Morglie's Perpetual: New Space & New Strains

Lots of good stuff there. The rusty edges look like a Potassium deficiency to me, is that plant in a small pot?
It's in a 5 gallon bucket like all the rest of them. I've been diagnosing it as nutrient burn and have started backing my feeding down in turn.

I've had several times in the past where I thought I was getting K deficient with plants so I've been trying to adjust for that with all of my plants. She's been getting Snake Oil every other week, which is one of the main places the kit gives extra K and Mg, so it should be getting plenty. I do have bone meal, which is high in K, do you think I should try adding that? It's third run, so it's not that big of deal if I throw it out of balance.

It seems to be these A5 crosses that don't want to want to cooperate for me. Crispy edges. :confused:

Speaking of the A5 crosses, the Killer A5 just got to that point where it's stinking of ammonia. I keep wanting to cut a tester, but it's got another 3-4 weeks left, so I'm trying to hold out.

Hmmm, I didn't have any issues with the A5's, the killer and Panama grew uneventful for me. The Panama faded some at the end but she was healthy all the way through. The only issue I had with the Killer is she is a slow drinker so staying on a normal drenching schedule is tough with her. I flipped one 2 weeks ago, she's starting to bud now but the pot feels as heavy as the day I transplanted and watered her in. I've quit worrying about it, it's just how she grows.
I would think the snake oil would solve the issue but I guess another possibility is she's locking up. It could be to many heavy feedings in that small pot. You can get a salt build up even high brix.

I thought it was heat issue, but you might be overdoing the fertilisers.

Hmmm, I didn't have any issues with the A5's, the killer and Panama grew uneventful for me. The Panama faded some at the end but she was healthy all the way through. The only issue I had with the Killer is she is a slow drinker so staying on a normal drenching schedule is tough with her. I flipped one 2 weeks ago, she's starting to bud now but the pot feels as heavy as the day I transplanted and watered her in. I've quit worrying about it, it's just how she grows.
I would think the snake oil would solve the issue but I guess another possibility is she's locking up. It could be to many heavy feedings in that small pot. You can get a salt build up even high brix.
She's starting to slow down with the drinking, but she was needing one every 2-3 days up until recently. Maybe on as fast of schedule as she was I should do 2 waterings between drenches. I was going off of Ace's site, where they mentioned the Killer A5 wants heavy feedings.

I thought it was heat issue, but you might be overdoing the fertilisers.
Yea, I'm backing off to see. I know the Snake Oil can be intensive, as my Oldtimers started getting burnt tips and Brix/Snake Oil is the only thing it's gotten plus it's in first run soil to boot.

I was underfeeding my plants a while back, so I ramped things up. Time to dial a few of them back.

Outdoors my Purple Satellites have been suffering, but I've got cuts of both in my veg room that are coming along nicely. Nice dark purpling on the stems, almost identical to the way my Purple Malawi grows.

The A5 x Kali China is starting to get these tri pointed bud tips. Nice strong lime smell coming from her.

And last, but not least, my catnip. I put it outdoors last year, under a metal basket that came out of my freezer chest. A trick I learned from @Radogast to keep the cats from killing it. It's taken off this year. It's over 3' tall now. They just crawl up into the plant and chew on it for a while, then act goofy.:ganjamon:

Peace

The A5 x Kali bud structure looks to be a Kali China leaner. It looks the buds from Thai Chi a lot. Lime is a nice smell to get in weed. I love the citrus smells that come out in cannabis.
Cool!

I love lime in cannabis as well. The Thai x Panama and the Mulanje all are lime dominant. Last cycle it seemed like I had 4-5 lime smelling ones as well. They really make the flower room smell lovely.
:yummy:

Lime/lemon smells = high alpha-limonene cintent. It’s the most abundant terpene after myrcene in cannabis world.... and I’m not very fond of it personally :)

In general I’m not big on citrus smells and I definitely prefer pinene dominated strains, that often get this biodiesel smell as a result. Bubba Hash has shitloads of pinene, which really comes through when you smell the bud. UD has even more.

I was about to ask you what the smell of Purple Malawi mother is? The combination that Purple Dog produces is very interesting, there’s this lime peel, but there’s also this sweet before chocolate, but now very exotic smell after I fed her MSM, which is like papaya/banana, so I’d guess there’s fair amount of myrcene there.

