Morglie's Perpetual: New Space & New Strains

Smoked PD tester today :) Surprisingly heavy. Kicks off with a slowly coming on euphoria, which feels more like Mexican or Colombian! And then around an hr or 1,5 later it tumbles down into deep relaxation kinda semi-couchlocky... well I kept a clone, so I can grow her again :)
Very nice! I'm glad you're enjoying it. You did a wonderful job growing her out. Is the buzz similar to UD?

That's a much calmer buzz than I've found so far. The ones I've grown have an immediate onset of buzz and it really gets me moving.

Unless I imbibe to much and then it's not so much couch lock, as an inability to keep focused enough to do more than stare into space.

I think this one will be pretty much an evening strain. It’ll be more potent than tester, but the character will be the same. I can’t say there’s much of UD in there, just this indica bottom.

I think this one will be pretty much an evening strain. It’ll be more potent than tester, but the character will be the same. I can’t say there’s much of UD in there, just this indica bottom.
That's interesting. That's the first indica leaning one I've seen.

This is incredible! top notch beauty capture
full

This is incredible! top notch beauty capture
full
Thank you! Her leaves started to get the crispy edges after her Cat drenches, but she is the most photogenic plant I've grown. She's also, probably the biggest stretching plant I've grown besides the Kerala. If I let her flop she'd probably take up half of my 8x6 room. :eek:

Hmm this is something I see in DBHBB grows all the time. Aren't you using a little bit too much of fertilisers in single drench? Plants shouldn't get burnt if the dose is right.

Hmm this is something I see in DBHBB grows all the time. Aren't you using a little bit too much of fertilisers in single drench? Plants shouldn't get burnt if the dose is right.
I was going light handed for a while and was having my plants run out of steam mid flower. I've since increased my feeding to 2 to 4 times more than I was giving and overall they've perked up.

I'm still having issues with Cats burning them. I've cut them back to where I originally was, and I think I'm seeing improvements.

I have to say, these A5 crosses are giving me issues. They seem pretty nutrient sensitive. I've got the next round starting to go into flower. Hopefully I can keep them happy longer this time around.

Doc uses ammonia or urea in his cat drench if I remember well. It can burn the plants pretty easily if you use too much. It’s best to look at the volume of the soil used and reduce the dose with smaller pots.

I don't know how heavy you've been feeding but on the Bubba I start at transplant with 1.5 ml/gallon of soil. I always feed CAT's at 1 ml/gallon of soil back to back. After the CAT's I up the feedings to 2ml/gallon of soil. On the Killer I stay at 1.5ml/gallon of soil (except the CAT's). The Killer has performed at those levels. When I run the Killer she doesn't drink very fast. For example, the one in flower now is starting week 4 and is ready for recharge and I've only just watered it for the 2nd time 3 days ago. She drinks really slow for me and screws up the normal feeding schedule. She'll have had only 1 transplant drench before the CAT's. I quit worrying about it and just let her do her thing, she always turns out good. As far as the ammonia smell you're getting, that's new to me. I get more of an incense smell from her and I can't detect any indica traits, hopefully that changes for you when she's done.

Doc uses ammonia or urea in his cat drench if I remember well. It can burn the plants pretty easily if you use too much. It’s best to look at the volume of the soil used and reduce the dose with smaller pots.
I've started cutting it in half for the last several plants and am seeing better results on those so far.
I don't know how heavy you've been feeding but on the Bubba I start at transplant with 1.5 ml/gallon of soil. I always feed CAT's at 1 ml/gallon of soil back to back. After the CAT's I up the feedings to 2ml/gallon of soil. On the Killer I stay at 1.5ml/gallon of soil (except the CAT's). The Killer has performed at those levels. When I run the Killer she doesn't drink very fast. For example, the one in flower now is starting week 4 and is ready for recharge and I've only just watered it for the 2nd time 3 days ago. She drinks really slow for me and screws up the normal feeding schedule. She'll have had only 1 transplant drench before the CAT's. I quit worrying about it and just let her do her thing, she always turns out good. As far as the ammonia smell you're getting, that's new to me. I get more of an incense smell from her and I can't detect any indica traits, hopefully that changes for you when she's done.
When I was having the copper edges issues, I was drenching 0.5ml per gallon of soil. I upped that to 1ml and things seemed to straighten up.

I'm finding that most of my plants are happy at 2ml Trans, 1ml GE, and 0.5ml Cat.

