Mosquito dunks and thrips

Whitehotdog

Hi guys
So with the help from you guys I discovered my plants got thrips .but
How do I use mosquito dunks to get rid of thrips .
Got the dunks yesterday soaked half a ring in a 2 gallon bucket of cold water overnight them sprayed onto plants
I broke the ring up first but just seems to float.on the water is this correct and how long before I see results .also is this the best option to get rid of them .

I am just doing the same as you right now but only thing I have read extra was 24 hr soak rather then overnight, pull some water out but keep the crushed dunk stuff from half dunk in the bucket and replace water. that half dunk is good for 2-3 weeks if you keep adding water and soaking. It takes minimum 2 treatments to kill the thrip larvae then you can use yellow sticky pads to stop and prevent further adult thrips from getting in there. I do not have a time line sorry as I am also playing with these buggers currently

Best suggestion aside from what Em has said is to use it daily as a foliar spray, to kill the adults and as a soil drench to kill the larvae. I would suggest using it for a min of 5 days to ensure you are getting all new hatchlings. Longer if you have a bad infestation.

I used it in my last grow, in which I had a severe infestation of both thrips and gnats, took about 2 weeks to get them all.

So do you feed as normal and if so would you feed first ?.I sprayed foliage and poured some on coco core as advised
But was worried if I feed after I would wash mosquito dunk water away into coco .

You can mix food into dunk water from what I read

You probably can, the dunks are just BTi cultures that poison the various insects that eat them. After foliar spray, they are minding their own business until some insect comes along and eats something (your leaves) that they are on. Once in the gullet of the insect, there outer shell dissolves releasing a toxic protein. Only insects with basic (high pH) digestive enzymes are affected. Birds, animals etc have acidic enzymes so are immune to BTi.

Just another note on using BTi (mosquito dunks and bits) when using as a foliar spray, do just before dark as light will kill the bacteria and preferably, if using outdoors, stay away from any plants that bees are visiting as BTi will kill them too and their numbers have not been great the past few years.

Hi. You water your soil with it. That's where they are living and where the eggs and babies are. The bacteria eats the larva and babies. Sticky tape to catch the fliers and bug spray or some sort of organic (neem) for the leaves. You need to do it at the same time to break the life cycle. :nomo:

You probably can, the dunks are just BTi cultures that poison the various insects that eat them. After foliar spray, they are minding their own business until some insect comes along and eats something (your leaves) that they are on. Once in the gullet of the insect, there outer shell dissolves releasing a toxic protein. Only insects with basic (high pH) digestive enzymes are affected. Birds, animals etc have acidic enzymes so are immune to BTi.

Just another note on using BTi (mosquito dunks and bits) when using as a foliar spray, do just before dark as light will kill the bacteria and preferably, if using outdoors, stay away from any plants that bees are visiting as BTi will kill them too and their numbers have not been great the past few years.
I use dunks or bits in almost every watering (with my nutes.) Great easy harmless way to do pest control.

Back
Top Bottom