Morty's Photographic Journal Of Dubiousness & Rickity Science - Blue Bud

Fantastic photos UA!

Funny you mention let the buds sit for a couple months. I thought I was out of all my Blueberry from my first grow and was digging through my bud safe one day and found a full jar of Blueberry that was curing untouched for about 4-5 months. I cracked open the jar and it was amazing. Smoothest smoke I have ever tried. Smells were insane! Its one of the things I will love about harvesting a plant every 2-3 weeks......endless variety but also the ability to stick a jar or two of each strain away for a few months and let it cure properly.
Thanks bud, I might have to order some dispensary bud to let me give it a long cure, only have a few joints of the first harvest left. It’s hard not to smoke because it’s pretty good already lol.

Loving the Scooby Doo pic, seems he found a dooby snack :laugh:
Hehe yeah I was thinking the same thing.

Well it’s almost time to end this Rickity Journal. I chopped down the Blue Bud. It’s hanging in the tent.

My yield is significantly less than most folks. The density of the buds is getting better each round though. I only had two flowering so not much to start with. I will have harvest enough bud to last a few months. Next round has to be bigger and better.

I purchased a few storage totes. Roughly 30 gallons each. Next round, two plants will be planted in each tote using stored soil. My red clover seeds arrived and they will be used as cover

Still waiting on my HSO parcel. Starting to wonder if it’s coming. I mentioned I needed a week or two to finish this grow.

I will post some pics of the dried Blue Bud in a few days.

:bravo::welldone:

You know i will be there to watch you do your thang brother!
Thanks man, appreciate all the support you have given me along the way. A dudes dude lol.

What I've seen here is definitely something to be proud of! I'm in for the next grow, whatever multiverse it's in.
Always happy to have you, I am not sure when I will fire up the next one, but I will post it here.

I am thinking of making the next journal a continuous one. All future grows under the one roof. Need a name for it...my favourite so far is...

Some Dude Growing Weed

Lol

Hard to tell from this image taken this morning but the height difference in lights is the real difference in height. The lights are about 12-14” above the plants. The tent is only 6.5’ and has the carbon filter inside as well as the lights hanging.

The dwarf star has been bringing the Gods Blue Warp to life on the left. It’s about 2.5ft tall. The Fusion Pro 400 was growing the Blue Bud on the right. The Blue Bud is probably around 4 ft tall. I will harvest a solid amount this time based on the size and density of these two girls.

I removed all my journal/thread subscriptions yesterday. Found it too hard to find all my normal grow journals and stay updated. Been slowly adding them back. I was following a lot just not chirping up since I was at work usually.

Still not sure if I will try the cob technique with this crop as it benefits the sativa leaning strains. Who knows. I already own a vacuum sealer and it seems easy enough.

I made the switch to flower around March 7th. Sometime around March 15th there were good pistols showing. So we are around week 4-5. I think I have around 2 weeks left based on the health of the plant.

I would like to see a bit more secondary fattening up. At least I don’t have wispy tops this time. The buds are fat, sticky, and hard as nails. The secondary growth is working up to the main cola nicely. If I make a cob it will be with lots of the smaller stuff combined with solid tops of both strains.

That leaves me with a lone GBW clone. I think I will nurture it along until summer hits and then throw her outside to the wolves and see if she survives. It has started to take off
In the veg tent, I had them on 50w (half the bank) and put on the other half this week. I need to keep her going in veg at least another month.

I won’t be washing the buds this time either. I did not foliar this time and there was neglible pests or potential contaminates. Looking forward to making my own determinations about how it alters the final product.

After this harvest I may try to improve my soil. Put it all back on the tarp and mix it up. Might add some local black earth or go and harvest some moss once the muskeg unthaws a bit. I may have overachieved with the amount of amendments I added when I first made it and want to dilute it a bit with some neutral organic matter.
See how do you measure and know how much say farm soil to mix into my day back yard soil? Ratio wise how do you know ?

Sorry always been a fan of outdoor or organic growing and getting some farm soil boyz this weekend mixed with horse goat donkey rabbit chicken rooster manure . Three years sitting turned once or twice a year buddy said . Holes I’ve dug our about Foot deep ish and about 6 inch wide ?should I be going bigger? Heard to fluff up the soil around the holes dug too helps with letting the roots develope easier less stress maybe too? Lol I dunno help family please ✊

We are in trichomes watch. Waiting for the right moment to pluck these hens. I will be out of town for a few days and that will probably be enough for the Gods Blue Warp. The Blue Bud will need another week or so. Not a bad thing as the BB is putting more weight on underneath the main colas.

The GBW is a very compact strain with tight buds. The size and smaller yield may be why it’s not in the JOTI catalogue. Should be an interesting smoke.

Here are today’s trichome inspection photos.

Hope she is is worth it sure looks interesting :drool::drool:

Finally got confirmation from seedsman. My freebies from the contest win are on the way. I went OG old school. I also stuck to Seedsman seeds rather than other seed companies. Gotta Rep the sponsors.

