Morglie's Perpetual: New Space & New Strains

Morglie

I'll be updating this shortly with pictures and descriptions of my new space. I wanted to get this set up this morning. I'm still working out the kinks in the new grow area, and waiting on some boards to arrive so that I can build my flower lights.

I'm popping one set at a time so that I don't get the seeds mixed up. Plus it stretches things out so that I hopefully don't get overwhelmed.

In soil waiting to pop up their heads.
Apollo 13 x2 regulars

Germinating
Ultra dawg f2 x2 regulars

On deck
Tangie x2 regulars
Crockett's dawg x2 regular
Strange brew x2 regular
Early bubba hash x1 fem
Jack herer x2 regular
707 headband x1 fem
China Yunnan x1 fem
Bangi Haze x2 regular
CBD pure hazeling x2 regular
CBD critical cure x1 fem

That puts me at 20 plants plus the high CBD / nil THC cannatonic and my cut of purple Malawi which I'm continuing. The other two clones of my purple Malawi and my 2 clones of my green Malawi I've had in veg were all put into one 14 gallon tote yesterday. They'll be left in veg for a week or two to build roots then slapped into flower to get a small harvest to hold us over. There also is my keeper of my purple Malawi clones that got put into a 14 gallon as well yesterday. It will be vegged out properly with a cut of good vegged plant taken to clone before going into flower.

All of my current cuts except the cannatonic started going into flower outside about a month or so ago, so I started putting them inside at night under longer lighting to push them back into veg. Later I moved them into my old flower room under a blurple led to get them out of the area where visitors could see them. They were no longer getting the light intensity from the sun so they started to flower again. I moved them into my new veg room recently under 18/6 lighting to push them back into veg. The keeper of my purple is the one showing the least reveggjng issues.

There are three plants now in flower. Green Malawi x1 and pink Malawi x mepetit's high CBD cut of dancehall x2. All three have around 5-6 weeks left. The quad pot will take 9-13 weeks to finish, with my purple mom going in in about a month or two, taking 9-10 weeks. After that is new plants I'm popping now, so there will be a bit of a lull before the rush of new plants starts happening.

Any males I get right now will be used to dust the hopefully female of the same strain to make f1's of any of the regular seeds I have. I'm not planning on trying to cross anything at the moment as I want to start searching for good cuts to make proper crosses with. My current goal is to get a good stock of different varieties to choose from, with a focus on strains that are great for productivity. I'm also weaving in some solid indica for the late night meds and I have some nice new landrace stock to play with as well: South Indian sativa - kerala, Egyptian hybrid - Sinai (supposed to be related to Lebanese), Highland sativa - Kilimanjaro.

Anyways, that's the plan. Pics and more info should be coming later today.

Peace

re: Morglie's Perpetual - New Space & New strains In DBHBB

Ok you got me onboard and it seems I'm first :thumb:

Morglie's perpetual. New space & new strains in DBHBB

This is exciting. You got some great strains on deck there. I am the same way, I smoke almost only heady sativas until that sun goes down. Then the higher the THC indica the better. Looking forward to following along. Cheers!

Edit: I should also ask, when do you plan to try out the landrace strains? I love landrace plants.

Ok you got me onboard and it seems I'm first :thumb:

Welcome aboard Con. Good to know I've got your seasoned eyes on things. I'm planning on eventually open pollinating my UD f2's and hopefully you can help identify the phenos as I'm thinking that one will come into play when I start building a strain for outdoors here.

Re: Morglie's perpetual. New space & new strains in DBHBB

This is exciting. You got some great strains on deck there. I am the same way, I smoke almost only heady sativas until that sun goes down. Then the higher the THC indica the better. Looking forward to following along. Cheers!

Edit: I should also ask, when do you plan to try out the landrace strains? I love landrace plants.

Welcome MrC. I'm excited about all these new strains. I just dropped a boatload on new seeds and really tried to research my selections.

I'm a huge fan of landraces and have been trying to build a good selection of them. Once I get these first seeds going and am sure I have things running smoothly, I'm going to start adding the new landraces in. The kerala can go up to 20-24 weeks I believe, so I'm holding off until I have a steady supply before I put any long flowering or potentially very low yielding plants in the mix. I'm tired of having my last plant plus scraps of my previous harvests to pick from. I want to be able to select a strain that fits exactly how I'm feeling right then and not worry that it's the last nug I've got of it.

Welcome MrC. I'm excited about all these new strains. I just dropped a boatload on new seeds and really tried to research my selections.

I'm a huge fan of landraces and have been trying to build a good selection of them. Once I get these first seeds going and am sure I have things running smoothly, I'm going to start adding the new landraces in. The kerala can go up to 20-24 weeks I believe, so I'm holding off until I have a steady supply before I put any long flowering or potentially very low yielding plants in the mix. I'm tired of having my last plant plus scraps of my previous harvests to pick from. I want to be able to select a strain that fits exactly how I'm feeling right then and not worry that it's the last nug I've got of it.

Exactly how I feel lol

First page! :popcorn:
Good to have you aboard again GT. I'm waiting on my last panels to put together my flower room lights so I can move my veg ones into place and get this darned blurple thing out. It hurts the eyes. Thank you for the help in figuring out my lighting. I would probably have just picked up prebuilt lights that wouldn't have been as good for my space without your help.

And now for some pictures. I'm working with a 12x8 space that I split into two even rooms. Close to 6x8 for each.

