Morglie's Perpetual: New Space & New Strains

I have a friend locally who I gave a clone to and he's growing it outside too. I'd suggest topping and training for many tops or you're right mold could be an issue.
It's a small little thing. I was just going to use it to make seeds. It already has around 4 tops. Once it settles in to is new abode, I'll start spreading it out.

Well, I got home yesterday from being home all weekend. Most of my veg plants were wilted but they sprang back after a good Trans drench.

@neikodog probably no need to worry about topping the Bubba outdoors. I went out 3 days later and found it dug up and wilting. I replanted it but haven't seen it since. This last weekend was hot and no water so she's probably toast.

I did smoke a tester bowl last night if the indoor girl though and I like it. :thumb:

I can't distinguish the flavor smoking it yet, but it had this lovely floating buzz and the pain relief was very much appreciated. I beat myself up with all the gear hauling and canoeing this weekend. Lots of fun though.

I'll get an update up soon once I get some time.

Well, I got home yesterday from being home all weekend. Most of my veg plants were wilted but they sprang back after a good Trans drench.

@neikodog probably no need to worry about topping the Bubba outdoors. I went out 3 days later and found it dug up and wilting. I replanted it but haven't seen it since. This last weekend was hot and no water so she's probably toast.

I did smoke a tester bowl last night if the indoor girl though and I like it. :thumb:

I can't distinguish the flavor smoking it yet, but it had this lovely floating buzz and the pain relief was very much appreciated. I beat myself up with all the gear hauling and canoeing this weekend. Lots of fun though.

I'll get an update up soon once I get some time.

She will handle dry conditions pretty well and actually thrives in them. I don't water her as frequent as other strains, especially later in flower. It really seems to kick up the trichome production. I wait until the pot is really light, almost like if I waited another hour she would wilt. If you get it some water she will probably come back for ya. I'm glad you like it. There is a lot of buzz about the bubba hash so expectations aren't usually met when you finally get to try it. It's definitely different than any of the other indica plants I've smoked. I've found I'm very fond of hashplants. I tried some of HB Lost Coast Hashplant from Humbolt Seed Organization that Curso grew and I really liked that one too. I need to run the Hashplant S1's from ACE too.

She will handle dry conditions pretty well and actually thrives in them. I don't water her as frequent as other strains, especially later in flower. It really seems to kick up the trichome production. I wait until the pot is really light, almost like if I waited another hour she would wilt. If you get it some water she will probably come back for ya. I'm glad you like it. There is a lot of buzz about the bubba hash so expectations aren't usually met when you finally get to try it. It's definitely different than any of the other indica plants I've smoked. I've found I'm very fond of hashplants. I tried some of HB Lost Coast Hashplant from Humbolt Seed Organization that Curso grew and I really liked that one too. I need to run the Hashplant S1's from ACE too.
It seemed like she just stopped drinking about the time I was going to start cranking up the feeding. She really bulked up none the less. I'm not used to growing indicas, so the buds seem huge. She purpled up the last week as she started to amber. It makes it really easy to see when she's done.:) This is a nice cut. I'm impressed with it, but I do need to give it at least a dry if not some cure time to really assess it.

I snapped a few pictures in the flower room tonight.

Bangi Congo x Malawi. This thing has started to bulk up recently.

Thai Chang Mai x Panama. She finally stopped stretching and has started to fill in.

Killer A5. She seems very mag hungry, but I've been giving her snake oil every other week with brix and even top dressed epsoms a couple of weeks ago and her leaves keep curling. I've been feeding her 3tbs per gallon of soil of Transplant for a bit and bumped GE from 2 to 3 the last couple of feedings in the hopes that she may improve. Any thoughts @neikodog?

A5 x Kali China. Now that I'm looking at this picture I can see that I've been overfeeding her. Very strong lime smell on her.

Purple Malawi.

The Mulanje are coming along, although they don't seem to be really happy. They're making nice seeds though. :)

And last but not least, Oldtimers Haze.
:ganjamon:

You have the Bubba Kush/OG leaner. It’s my BH #1. She’s slightly leafier, but with very frosty buds. There’s definitely lemon/chemical funk to her too, which is how OG genes express themselves.

All sativas look great. I’ve noticed you’ve been getting mg deficiency in flowering. It’s something that ought to be fixed when preparing the soil. You need to add mg together with ca. Otherwise it’ll keep showing.

Hmmm after I wrote it I checked on the gals cause they've just woken up and Bubba true to form started showing mg deficiency :laugh: I'm sure this can be fixed with a small shot of mg, but in general I think you should tailor your soil for this strain with higher mg levels since the start. It's just a finicky OG thing!

You have the Bubba Kush/OG leaner. It’s my BH #1. She’s slightly leafier, but with very frosty buds. There’s definitely lemon/chemical funk to her too, which is how OG genes express themselves.

All sativas look great. I’ve noticed you’ve been getting mg deficiency in flowering. It’s something that ought to be fixed when preparing the soil. You need to add mg together with ca. Otherwise it’ll keep showing.

Hmmm after I wrote it I checked on the gals cause they've just woken up and Bubba true to form started showing mg deficiency :laugh: I'm sure this can be fixed with a small shot of mg, but in general I think you should tailor your soil for this strain with higher mg levels since the start. It's just a finicky OG thing!
My BH wasn't very mag hungry, but I have been adding in Snake Oil every other week. It adds a lot of mag for the plants that crave it, but the recommended amount is two times in flowering, which is significantly less than what I did, so maybe I just kept up with her insatiable hunger.