I've been giving them all SnakeOil every other week as well. I'm thinking about backing that down. I started it to counteract the copper edges, when I was having those, and have continued, as it has the highest concentration of K and Mag in the kit and everything I was finding was pointing to a deficiency of one or the other.

Hit the post button to quickly...

Testing out some early Killer A5. It's a bit challenging to concentrate. o_O

Do you do one watering or two between your normal drenches? I do one between, but have been considering adding in a second one.

The Killer A5 has been a fairly heavy drinker in my garden. She normally drinks every 3-4 days. She's slowed down to 6-7 days now though as she's finishing up. I'm planning on cutting her next weekend as she'll be at 11 weeks since she started flowering.

The ammonia smell has mellowed out a bit. That happened not long after the cats.

Definitely a good buzz....:ganjamon:

Killer A5 tonight after I rearranged the flower room. She's up next for chopping, so she gets the front seat. 69 days of flowering. I'll do better with her this next round. She went into flower before she had a chance to get as root bound this time. Hopefully I can keep her happy throughout flower.

And because I can't resist staring at it.
Peace

I was down my phone for a bit, so I've been slacking on updates. I snapped a few pics from the flower room tonight.

First up is A5 x Kali China. She's a beautiful plant but I've fried her in some manner. I'm having this issue to a degree with all of my plants. It really hit her hard as she's sensitive to nutes.

My indoor cuts of Purple satellite are coming along nicely. One is in flower for a couple of days. I love the purpling of the stems.

I thought I snapped pictures of the other one that's still in veg, but I must have imagined it. I'll snap some tomorrow. It's stayed a nice squat bush.

And here's some random pics of budage

I've been narrowing down the problem I've been having and it always starts right after the Cat drenches. I've cut the amount I've been using to half a ml per gallon of soil and it still has been causing problems. The NepJam got one cat this time and I gave her a heavy Trans tonight instead of the second Cat. I have another bottle of Cat that in going to try on the next plant. I'll get this figured out yet.

Peace

Outdoors my Purple Satellites have been suffering, but I've got cuts of both in my veg room that are coming along nicely. Nice dark purpling on the stems, almost identical to the way my Purple Malawi grows.

The A5 x Kali China is starting to get these tri pointed bud tips. Nice strong lime smell coming from her.

And last, but not least, my catnip. I put it outdoors last year, under a metal basket that came out of my freezer chest. A trick I learned from @Radogast to keep the cats from killing it. It's taken off this year. It's over 3' tall now. They just crawl up into the plant and chew on it for a while, then act goofy.:ganjamon:

Peace
I was wondering :hmmmm: ... How's that catnip smoke? C'mon, be honest, I know you must have tried some! :rofl:

I've been narrowing down the problem I've been having and it always starts right after the Cat drenches. I've cut the amount I've been using to half a ml per gallon of soil and it still has been causing problems. The NepJam got one cat this time and I gave her a heavy Trans tonight instead of the second Cat. I have another bottle of Cat that in going to try on the next plant. I'll get this figured out yet.

It's sounds like your cation sites aren't as numerous or full as they could be, and when the soil charge gets flipped, it starves a little. :hmmmm: How about the EWC? That has lotsa cat sites. Do you do the topdress? Otherwise, if you're having the issue, the solution is to try to load the sites as much as you can before the Cats.

Also, heat? I've toasted a couple like that merely because of the heat and lights. You get up past 80 degrees and they like to be backed away from the lights a little more and have the RH raised past 60%.

:bongrip:

I was wondering :hmmmm: ... How's that catnip smoke? C'mon, be honest, I know you must have tried some! :rofl:
I have not tried that, truthfully. It has an aroma of dank funkiness to it that doesn't smell appealing to me. It smells like an old musty house.

I did once smoke coffee grounds when I was a kid. Course as hell, but I swear I got a speed buzz from it.

The cats love the catnip plant. They climb up on the plant and will munch away at it. Then they start acting goofy. They love the stuff. :cheesygrinsmiley:
It's sounds like your cation sites aren't as numerous or full as they could be, and when the soil charge gets flipped, it starves a little. :hmmmm: How about the EWC? That has lotsa cat sites. Do you do the topdress? Otherwise, if you're having the issue, the solution is to try to load the sites as much as you can before the Cats.

Also, heat? I've toasted a couple like that merely because of the heat and lights. You get up past 80 degrees and they like to be backed away from the lights a little more and have the RH raised past 60%.

:bongrip:
I wasn't top dressing with EWC when I recharged them, but I've been doing that for a bit now, without a change. I'm in third run soil, which I've been kind of attributing the problem to. I just used up the last of it, so we'll see if it was batch related.

It has been happening right after I start the Cats though, so I'm pretty certain it's related. I've been tweaking things a bit at that point. I think I'm going to skip them on one of my plants just to see. The NepJam is so quick I almost missed the window, and it was looking gorgeous until I hit it with a Cat and then the lower leaves started to fade and they all got a bit of the copper edging.

I'm getting low on 1st run soil as I've been using it for starting seeds. I've also got a small batch I'm cooking with Coco coir mixed in. It's supposed to increase the cationic charge of the soil.

I've had two plants go limp as well. Their fans droop like they are thirsty, but they never perk back up when they get watered. One of my Mulanje and my Thai x Panama both have done that.

I gave the ThaiPan a super drench earlier this week to see if the soil had lost its charge. That should have kicked it in gear if that was the case though but it's still hanging there limp.

My temps have been in line, except for getting down into the low 60s on a few occasions. I haven't had a temperature spike in flower since I put my mini split in.

The humidity gets high overnight and I haven't, as of yet, figured out how to bring it down quickly. I have lots of air movement, so there haven't been any mold issues, but I'm wondering if that may not be contributing somehow.

I'm puzzled. All of my plants look amazing up until they get their cats and then they start to waver. I'll get it narrowed down soon enough.

Hmmm :hmmmm:. The last update of the A5 x Kali was beautiful too. This has to be getting very frustrating for you. Maybe it's time to give Doc a tag?
I'm about to give a CAT to my Thai x Pan too. I always go 1 ml/gallon of soil (CAT) on plants and haven't had that issue. I've had plants start to fade after the CAT's but not get fried like that. I keep my tents in the low to mid 80's with the RH at 55% and I can't say I've had them fry like that ever. Try top dressing and watering in some Roots! powder. I also wonder if you're getting some salt build up. Did you feed pretty heavy for a while or go back to back drenches skipping plain water??

Hmmm :hmmmm:. The last update of the A5 x Kali was beautiful too. This has to be getting very frustrating for you. Maybe it's time to give Doc a tag?
I'm about to give a CAT to my Thai x Pan too. I always go 1 ml/gallon of soil (CAT) on plants and haven't had that issue. I've had plants start to fade after the CAT's but not get fried like that. I keep my tents in the low to mid 80's with the RH at 55% and I can't say I've had them fry like that ever. Try top dressing and watering in some Roots! powder. I also wonder if you're getting some salt build up. Did you feed pretty heavy for a while or go back to back drenches skipping plain water??
The ThaiPan I've fed pretty much by the book. I've only done single watering between drenches and the drenches have all been 1-2ml per gallon of soil. She's gone limp from needing water twice but nothing excessive. She was just drinking every 2-3 days for a while. I top dressed Roots! last night to see if that might help. The buds are still coming along although a bit slower than they were. The droopy leaves and branches have her looking sad though. I get the impression the charge in the soil is dead, but the super drench should have perked her back up if that was the case. I had the same thing happen to one of my Mulanje. The leaves just droop one day and they slow way down on drinking. They do continue to develope, just much slower than they were going before.

It's possible my soil is going out of balance as it is on its third run. I've been pretty good about sticking with the instructions since this soil started, but who knows.

The A5 is showing it excessively just because she's very nute sensitive. I've already got the next run going into flower. I'm going much lighter on her this time around and hopefully will keep her happier. I'm thinking this is going to be a keeper. She's got a lot of potential, and I have a feeling the smoke should be top notch.

So far both A5 strains I've done have been keepers. People absolutely love the A5 x Panama. As soon as word gets out the killer is done, it just goes. I don't think I even had a 1/4 oz to keep for myself the last harvest. Now those people have tried the Panama it goes even faster. I'm trying to keep those 2 staggered so one is always in flower. Kali China hybrids are amazing so I'm sure that addition of A5 will put it over the top.

So far both A5 strains I've done have been keepers. People absolutely love the A5 x Panama. As soon as word gets out the killer is done, it just goes. I don't think I even had a 1/4 oz to keep for myself the last harvest. Now those people have tried the Panama it goes even faster. I'm trying to keep those 2 staggered so one is always in flower. Kali China hybrids are amazing so I'm sure that addition of A5 will put it over the top.

Might be the time to self her and get some feminised seeds while she’s still running hot :)

Back
Top Bottom