Mostly Blue, But Other Stuff Too

Spitz

I’ve got the Blueberry bug. I’ll be growing out 20+ seeds of BB to find a keeper. Unfortunately, I only have 2 tents (each 2x4) so they will be done a couple at a time. Because variety is the “spice of life”, I will sneak in some other strains here and there. I will Typically run these 11/13 from seed.

Lights are Mars SP 250 in one tent and a Budget LED 350W red spectrum in the other at 11on/13off.

Mostly coco with megacrop. GH Flora for DWC. I’ll be cooking some supersoil when I find an aromatic possible mother. We’ll have some ebb and flow too. Its a hobby, right?

I welcome old friends, those that pass by infrequently, and anybody that just wants to hang. I don’t do things “by the book”. There is lots of room for criticism. I dont take very good notes and rarely know what day of the week it is so things tend to run away on me. I find a journal is a good place for keeping Things on track.

Here is the focus for the next year or two... I’ll introduce the current ladies shortly.

DA7D5F70-F47B-4178-80D3-2CE00E2060FB.jpeg

This tent was on 18/6 for a RDWC project that went terribly bad. The pants from left to right are a THSeeds Bubblegum clone, A Dutch Passion Fem Blueberry, Alaskan Purple Fem, and a Reg GDP I made from Ken mother and father. I’ll likely flip tomorrow after potting up the BB and AK Purp. Cuttings have been taken already.

The flower tent has 2 Sweet Seeds Red Mandarin 12/12 from seed and a bubblegum. The 2 DWC plants are bubblegum clones as well.

EA2ACC17-4086-4AA5-BA0C-9B34A36066E6.jpeg

C5EFA77B-B1D0-4E5F-BB29-3FFD85CDF294.jpeg

i dropped 2 DJ Blueberry seeds. One is above ground already. Hopefully the other shows it’s head in a couple days. My seed starting/ veg area is in my bedroom closet. No tent, no filter... It’s just a 250W light on a couple yoyos running 24/7. The clones are from the Dutch Passion BB1. Mom is the one on the left and will have night 1 of 11/13 tonight. The other plants in there are a Alaskan Purple, Grand Daddy Purple, and a Bubblegum clone that will get tossed. The GDP will flower long enough to be sexed. Not sure it’s fate after that. There is also a Dr Grinspoon seedling. That will go clone to clone to flowering clone. I don’t have the room for runaway sativas. I failed miserably with a DWC auto run. The last plug showing its helmet is a Zkittles auto. It’s going to be another DWC attempt.

017C1B6C-88E1-4A3A-B407-2926EEA6ABA7.jpeg

CADEF978-1908-4C0E-B258-C8B6509FCFA9.jpeg

I’ve got the Blueberry bug. I’ll be growing out 20+ seeds of BB to find a keeper. Unfortunately, I only have 2 tents (each 2x4) so they will be done a couple at a time. Because variety is the “spice of life”, I will sneak in some other strains here and there. I will Typically run these 11/13 from seed.

Lights are Mars SP 250 in one tent and a Budget LED 350W red spectrum in the other at 11on/13off.

Mostly coco with megacrop. GH Flora for DWC. I’ll be cooking some supersoil when I find an aromatic possible mother. We’ll have some ebb and flow too. Its a hobby, right?

I welcome old friends, those that pass by infrequently, and anybody that just wants to hang. I don’t do things “by the book”. There is lots of room for criticism. I dont take very good notes and rarely know what day of the week it is so things tend to run away on me. I find a journal is a good place for keeping Things on track.

Here is the focus for the next year or two... I’ll introduce the current ladies shortly.

DA7D5F70-F47B-4178-80D3-2CE00E2060FB.jpeg
I’m in, I’m gonna grow out five of those BB myself next grow , 5 grape Krush throwback as well

The other 2x4 holds a couple 11/13 from seed Red Mandarin and a few of Bubblegum. The Red Mandarins just started to show some purple. I think they’ll be pretty buds in a couple of weeks. I‘ve ran a few Sweet varieties and it looks like the first ones I’ll get with the slight purple tones. The previous ones were completely purple (Like black berries). They smell fantastic.. the darker of the two smells of grape, berries, and black licorice. The green is straight lemon citrus chemical cleaner.

