Morty's Photographic Journal Of Dubiousness & Rickity Science - Blue Bud

Hard to tell from this image taken this morning but the height difference in lights is the real difference in height. The lights are about 12-14” above the plants. The tent is only 6.5’ and has the carbon filter inside as well as the lights hanging.

The dwarf star has been bringing the Gods Blue Warp to life on the left. It’s about 2.5ft tall. The Fusion Pro 400 was growing the Blue Bud on the right. The Blue Bud is probably around 4 ft tall. I will harvest a solid amount this time based on the size and density of these two girls.

I removed all my journal/thread subscriptions yesterday. Found it too hard to find all my normal grow journals and stay updated. Been slowly adding them back. I was following a lot just not chirping up since I was at work usually.

Still not sure if I will try the cob technique with this crop as it benefits the sativa leaning strains. Who knows. I already own a vacuum sealer and it seems easy enough.

I made the switch to flower around March 7th. Sometime around March 15th there were good pistols showing. So we are around week 4-5. I think I have around 2 weeks left based on the health of the plant.

I would like to see a bit more secondary fattening up. At least I don’t have wispy tops this time. The buds are fat, sticky, and hard as nails. The secondary growth is working up to the main cola nicely. If I make a cob it will be with lots of the smaller stuff combined with solid tops of both strains.

That leaves me with a lone GBW clone. I think I will nurture it along until summer hits and then throw her outside to the wolves and see if she survives. It has started to take off
In the veg tent, I had them on 50w (half the bank) and put on the other half this week. I need to keep her going in veg at least another month.

I won’t be washing the buds this time either. I did not foliar this time and there was neglible pests or potential contaminates. Looking forward to making my own determinations about how it alters the final product.

After this harvest I may try to improve my soil. Put it all back on the tarp and mix it up. Might add some local black earth or go and harvest some moss once the muskeg unthaws a bit. I may have overachieved with the amount of amendments I added when I first made it and want to dilute it a bit with some neutral organic matter.

Ooh beautiful colours there Urban! :bravo::circle-of-love:

Thanks Amy! You’d never know by just looking at them while under the grow lights. It’s not until you put them under normal white light that all these colours come through. Fall colours in the spring. Awesome

I feel like I am spamming my own thread/journal. Chilling at home and enjoying some home grown Amnesia OG while listening to tunes. Went to check out some of the photos I shot the other day and did my best to clean up this shot.

We are in trichomes watch. Waiting for the right moment to pluck these hens. I will be out of town for a few days and that will probably be enough for the Gods Blue Warp. The Blue Bud will need another week or so. Not a bad thing as the BB is putting more weight on underneath the main colas.

The GBW is a very compact strain with tight buds. The size and smaller yield may be why it’s not in the JOTI catalogue. Should be an interesting smoke.

Here are today’s trichome inspection photos.

Finally got confirmation from seedsman. My freebies from the contest win are on the way. I went OG old school. I also stuck to Seedsman seeds rather than other seed companies. Gotta Rep the sponsors.

Seedsman - Skunk #1 x 10
Seedsman - Jack Herer x 5
Freebies Seedsman - Mama Mia x 3

It would be cool to open the pack with some extra freebies but not gonna complain with 18 already free seeds. Thank you Seedsman for being a legit sponsor!

Love me some Seedsman! I had to branch out and try and couple new overseas seed banks due to strains available that weren't available at Seedsman......can't say its been a pleasant experience. I had to send emails asking if they shipped, and then a month later I still haven't received my order.

When I order from Seedsman, I always pay for the stealth shipping and the insurance, but those weren't even options. Had to send multiple emails to inquire how to deal with lost shipments. Sucks. I have probably 10 purchases from Seedsman and the biggest issue I had was the wrong strain got shipped once and after a quick email exchange, they acknowledged they messed up and offered a few ways to rectify the screw up. They produced pictures of the order that got shipped along with the invoice.....very professional. @SeedsMan really is a top notch bank and my go to for most older strains.

Love me some Seedsman! I had to branch out and try and couple new overseas seed banks due to strains available that weren't available at Seedsman......can't say its been a pleasant experience. I had to send emails asking if they shipped, and then a month later I still haven't received my order.

When I order from Seedsman, I always pay for the stealth shipping and the insurance, but those weren't even options. Had to send multiple emails to inquire how to deal with lost shipments. Sucks. I have probably 10 purchases from Seedsman and the biggest issue I had was the wrong strain got shipped once and after a quick email exchange, they acknowledged they messed up and offered a few ways to rectify the screw up. They produced pictures of the order that got shipped along with the invoice.....very professional. @SeedsMan really is a top notch bank and my go to for most older strains.
I totally agree I have had great luck with Seedsman.

Hey there Urb.... step back away from the loppers Bro!

All your plants look fantastic.. I know you wanna stick your mits in the freshie jar.... must resist.

Back stretch fatty colas are a thing!

Steer the course, full speed ahead. You're on it.... fantastic flowers.

Wait till you hit it.. :passitleft: oh and that soil.. bigger better flowers next round. It's always going to get better.

Good job buddy.. sorry I missed the ride here. I'm too self adsorbed.

:Namaste:

G/L with your upcoming harvest.

Dude your pictures and plants are looking amazing there urb! Amazing colors

So I cut off a lower larf from the Blue Bud this past weekend and let it air dry. Got home yesterday and rolled it up to test.

Despite the quick dry it was smooth. A good sign of things to come. Half joint with the missus messed me up pretty good. This round is much fatter and stronger than the last. Very happy. Can start to taste the blueberry too.

Still the Blue Bud is putting on size and isn’t ready for harvest. At least a week maybe more. The GBW is on the cusp. Just waiting for more trichomes to turn.

Glad to hear the buds are coming out how you want them urb! They look fire from where I'm sitting. Should be a killer haul

Back
Top Bottom