 x 4 tent? I'm thinking of at least a fighting chance to keep a level canopy between them? (unlike the insanity now)
I've only grown out the one Kushberry and now these two Stankberries, so I don't have much experience with them. I know the Stankberries tend to stretch from Van's journal, so I'd be wary of running more than 1 or two of those. The DTF looks like an excellent sativa dominate cross, and fairly well behaved. I'd personally go for variety, but you can see I prefer that already from my grows.

I'll echo Con, train them well. In a tent, you're going to run out of space quickly if they get out of hand, and it looks like they all are very vigorous and could do so if you don't stay on top of them.

Sorry, if I'm not more help. I don't know the genetics well enough to give very good guidance with them.
Well its tough to say with a smaller sample size. I will say that the Stankberry will stretch more all the rest in my experience. Count on doubling in size. The DTF has been the most consistent so far in my experience. The Kushberry Thunderfuck is my least experienced and has the smallest sample size grown out thus far so I can't really comment with any degree of confidence on that. The ATF is a grower for sure. The NL x Harlequin has looked great so far from what I have seen from @DonChiefums20 and the two he has growing. I believe he's the first to grow that cross from.

Having said that....DTF will likely give you the most consistent canopy....but is that what you really want? A full canopy of the same strain? I like variety....I would grow at least two strains, maybe three. I guess it would depend on the pot size you are going to grow in and how many plants you intend to have going. LOL...sorry not much help brother.
The Kushberry I grew had a great structure and was nice and vigorous. The buds weren't nearly to the size of the DTF, but they were nice and chunky. Very nice hybrid buzz from it. You can really see the ATF genetics shine. Nice selection, these things grow like weeds! :cheesygrinsmiley:
Train every time when you expect a plant to double or triple in size. Way easier to get a handle later on.
This is something I've just started doing consistently and it is making a very noticeable difference in my flower room. I think if I hadn't trained some of these new Ace crosses, I have a feeling they'd be over my lights at this point, which are hanging around 7ft off the ground.

I've tried to ignore training in the past as I wanted to grow plants more naturally, but they really grow so much better with a firm hand on them. And they fit so much better. Well, they do seem to be getting wider than I planned, but that's probably just my proclivity to pack my room to it's max capacity, and the branches are interweaving.

Now to figure out how to make enough room in flower to put a vent in today. Hopefully I can slide them close enough together to make room. I've taken to crawling around under the canopy to lift the pots and see if they're thirsty. I need more space! :eek:

Yeah single cola growing doesn’t really cut it in small spaces. You have to top or fim everything to be sure you can control the vertical growth.

Yeah single cola growing doesn’t really cut it in small spaces. You have to top or fim everything to be sure you can control the vertical growth.
I have plenty of headroom for the average strain, but they just fill out so much better now that I'm focusing on training an even canopy. Plus I'd like to consistently get more than 2 zips from a plant, which has been about my max up to this point except for some rare exceptions.

Demand has been rising as people are realizing how much better good bud is over the bunk middlings they've been smoking. I need to stay ahead of the curve, my larder is almost empty!

You're scaring me with the how much the Stankberries stretch. I have one that was given to me in a 4" pot, it was root bound and about 2' tall and un-topped. I put it in a 1 gallon and topped it and now she's a big girl and not close to transplanting yet. I've had few plants that reek like this in veg, I'm looking forward to flowering this girl out.

About your customer base, do you find a lot of people say they "love" sativas but always request the indica and hybrids? I find that's the case quite often. They say give me a sativa and I give them a pure one and they never ask for it again. I just think they've never had a pure one and associate sativa's with hybrids. I've added more indica and hybrids to the line up just because of this. I have fluffy sativa buds coming out of my ears most times. It's nice to find a "true" sativa lover.

I told you so :laugh: Not many people actually enjoy sativas these days. They've grown on couchlock bud and that's what they want at the end of the day to relax after work. If we all legalised like tomorrow, indicas would be in huge demand and nobody could survive growing sativas commercially.

I told you so :laugh: Not many people actually enjoy sativas these days. They've grown on couchlock bud and that's what they want at the end of the day to relax after work. If we all legalised like tomorrow, indicas would be in huge demand and nobody could survive growing sativas commercially.
I agree 100% and it's too bad. I do have 1 lady who does appreciate them and I reward her handsomely for it. Her hubby always gets indica and she won't touch them. She says indica makes her feel very depressed and sativas make her feel great so I always throw in extra in his order just for her.

Thanks for the insight. My thought is to have 4 different cultivars of yours growing. I want to top and train for a flat canopy. I think maybe omitting the most or least aggressive grower would have gotten me in the zone. Too bad it's Stankberry for the stretchiest. Plans were made to change in my house. It'll be all good in the end.
I haven't grown regular seeds so I'm in for more starts than I'm used to. I'm already getting psyched!

You're scaring me with the how much the Stankberries stretch. I have one that was given to me in a 4" pot, it was root bound and about 2' tall and un-topped. I put it in a 1 gallon and topped it and now she's a big girl and not close to transplanting yet. I've had few plants that reek like this in veg, I'm looking forward to flowering this girl out.