6CC1EC62-8095-4E7F-97A4-51C9ADD5A22B.jpeg

AF2EBB2E-1EB3-4C58-9746-FE2EF2B36A3B.jpeg

Not a lot to report. The biggest reason for the post is the dropping of a White Widow and 2 more DJ BBerry seeds. I had 2 that never sprouted. The White Widow will go 11/13 from seed. The Dutch Passion BB clones have rooted. Mom is in the tent and hasn’t shown yet.

The Blueberry is on the left. She’s got that Sawtooth leaf look When new leafs form. I hear this may be a good trait in the BBs. I hope so. She’s on the left.

The veg area: Nothing too cool. A Dr Grinspoon and DJBB2 in SOLOs. I was tinkering with PH in the DWC bucket and a drop of PH down landed on the BB. It was a much larger clusterfuck than a drop landing in a cup on top of a bucket. I’ll spare you the details. Anyway.. did everything I could to wash off the acid without getting it into the cup Followed by a 15 minute rinse under the faucet. I’m not sure how I feel about it. The veg area:

Flower tent 2. The Red Mandarin girls are a couple weeks out. They got a flush with a standard GH flowering blend at about 800ppm. Changed from MCrop as I had some lockout signs. Watered to runoff and checked the ppms at 4500. Ouch. Watered the next day to runoff and 4500 ppms. Damn! I’m not going to blame any nutrients.lol. They’ll finish fine. Guessing 1-2 weeks for the red one and 2-3 for the green. They’re pretty fat buds. I’m guessing 2.5-3.5 ounces off each. Not bad for a no mercy run. Bubblegum in the back left is starting to frost up. Bubblegums in DWC had roots turn brown overnight. I did a reservoir change yesterday. They got extra SLR100. We’ll see??

C91A7142-9924-460E-8337-4BFA85AD70A8.jpeg

peace peeps!

Sorry about some of my pics in the previous post. I likely made a mistake when posting. I’ll post later this weekend, but I might need some help...

@Weaselcracker Is this rot? My RH is around 30 and I’ve never had to deal with it before. I only found the 1 spot on a lower bud. I don’t want to take her down as she’s just now starting to put out some character.

C3F4DFB1-C6A3-4549-B8F3-D591C3641796.jpeg

If it is, I may have some more questions on mitigating techniques. As mentioned, she’s just coming into her own. Getting some nice pink pistils starting to throw. This is the green Red Mandarin that smells of lemon citrus.
FE1E639D-3706-4F73-877D-193F0CF027D0.jpeg

The darker Red Mandarin stinking of berries and black licorice girl is going to come down after extended darkness this weekend. Ive plucked a few ”nanners” of her the last couple of days. I tossed both their clones.

D0FB2615-8101-4874-936D-775247ACD868.jpeg
CA2495D7-286E-4221-8095-BFD318F6DB01.jpeg

I’ll grab pics of DPBB1 in flower and DJBB2,3,&4 are above ground in the veg closet. The White Widow broke ground yesterday and is already in the flower tent.
Peace peeps!

@GoogleGenie They are white as snow right now. I’ll be doing a res change tonight and grab a pic. I fear they’ll be brown again by Sunday. I’ll post some plant pics too. Thanks for stopping by.
If there is no smell and no slime then I wouldn't worry too much. Definitely doing the right thing by giving Hydroguard, as well as helping with rot, it's an awesome bennie.

Out of curiosity what nutrient strength are you running in DWC?

@GoogleGenie I am far from classifying anything I do in water as “running in DWC” Lol. My nutrient mix is a general GH Flora currently for transition at about 650ppm.

My biggest reason for making this run was a comparison. I’ve got Bubblegum clones in there right now. I’ve run this Bubblegum girl a couple of times. It’s great smoke and covered in frost, but very small buds. The DWC is for me to understand just how much nutrient feeding matters. If they run well in DWC, I know it’s genetics. Well, that or light or a thousand other environmental variables.