It's the A5 x Killer Malawi that still looks extremely mag hungry even with all that I've been giving her. I'll have to hit her early in flower with the epsoms this next run and see how she reacts.

I don't like adding things to the kit if I can help it as it can throw the soil off for later runs. I'm in strictly 3rd run soil at this point though, which is the last run recommended by Doc, so my soil may be somewhat out of balance already, which may be the root cause.

The problem with OG derived strains is that normal High Brix number won't always work, cause they need more magnesium, so you have to lower Ca:Mg ratio by raising Mg. @CareStalker was experimenting with it and he found they do very well even with 5:1.

I'm not seeing the issues you are with those cuts. I fed the Killer at 1.5-2 ml/gallon of soil and didn't get any mag issues. I've never opened my bottle of snake oil since I bought it and I got it when it was 1st released. The bubba turned out looking like a different cut than mine. Maybe it's that I run 1/3 coco in my soil, don't know but I've never added Epsom salt to any of my plants. The Killer looks like it got a little hot with low humidity maybe? I'd say it's either the coco or our environments are very different to get these different expressions.

Well coco might really work for you. I think it retains cations better than peat.

The problem with OG derived strains is that normal High Brix number won't always work, cause they need more magnesium, so you have to lower Ca:Mg ratio by raising Mg. @CareStalker was experimenting with it and he found they do very well even with 5:1.
Snake Oil is supposed to be for the OG genetics strains to help adjust for it. I've never really ran much if anything with OG besides UD which I've never finished as they've all been males.
I'm not seeing the issues you are with those cuts. I fed the Killer at 1.5-2 ml/gallon of soil and didn't get any mag issues. I've never opened my bottle of snake oil since I bought it and I got it when it was 1st released. The bubba turned out looking like a different cut than mine. Maybe it's that I run 1/3 coco in my soil, don't know but I've never added Epsom salt to any of my plants. The Killer looks like it got a little hot with low humidity maybe? I'd say it's either the coco or our environments are very different to get these different expressions.
I saw your post about coco and I plan on adding it next soil mix, but I'm still working on the same batches since then. Maybe in overfeeding it. I don't think it went into flower until after I got my temperatures in line. My next plant into flower is Killer A5 again, so I'll see what I can do this run with her.
Well coco might really work for you. I think it retains cations better than peat.
That's what Neiko was saying. I'm planning on adding it next run to see how it does. Maybe in running heavy on food and it's nutrient burn of some sort....

So I sexed the Crockett Dawg x Tangie cross that I'm growing out. I had 5 seeds left and popped them all with the intention of selecting and making F2s. I got 1 female out of the bunch.
:confused:

I guess on a good note I've been looking at the slew of plants heading towards flower soon and thinking, there's no way those are all going to fit.

Adding a side note as well, the (Crockett Dawg x Tangie) x Kerala I popped at the same time is a female. I figure there's only about a fifty percent chance I'll get to finish it out without it herming, though.

I'm selected a male and cut the rest. I'm going to take a clone of the female to run her, then I'm going to throw the two current plants into my breeding room for pollination. I'm sure I'll throw a Purple Malawi cut in as well, as I like seeing how she mixes with different strains.

Hermies... hermies everywhere. That’s what you see with unstabilised strains.

Hermies... hermies everywhere. That’s what you see with unstabilised strains.
Yes, you do, but from growing out the P13 x Kerala cross, I can see there's potential to grow out the Kerala crosses without hermies, so I'm trying them. The P13 one has a clear headed, super energizing buzz. It's my current go to smoke, when I want to get things done.

So I checked on the outdoor plants today.

The Bubba Hash got dug up again and is quite dead.

The P13 have outgrown the insect damage and are coming along nicely. Around 4ft tall. Unfortunately, they both are looking to be males.

The Purple Satellites have both shown to be females and have been flowering now for a few weeks. Unfortunately, that means they were putting their energy into the flowers instead of plant growth, so they weren't able to get ahead of the bugs and I don't see that changing. They're around 2.5ft tall, which is not much taller than when they went out. Luckily I have both cuts saved in my veg room. I'm going to run them indoors and see how I do with them.

I'm going to have to figure out a better place to put them. The spot I have one of the P13s in, gets several hours more light. I have to be careful of height there, though. Also, that's the spot I've had plants dug up, so there are definite downsides.

I need to find a spot that gets more direct sunlight, that's away from the watersource that is attracting all the bugs at my main spot. I think I need to veg them longer inside as well, if they are going to start flowering as soon as I put them outdoors.

So when it comes down to it, it looks like this year will be a bust on production outdoors, just like last year was. I should at least get a sample of the PS though. I'm excited to try them out. I've never had Mexican before. And Nepalese is a strain I want to explore more. It looks like one of the best ways to grow pure Sativas outdoors here.

A few pics from the flower room today.

And because I love looking at a tiny plant with narrow leaves. :cheesygrinsmiley:

How hot is it getting in your room now?

How hot is it getting in your room now?
My veg room is still getting to the low to mid 80s, but my flower is staying around 79-80f. I actually turned off my space heater and turned my mini split to AC the other day and it seems to be keeping a good range with it getting down to 68-70f at nights. I'm getting RH spikes when they lights go out though. I need to figure out how to switch this thing to 'dry' mode at lights out for a bit.

Back
Top Bottom