Most efficient use of entire plant!

Smoky da bear

Hey guys I'm a somewhat rookie. I've used these forums before to grow some amazing stuff. Now, I know I'm late to the party but I just made cannabutter for the first time and it's got me curious about the best and most efficient way of making the most of every part of the plant. Be it butters or oils. Maybe shatter or vape cartridges. I'm having a hard time finding expert knowledge.

Hey guys I'm a somewhat rookie. I've used these forums before to grow some amazing stuff. Now, I know I'm late to the party but I just made cannabutter for the first time and it's got me curious about the best and most efficient way of making the most of every part of the plant. Be it butters or oils. Maybe shatter or vape cartridges. I'm having a hard time finding expert knowledge.
I keep bud for smoke. I split my good trim up and save it. With the trim I make wax/shatter and also infused coconut oil or butter for cookies etc. I make vape juice from using some of my wax as the main ingredient because its potent enough to make great powerful vape juice that can run through not only vape pens but all out box mods.
Been doing all of the above for a few years now. My vape juice mix ratio is 1gr of wax or shatter to every 1.2ml of the vape oil. I cannot say what I use for the oil here because they are not a sponsor but you can make it in many flavors or unflavored. I've tried many oil mixes and only 1 and I mean only 1 gives perfect results every time

So many different ways to use everything. As long as you use it the how or what is up to you. I have found my Ice Hash is almost as good as my Shatter and Wax and tons easier to deal with. I use flower for smoking then make oil for edibles with the trim. All the indicas go to edibles I make Ice Hash with the others.

Ok. This is what I was hoping for. I've only ever used the buds from a plant. Just threw everything else away. Now, I would love to be able make wax or whatever it is in vape cartridges. I have no idea about how to make anything besides butter using bud. And I've only done it once but I believe I got a good idea of how to do it better next time. Can someone tell me a rough estimate ratio for trim for making butter? Or a breakdown of what is most useful for making what? I've got 1 in flower and 1 in veg. Firat time I've grown in a long while. I want to make the most of it.

sweetsue is there any psychoactive benefits to saving the veg leaves? during certain points in the grow i have defoliated fan leaves to uncover bud sites, was wondering is there any thc worth saving them in the freezer to mix into a butter batch with the flowering sugar leaves later on?

I know a number of members that use trim to make oils and butters Hdinkleman, but that trim usually contains some small buds too. I’ve saved fans and turned them into oil for topicals and it was so dark and smelled so strong that it was basically unusable in our prohibitive society. Maybe others have more success.

The THC value of fans is always going to be very low compared to other areas. Back in my lean days we smoked fans and got high, just not high in the same way. It’s not something I hope to ever do again.

I personally think fans make excellent worm food and compost additions. :laughtwo: They can also be frozen to use in juicing adventures, though to be honest, that’s hard to get down.

You’re welcome notechvapor. :hug: I’ve been experimenting with picture tutorials.

If you’re truly looking to get the most psychoactivity out of your plants I’d recommend two particular threads:

The low and slo thread will teach you to dry in a way that preserves more terpenes, and it’s terpenes that drive the action of cannabinoids. In plain speak, it’s the terpenes that determine the type of high you’ll have. We think it makes sense to save as many as possible during the critical drying phase when so many are usually lost to the breezes of our drying tents.

Tangwena’s cobbing technique will give you the most psychoactive bang for your buck, bar none. Once you look over the thread you’ll understand. :battingeyelashes: Our real-life experience is hard to resist. Cobbing not only takes psychoactivity to new levels, it makes the smoke so smooth it’ll surprise you every time. :laughtwo:

Hope that helps. :meditate:

Ok. This is what I was hoping for. I've only ever used the buds from a plant. Just threw everything else away. Now, I would love to be able make wax or whatever it is in vape cartridges. I have no idea about how to make anything besides butter using bud. And I've only done it once but I believe I got a good idea of how to do it better next time. Can someone tell me a rough estimate ratio for trim for making butter? Or a breakdown of what is most useful for making what? I've got 1 in flower and 1 in veg. Firat time I've grown in a long while. I want to make the most of it.

I've never made butter, but the ratio I use for tincture is 11-13 grams whole fresh dried, decarbed 17454081745409174541017454111745412 bud to 8 oz. Everclear. After trichomes are stripped, I reduce to 4 oz. I use 2ml a night along with half gram of the stripped bud mixed w/ yogurt 2hr. before bedtime and I be trippin yo'

Back
Top Bottom