Seedsman - Skunk #1 x 10
Seedsman - Jack Herer x 5
Freebies Seedsman - Mama Mia x 3

It would be cool to open the pack with some extra freebies but not gonna complain with 18 already free seeds. Thank you Seedsman for being a legit sponsor!
@Lady G2HM she just wrapped a sponsored journal up from them ✊

Might have to open up wallet and browse damn you 420 product placement lol

Another day another dollar. In my case, 70 something cents considering the exchange rate...

Here are two more shots of the Blue Bud and a shot of the GBW with an additional zoom in on the trichomes.

The GBW might have another day or two but the amber is getting pretty consistent.

I just came I think :drool::drool::drool::goodluck:

Excellent - great company to grow for. I have my first and only seed I ever popped from them and still have cuts going. I've been growing Chemdawg from them I think since 2015. 1 bean and many many plants. Still my favorite all time too.

Your plants look really really great. Love all those colors. Wow...

Glad to see you're letting your fans fall off. I do that. I think it helps the buds get bigger/fatter.

G/L with this final stretch! On course & gonna be a great one. Looks epic really. Great job.

On the 70 some cents... for now. If parliament can get the shit together and make cannabis legal for 7/1 this year, that will pick up the economy. The way its set up for the "hobbyist" grower is perfect really. Everyone gets to make a buck, guaranteed. It's the way it should be.

USA can't get their shit together so expect Canada to get an economic boost. Don't forget there's a shit ton of Americans that live close to the Canadian border.

When we find out they can purchase the good stuff for $12/gm. Things are going to change. I'm hoping.. and investing too, backing up what I say. So far my Canadian Cannabis stocks are up 35% this year already. If things go legal... I'm going to be pissed I didn't invest more.

Problem for me is I'm not Canadian so even tho I own property in Ontario, it's likely I'm not allowed to grow on my own property. Which sucks, part of my property is a peat bog... talk about growing hydroponically.. real deal there.
I stay there and grow for you lol just playing ✊

See how do you measure and know how much say farm soil to mix into my day back yard soil? Ratio wise how do you know ?

Sorry always been a fan of outdoor or organic growing and getting some farm soil boyz this weekend mixed with horse goat donkey rabbit chicken rooster manure . Three years sitting turned once or twice a year buddy said . Holes I’ve dug our about Foot deep ish and about 6 inch wide ?should I be going bigger? Heard to fluff up the soil around the holes dug too helps with letting the roots develope easier less stress maybe too? Lol I dunno help family please ✊
I can’t wait to see your organic grow King, I’m know expert but I would think the bigger you can get your holes the more organic dirt you can put down in there which should give the plants more nutrients and be better off. I’ve got access to plenty of horse and chicken poop, I might get a little bit for my outdoor ladies lol.✌️

I can’t wait to see your organic grow King, I’m know expert but I would think the bigger you can get your holes the more organic dirt you can put down in there which should give the plants more nutrients and be better off. I’ve got access to plenty of horse and chicken poop, I might get a little bit for my outdoor ladies lol.✌️
Thanks for response

CHeck this out I found it very informative

Manure and Marijuana 2011

Thank you Joe! I am a bit late to the party, my west coast ass slept in...like 8:00 am is sleeping in for me now lol.

Interesting discussions going on. I still have a Gods blue a Warp cutting in Veg. It’s dying to be released and set into flower. I was thinking of throwing it outside somewhere with a bit of my soil mix to help it along.

Thank you Joe! I am a bit late to the party, my west coast ass slept in...like 8:00 am is sleeping in for me now lol.

Interesting discussions going on. I still have a Gods blue a Warp cutting in Veg. It’s dying to be released and set into flower. I was thinking of throwing it outside somewhere with a bit of my soil mix to help it along.
Do it and share here buddy blessed to have your support man you grow some
Amazing plants buddy ✊

Do it and share here buddy blessed to have your support man you grow some
Amazing plants buddy ✊

Yeah she Has been showing her sex for a few weeks. Probably only 14 to 16 inches tall right now but bushy. Gave her a bit of ACT the other day. Just waiting for the longer days to arrive. Almost time.

Yeah she Has been showing her sex for a few weeks. Probably only 14 to 16 inches tall right now but bushy. Gave her a bit of ACT the other day. Just waiting for the longer days to arrive. Almost time.
How would I look at making my own act for this special soil mix ? The farm stuff and my own soil shoudl I mix and put in hole I’m filling out door but maybe I can find something out there organic to add ? Damn

How would I look at making my own act for this special soil mix ? The farm stuff and my own soil shoudl I mix and put in hole I’m filling out door but maybe I can find something out there organic to add ? Damn

They are quite easy and simple. Earth worm castings, kelp meal, and humus. Aerate it with an air stone for 36-48 hours. All sorts of options. Whatever is handy. Chicken manure or any manure.

I have a Costco size bag of plain unbleached light rags. I put a shot glass of my own soil mix, a bit of EWC, and whatever is handy into the rag. Tie it up and use it like a tea bag in the container.

BobBrown14 is who I got a lot of information from, and the threads he participates in/created.

I would take an inventory of what you have and look for a tea recipe that fits those ingredients rather than buying anything new.

I also have a product called Boogie Brew. It’s an ACT mixture in a bag (two bags actually) and makes a good tea.

My soil hasn’t needed much for teas yet, so rich it’s crazy, so not sure if you will need to give it teas or not

Back
Top Bottom