I have an ac/dehumidifier in flower that I discovered I can't set an rh on after I unboxed and hooked it up. It seems to hold things in the mid 50s so it's good though. My main problem is venting. I'm running the exhaust from the AC through a 5" duct that runs into my veg room. There is a T joint in flower to pull directly from the room, but I discovered that even with my fan running the hot exhaust from the AC was flowing right back into the room. I closed that intake to stabilize my flower room temps. It climbs to 79 with the AC set to 74.

The ducting goes into veg where there is an intake off another T to pull from that room. Then the ducting goes from 5" to 8" to fit into my exhaust fan, so there is about 3-4 feet of ducting in the top corner that is hot from the AC exhaust. I wrapped that in ducting insulation yesterday and that seemed to keep my veg temps from climbing into the 90s but it's close. With all my lights on in there it'll probably hit 90 right now with the current outside heat. I need to set up a poor man's co2 generator in here to keep the plants happy at that temp. Once it cools down outside there shouldn't be an issue with veg temps. Humidity seems to be holding in the mid 50s so that's good.

And now for some pictures. I have the flower room nested in the veg room. I didn't realize my work area was going to be quite so close quarters when I was initially designing this. It'll work. It's just going to take some ingenuity and organization to do so. Left is my work table, right is my veg shelves. The space to the left under my work area is for a mini fridge I still need to move.
420-magazine-mobile240225648.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1116417112.jpg
420-magazine-mobile246323721.jpg
420-magazine-mobile195777365.jpg
420-magazine-mobile665975970.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1373430379.jpg

I'll be able to veg 3 large 14 gallon totes, plus a few smaller ones on the right of the lower shelf under two 5k 288 quantum boards while seedlings and small veg plants will be up top under a t5 fixture.

Flower will have a total of 6 288 quantum boards. Two in the middle at 4k and two on each side at 2.7k. I'll need to dial them down a bit and the cooling will need some adjusting at that time as well I'm sure.
420-magazine-mobile1175640453.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1072169699.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1459683114.jpg

And a couple pics of the flower girls. It's so nice to be able to take these under the lights and not have to deal with the blurple color.
420-magazine-mobile1594195918.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1979024620.jpg

It's a work in progress, but it's functioning and coming together.

Morglie's perpetual. New space & new strains in DBHBB

And a couple pics of the flower girls. It's so nice to be able to take these under the lights and not have to deal with the blurple color.
420-magazine-mobile1594195918.jpg

It's a work in progress, but it's functioning and coming together.

Beautiful cola. That looks like it's going to be a good smoke. I don't know much about these quantum boards. How do they compare to cob lighting?

Edit: have you been dealing with pests? Looks like maybe on the fan leaves?

Beautiful cola. That looks like it's going to be a good smoke. I don't know much about these quantum boards. How do they compare to cob lighting?

They are supposed to be cooler than cobs. I've personally never used any lighting but CFL, blurple off brand led, and t12. For the amount of light my veg boards are giving off, they are freaking bright. I won't want to go into my flower room without shades on after I get those lights up. They put off a decent amount of heat, but I can rest my hand comfortably on the heat sink. They aren't any hotter than my blurple 300watts and the difference is huge over those.

And to the second question, yes, I have in the past, and treat them with leaf wash every 2-3 weeks to keep issues from cropping up. Thank you for the reminder. It's time and with the room change and plants that were outside for weeks, it's due.

Thanks!

Nice room. With HB soil it's gonna be a breeze :thumb:

Nice room. With HB soil it's gonna be a breeze :thumb:
Thank you. Doc makes things easy. I need to figure out better how you pull it off. I'm trying my hand at outdoor growing this year, but I'm just winging it. If I can get them to finish I'll have a killer crop to hold me over until the indoor plants get cooking.

Well you already have the method and now you need to adjust it for outdoor while looking for plants that will agree with your local climate.

Well you already have the method and now you need to adjust it for outdoor while looking for plants that will agree with your local climate.
Yes, but I'd like to be able to do it in the ground instead of in pots of kit soil. That's a lot of soil to lug around to my stealth spots.

I'm working on the strain aspect. UD and Bangi Haze are two strains that should do well here outdoors. Afghani for some reason doesn't start flowering here until the 23rd of August. My purple pheno of Ace's Malawi started about a week earlier. It's going to be a rush on whether it will finish on time. It should be good.

You describe me your climate precisely and tell me your latitude and I may recommend a couple of strains. End of August is pretty late for Afghani, early indicas should start last week of July to first week of August, but there's something wrong with photoperiodic reaction this year and everything is triggered later than it usually is. Try to find geological map of your area or do a soil test to know what you're working with.

You describe me your climate precisely and tell me your latitude and I may recommend a couple of strains. End of August is pretty late for Afghani, early indicas should start last week of July to first week of August, but there's something wrong with photoperiodic reaction this year and everything is triggered later than it usually is. Try to find geological map of your area or do a soil test to know what you're working with.
Awesome! I'm at 40 latitude in the Midwest in America. It normally doesn't get much over 90f but the humidity can get very high in the mid summer. Latest harvest by early October would be best.

I prefer sativas and sativa leaning. Bangi Haze seems to fit the bill from what I've read of it. I guess the main thing with sativas here is whether they start flowering soon enough.

Thank you Con!

Back
Top Bottom