Lime/lemon smells = high alpha-limonene cintent. It’s the most abundant terpene after myrcene in cannabis world.... and I’m not very fond of it personally :)

In general I’m not big on citrus smells and I definitely prefer pinene dominated strains, that often get this biodiesel smell as a result. Bubba Hash has shitloads of pinene, which really comes through when you smell the bud. UD has even more.

I was about to ask you what the smell of Purple Malawi mother is? The combination that Purple Dog produces is very interesting, there’s this lime peel, but there’s also this sweet before chocolate, but now very exotic smell after I fed her MSM, which is like papaya/banana, so I’d guess there’s fair amount of myrcene there.
The Malawi mother goes between a sweet fruit smell (over ripe mango, grape, berry) and the chocolate smell that you're getting. There's a lot of terpineol in it as well, and sometimes I'll get hints of cedar. Normally once she's jared and cured, she'll settle into the grape aroma. It's a distinct smell that carries over well in the prodigy.

Makes sense totally, sweetness and tropical fruit thing come from her and lime smell from UD father.

I gotta try to grow a plant some day for my baby. I put it on her scratcher, loves it.

The a5 x KC is a sweet looking thing with them bud tops.
It's come back this year and gone crazy. I was worried they would eat it down and kill it. Now it's a bush. They couldn't kill it if they tried.

And they do enjoy a good chew on it.

Looking great as usual Morglie. Must be fun to have a whole lot of new stuff on the go.

Bummer about the outdoor kids but at least you’ll get some PS tasters, as you say. On the PS, how old was it when you put it out. I’ve only ever started outdoor plants outside, so I’ve never run into the problem of them flowering early like that. I plan to try it sometime tho so I’m curious what the circumstances were for you. What light-hours was it on inside and what were the daylight hours outside at the time you moved them out? And how old was the PS then?

the prodigy
:hmmmm: did you mean progeny? ... great band tho... The Prodigy :theband: :thumb:

Looking great as usual Morglie. Must be fun to have a whole lot of new stuff on the go.

Bummer about the outdoor kids but at least you’ll get some PS tasters, as you say. On the PS, how old was it when you put it out. I’ve only ever started outdoor plants outside, so I’ve never run into the problem of them flowering early like that. I plan to try it sometime tho so I’m curious what the circumstances were for you. What light-hours was it on inside and what were the daylight hours outside at the time you moved them out? And how old was the PS then?

:hmmmm: did you mean progeny? ... great band tho... The Prodigy :theband: :thumb:
Thank you.

The PS were about 6 weeks old when I put them out. Long enough that they were sexually mature. They went from 18/6 lighting directly to around 14 outside. It sounds like 16 is the minimum to keep this strain in a vegetative state.

I've had plants do that before, but it was when I put them outside to early in the season. These just need a lot of light to keep them vegging. The cuts are behaving nicely for me. One should be going into flower in a few weeks when space opens up. We'll see how she does indoors.

And yes progeny not prodigy. :)

ut 6 weeks old when I put them out. Long enough that they were sexually mature. They went from 18/6 lighting directly to around 14 outside. It sounds like 16 is the minimum to keep this strain in a vegetative state.
:thumb: thanks

Wow, that Thai Chang Mai x Panama looks totally gorgeous. :yummy:

Nice! I'm looking forward to growing out some Mulanje.
They are a nice strain, but they seem to be picky. They want a fairly light amount of water and it looks like, pretty light on the actual feed as well is where I'm going to go next time with them. I fried these a bit.

:thumb: thanks

Wow, that Thai Chang Mai x Panama looks totally gorgeous. :yummy:
Yes, it is. It stretches like crazy, but it's a gorgeous plant. I hope I can maintain this cut without it getting ahead of me. I already have another about ready to go into flower and my current one still has a month or more left on it.

Smoked PD tester today :) Surprisingly heavy. Kicks off with a slowly coming on euphoria, which feels more like Mexican or Colombian! And then around an hr or 1,5 later it tumbles down into deep relaxation kinda semi-couchlocky... well I kept a clone, so I can grow her again :)

Back
Top Bottom