Motafina Fall 2019: Hulkberry, Damnesia, Jack Herrer, Gelato OG

MotaFina

Starting a new journal for Fall 2019. This will be my sixth grow journal. Here's the rundown:

Strains: All feminized and all purchased from Seedsman

Strain NameBreederIndica/Sativa Ratio% THC Content Flowering weeks
Jack HerrerSeedsman50/50?18-238-10
HulkberryRoyal Queen Seeds35/65289-10
DamnesiaStrain Hunters40/60High9-10
Gelat.OGSeedsmanMostly Indica258-9

Lighting:
Seedling - CFLs
Veg - 400w MH with supplemental CFLs
Flower - 1000w HPS with supplemental CFLs

Grow Media:
Supersoil mix - based on Subcool's recipe, composed of about 50% recharged used soil and Coast of Maine Stonington Blend with ammendments

Pots:
7-gal fabric

Nutrients:
Amended supersoil, compost teas, and Nectar for the Gods

Ventilation:
2 x 6-inch inline fans for air exchange and extraction. Carbon filter for smell will be hooked up about week 4 of flowering.

Status: seeds are started and all four have popped in the last 2-3 days. I'll post a picture later.

Here's pictures of the new seedlings:

Damnesia and Gelat.OG

Hulkberry and Jack Herrer

These are in a seedling soil mix I make up with the Stonington Blend and perlite. They're sitting about 2-3 inches below 4x26w 5000K CFLs

Subbing early here, pleased to be in on this @MotaFina.
Great detail and obvious experience showing through.
Whats the ppan for yoir girls, any particular training or au natural?

Also whats the deal with the Damnesia, your fav by any chance or just too many beans kicking around?
:thumb:

Nice. I want to give coast of Maine a try. I'll be watching this grow.

Welcome, stONER! Thanks for looking.

I love the Coast of Maine Stonington Blend and their lobster compost. I use the lobster compost to rejuvenate my soil from the last batch. Great stuff.

Whats the ppan for yoir girls, any particular training or au natural?

Also whats the deal with the Damnesia, your fav by any chance or just too many beans kicking around?

Hi Wankir!

For training these girls, I'll probably attempt the quadline. My quad attempts have had mixed results, mostly just from my inexperience. But it seems like the most logical method for nice yields.

Damnesia is my wife's favorite strain. And she burns a lot so I gotta keep one in the tent always. The others are just for me to play around with....to see if we can find another keeper.

He'll yeah Mota....

Hey Sparkey....nice cat....we have the same one!

I might throw one or two of these plants into 10 gal pots if I have enough soil. I'm growing tomatoes in pots right now and with tomatoes it's really easy to see how much difference the pot size makes. Definitely can grow bigger plants in bigger pots.

I'm planning on up-potting 3 times. First to 1-gal plastic, then to 3-gal plastic, then to either 7- or 10-gal fabric. I'm trying to get a really full root ball.

So you ran the coast of maine before in flower?

Yes, I've run it twice now. I start out the grows in pure Stonington Blend. When I up-pot to 3-gal, I'll put some of my supersoil in the bottom of the pot below the Stonington. Then with the big pot, I'll do about 1/2 Stonington and 1/2 supersoil. I haven't tried running just the Stonington all the way through, but Coast of Maine says it's formulated for cannabis and could be used like a supersoil.

Time for an update. I'm at 11 days from seed now. I'll call it day 7 of veg. The girls are doing fine. Right now, I'm running 4x26w 5000K CFLs 24/7 with a single fan blowing just to move air in the tent. Here's some pictures:

I transplanted the Hulkberry and the Damnesia tonight, into 1 gallon containers with a mixture of my supersoil, Stonington Blend, and extra perlite. I might have been a couple of days early as the roots weren't fully encircling the pot yet. So I'll hold off a couple more days for the other two.

I've also added 4 more CFLs. Total of 8 CFLs now for about 200 watts. And I'm still running them 24/7. After the next two transplants, I'll probably put a timer on to drop it to 18/6. And then a few days or a week later I'll add in the 400w MH bulb and start running the intake fan.

These girls are growing like crazy. They're probably a week ahead of my last grow at this point.

Pics to be posted in a day or two.

I transplanted the Gelat.OG and Jack Herrer. All plants are now in 1-gallon pots. They're all are looking good at this point. There's some leaf-edge curling on a couple leaves, but nothing too extreme. Here's pics:

Next tasks will be to put them on a timer and then install the Metal Halide light. I think they'll be ready for their first topping in about a week.

18 days from seed - 14 days Veg: Yesterday I put the lights and intake fan on a timer. It's set to run from 2 PM to 8 AM (18/6...down from 24/0).

The plants are already growing out their sixth node, so tonight I'll top them all down to 4 nodes. I would have done it last night, but I was ripped! In my too-stoned state, I felt bad for the plants....they looked so good, I couldn't bring myself to cut them!

You’re gonna love the J Herer. She’s a tall lanky one that smells and taste amazing!
I’m getting close to harvest.
994FFBF2-89AC-49F2-B463-FE5BAD1EBF74.jpeg

1511937A-A586-4618-A247-D62E17E8FA8B.jpeg

6E98F7F7-5856-4DE0-A8EB-EFA67F3FF14D.jpeg

0C50A27D-E296-416B-BDD7-967ABCB0B5CB.jpeg

13DEC791-C213-45EE-8BFC-ED9F8927CE4B.jpeg

E6A0F7B3-5337-4407-9A77-E851EDF6F94E.jpeg

On the left and you can see the other ones flower closer to the fan on the right.
2E9E5F5F-A94C-4C2A-9780-2D6CEC0D8DB5.jpeg

You’re gonna love the J Herer. She’s a tall lanky one that smells and taste amazing!
I’m getting close to harvest.

Hi Adam! Wow...those buds look amazing! You're room setup is impressive too. How long do you think you'll have JH in flower?

I'm awaiting the Hulkberry, since i just dropped a few quid on that one (and couple others too).
High yield and a mental THX level, I'm stoked to have that on its way from RQS...
They all look good in their 1g pots, MotaF', in fact they all look like they growing outta those before they get going..!
:thumb:

Hi Adam! Wow...those buds look amazing! You're room setup is impressive too. How long do you think you'll have JH in flower?
Appreciate that!
I flipped July 4th, started seeing pistols on the 10th, so I count tomorrow as the start of week 7... maybe another week or two left. I’m still seeing fresh pistols popping out and we’re only half cloudy from what I saw yesterday.

Says it’s 7-9 weeks so I’m on schedule.

I pulled the SCROG off a few weeks ago, so they were shook up a bit. There grow like a vine in SCROG, got way out of control.

These are the two last night...
0FA228D0-A8DB-4CDC-B9B0-D51CBCBCB83B.jpeg

When I pulled the SCROG and added support.

097150DF-4F2B-4C1D-8DBB-D29D1E81BA28.jpeg

I'm awaiting the Hulkberry, since i just dropped a few quid on that one (and couple others too).
High yield and a mental THX level, I'm stoked to have that on its way from RQS...
They all look good in their 1g pots, MotaF', in fact they all look like they growing outta those before they get going..!

Yeah the Hulkberry seed was expensive. I only got one seed so I'm glad it popped up so quick and is healthy so far. I hope it lives up to the hype.

Back
Top Bottom