About your customer base, do you find a lot of people say they "love" sativas but always request the indica and hybrids? I find that's the case quite often. They say give me a sativa and I give them a pure one and they never ask for it again. I just think they've never had a pure one and associate sativa's with hybrids. I've added more indica and hybrids to the line up just because of this. I have fluffy sativa buds coming out of my ears most times. It's nice to find a "true" sativa lover.
I've not distributed fluffy sativas, but they've loved my Purple Malawi, and just recently they've gotten Panama, which they are clamoring for. It could be in part the legacy of the name as I haven't given them many actual names on what they have gotten, but it does seem that they are really enjoying the difference in buzz from what they have had in the past. Keep in mind that most of that was mids, so not the best comparison, but they have gotten some solid hybrids and a couple of heavily leaning indicas from me and they still are asking for the sativas.

I have a feeling that this Bubba Hash is going to be very popular though. She has this lovely stink to her. I hope she's not a sleepy buzz. I'm really looking forward to having a nice relaxing indica that doesn't put me to sleep.
Sativas definitely take more work, but with the right genetics aren't bad. I would say, I average around 10-11 weeks turn around in my flower room, which isn't to far off indicas and hybrids. Even at only 2 zips a plant, I can still pull a pound every 10 weeks at that rate, and with the LST that I've started doing, that should almost double.

Now the Oldtimers Haze I've got started will cut into that, but that's for my own personal enjoyment. I'm not doing this for the money, although the added income is nice. But I'll be through all of my fluffy Zamadelica bud by the time it's ready. Now if I could just get this Zamal Bliss to crack I'll have two giant fluffy sativas to manage.
I agree 100% and it's too bad. I do have 1 lady who does appreciate them and I reward her handsomely for it. Her hubby always gets indica and she won't touch them. She says indica makes her feel very depressed and sativas make her feel great so I always throw in extra in his order just for her.
I've got Sinai that's got a great body numbing buzz. I've found I enjoy it more with some of the sativa rocket fuel of Purple Dawg mixed in though. I can see the attraction of indicas to people that want to use it like alcohol, but that's not something I care for, and it appears that most of my distributer's clientele are starting to realize the draw of a buzz where you actually want to do things.

Thanks for the insight. My thought is to have 4 different cultivars of yours growing. I want to top and train for a flat canopy. I think maybe omitting the most or least aggressive grower would have gotten me in the zone. Too bad it's Stankberry for the stretchiest. Plans were made to change in my house. It'll be all good in the end.
I haven't grown regular seeds so I'm in for more starts than I'm used to. I'm already getting psyched!
Regular seeds can be a pain as you have to pop extras to ensure that you get females to flower out, but having the occasional male for seed making sure is fun if you have the space to work with them.

Lazy! Great to see you around the the neighborhood.

Are you running the chocolate Thai inside or out? I've had plants start flowering outside from being out to early in the season, but right now they shouldn't be doing that. You may have one that has auto flowering tendencies. I grew a Sinai that started flowering in veg and wouldn't stop.

I've not finished a reveg. Both that I've tried started for m me just fine. The one I cut because I decided after smoking on it for a bit, that it wasn't ticking all the boxes. The other one had a bud full of seeds. When I cut that bud off, it killed the plant.

Any luck on the house hunting?

I've only grown out the one Kushberry and now these two Stankberries, so I don't have much experience with them. I know the Stankberries tend to stretch from Van's journal, so I'd be wary of running more than 1 or two of those. The DTF looks like an excellent sativa dominate cross, and fairly well behaved. I'd personally go for variety, but you can see I prefer that already from my grows.

I'll echo Con, train them well. In a tent, you're going to run out of space quickly if they get out of hand, and it looks like they all are very vigorous and could do so if you don't stay on top of them.

Sorry, if I'm not more help. I don't know the genetics well enough to give very good guidance with them.

The Kushberry I grew had a great structure and was nice and vigorous. The buds weren't nearly to the size of the DTF, but they were nice and chunky. Very nice hybrid buzz from it. You can really see the ATF genetics shine. Nice selection, these things grow like weeds! :cheesygrinsmiley:

This is something I've just started doing consistently and it is making a very noticeable difference in my flower room. I think if I hadn't trained some of these new Ace crosses, I have a feeling they'd be over my lights at this point, which are hanging around 7ft off the ground.

I've tried to ignore training in the past as I wanted to grow plants more naturally, but they really grow so much better with a firm hand on them. And they fit so much better. Well, they do seem to be getting wider than I planned, but that's probably just my proclivity to pack my room to it's max capacity, and the branches are interweaving.

Now to figure out how to make enough room in flower to put a vent in today. Hopefully I can slide them close enough together to make room. I've taken to crawling around under the canopy to lift the pots and see if they're thirsty. I need more space! :eek:
You are plenty of help, thanks. I'm on board all the way with training. You might not think so with my current project because I grew too many nodes before topping. I got a little crazy and wanted to see what happened and have a mad house going. It's going well though.
I don't envy you working in the flowering tent. I don't like to put them in harms way. Me being harm and a monkey at times.

I have plenty of headroom for the average strain, but they just fill out so much better now that I'm focusing on training an even canopy. Plus I'd like to consistently get more than 2 zips from a plant, which has been about my max up to this point except for some rare exceptions.

Demand has been rising as people are realizing how much better good bud is over the bunk middlings they've been smoking. I need to stay ahead of the curve, my larder is almost empty!
A friend gave me a couple of nugs of store bought last week. Both of us are spoiled from smoking my weed. The store bought lacks depth. It's like it had it's soul removed. I got high enough but the flavor and stone was very much less than it is with good home grown.

Back
Top Bottom