Is this rot?

It could be. It’s hard to tell from photos but I do sometimes get a sort of ‘dry mould’ which happens in low humidity. The buds remain perfectly preserved except the affected areas turn very pale yellow or white. But the crystals remain intact and everything dried to become very crispy.

If it’s regular budrot/botrytis it will make the problem area feel a bit slimy.

Anyway I wouldn’t panic about it. Just keep an eye on it and keep some airflow going. I never could figure out what dry version of the mould is but it only preys on the weakest.

@GoogleGenie I am far from classifying anything I do in water as “running in DWC” Lol. My nutrient mix is a general GH Flora currently for transition at about 650ppm.
Looks like you're doing a pretty good job so far mate :thumb: Perhaps a touch high on the nutrient level, but if it's working and you aren't seeing any adverse effects in terms of toxicities and burn then go with it, environment can have quite an effect on nutrient strength. Was pleasantly surprised to see you running on the medium/low side.

Keep an eye out for Dark Green and shiny leaves - this could be a good indication that you might be over feeding. The reason i asked about nutrient strength is because high strength solution can often stain roots.

Make sure you're getting plenty of oxygen to those roots too :peace:
My biggest reason for making this run was a comparison. I’ve got Bubblegum clones in there right now. I’ve run this Bubblegum girl a couple of times. It’s great smoke and covered in frost, but very small buds. The DWC is for me to understand just how much nutrient feeding matters. If they run well in DWC, I know it’s genetics. Well, that or light or a thousand other environmental variables.
DWC is a fun medium, but it can be a headache, especially at first.

Hey brother. Hope all is well! Should have a decent update when I can get some time this weekend. Harvested a gorgeous Red Mandarin. Will have pics in week or 2. I have about 1/3 of her in the fridge trying the low/slow dry. Ive got 3 DJ Blueberry plants above ground. They have beautiful Colors at their 1st set of leaves. All 3 have it and I haven’t seen anything quite like it. That said, my solo cup veg game needs work! Lol.

Ill swing over soon and check things out... peace!

Here is the vegetative “area”. There are 3 DJ BB regs above ground (Left). They are going to have some great color I do believe. Im hoping for at least 2 females. There are 2 clones (top right) of the mother Dutch Passion Blueberry currently starting flower. The single lady is a Dr. Grinspoon seed that will go clone-clone-flower.
C7FBDB1D-D4D7-4089-B4AE-0C724C06B2FD.jpeg

BEB0997B-35F1-4A3E-9D70-C02EC5BC3959.png

Flower Tent 1 under the Budget LED 350W has 2 DWC Bubblegum clones and another clone in coco. The coco lady is about 2 weeks out. These Bubblegum ladies are frosty and very fast in flower. Great smoke but small on yields. I flowered her last clone and will let her go as Although great, it isn’t anything “Bubblegum“. The girl that looks like she survived a blast is my last Red Mandarin. She was another 11/13 from seed that I’m going to guess 4+ ounces on. She had minimal pruning and only a cropped top for training. She started 24hrs of darkness this morning.
C0062998-C2A2-4798-8E42-593CF3C9F144.jpeg
BA5D4BE7-5E22-4504-B115-D965A57E9E1C.jpeg
BFBA839C-66D5-44FD-877D-D56894496E5E.jpeg
241022FC-F15C-4E91-B450-AF0A74396D3C.jpeg
C0062998-C2A2-4798-8E42-593CF3C9F144.jpeg

The 2nd flower tent under an SP250 has the DP Blueberry, Alaskan Purple, GDP, and White Widow from seed. The Blueberry is starting to flower. She was topped and gets lightly spread out each time I see her. The GDP is about 4” tall, topped, and on its 8th node. Itsbeen 2 weeks of 11/13 and I still haven’t sexed it. It’s a weird plant.
7CD87BD7-115B-438F-84C6-011BECA37643.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom