Motafina: Master Kush & Bubblegun, Indoor, Supersoil, 3rd Grow

I'll probably drop the CFLs more to the sides once I get all the males culled and the plants get a little bigger. They look bigger in the pictures than they really are. The Master Kush #1 is really bushy...hard to get any light into the middle of it. Trying to figure out what to do there.

Dropping the cfls should help get light to the middle. That and maybe defo a fan leaf or two. Or tuck them. Iv been trying to tuck them more this grow and less defoliating.

I thought about adding some CFLs to my tent for some side lighting and "extra attention" lighting. I have all the stuff to do it. Im not really sure as I sit here and type, why I dont or havent. One of the best plants Iv grown.. At least potency, taste and smell wise. Was grown strictly under CFLs. It was a Delicious Candy plant. A straight 2 toke. Not that bullshit exaggerated like back in the day shit, When people would say...Oh its 2 toke. Its 2 toke. And its really 4 or 5 toke. Good weed. But NOT actual 2 toke. THIS shit was ACTUAL 2 toke. Now Im a pothead so of course I would hit it 3 or 4. But the shit would last almost 2 long. I like to smoke, but this shit would keep you ripped so long that you "want" to smoke. Youd like to smoke. But your just still too high to get any benefits from it. Anyway. Id love to get some more of those beans but I got that one as a freebie and when I went to buy some more they were just too high. But theres something about that strain. Its super relaxing and VERY good sleep med. Not the best daytime smoke lol.

Anyway. Im rambling. Im gonna try and read some of your older completed journals when I get time. Are they are Super soil?

Anyway. Im rambling. Im gonna try and read some of your older completed journals when I get time. Are they are Super soil?

My first recent grow was not in super soil and it was not what I'd consider a successful grow. Lots of problems on that grow, including a hermy, seeded buds and some kind of lockout or deficiency that I was never able to fix.

The second grow was in super soil and was very successful. ONE hit shit (for me....I'm a real lightweight!)

It's not official yet, but I was using a magnifier on my big beautiful Master Kush plant, and it's looking like a male. There's little pods starting to show as preflowers. Ugh...so bummed! I had high hopes for that plant. I still have another MK straggler, so there's still hope for a female MK.

Update - Day 32 - Day 19 of veg

Ok, so a few things to report. I just transplanted to 3-gal pots. I used full strength supersoil with a light mix of EJ dry mychorizae "grow". I transplanted Master Kush #1, Bubblegun #1 and Bubblegun #2. Bubblegun #3 is definitely a male and has been culled. Master Kush #2 and Humboldt are still a week off from needing transplant. They will probably both be topped in a day or two. I've also dropped the plants to floor level and turned on the circulating fan you can see behind the plants.

Here's the photos from today:

Here's the whole crew before transplanting:

Master Kush #1:

Bubblegun #1 - What an awesome plant!

Bubblegun #2:

Male:

Post-transplant shots:

Plans going forward are to top the two stragglers in the next couple of days and start doing some training on the branches on the bigger plants. At the rate the bigger ones are growing I'll probably be topping them again in about a week.
They look absolutely beautiful!

Yeah, and just now I was looking at my other undetermined plant, Bubblegun #2, and I think I might be seeing male pods on there too....damn! Still not official, but I'll be watching those two like a hawk for the next few days.

If those two go male, that leaves me with just the one mutant female Bubblegun. Plus I have one more Master Kush and a bagseed plant that are not showing sex yet.

Man I hope I don't end up with just a single mutant plant in flower!

Yeah, and just now I was looking at my other undetermined plant, Bubblegun #2, and I think I might be seeing male pods on there too....damn! Still not official, but I'll be watching those two like a hawk for the next few days..

If those two go male, that leaves me with just the one mutant female Bubblegun. Plus I have one more Master Kush and a bagseed plant that are not showing sex yet.

Man I hope I don't end up with just a single mutant plant in flower!
Dam bro I'm sorry. I really hope they aren't male! Mutants usually do the best for some reason. Hahah

Update - Day 39 from seed - Day 26 of veg:

Plants are doing great at this point. I'm still using only treated tap water - no nutes. I've culled one male and I'm starting to suspect that I have two more males beginning to show preflowers.

Here's some photos:

Here's Master Kush #1 - this is one bushy plant!

full

Here's a shot of one of the nodes where I'm thinking I'm seeing male preflowers. I'm looking through a jewlers loupe, so magnification of 10x I think, and seeing a little round pod in there.

full

Here's Bubblegun #1 - confirmed female plant with trilateral branching. So with four nodes, I've got 12 branches. After topping those, I should have 24 tops on this plant.

full

And here's side view of Bubblegun #1:

full

Bubblegun #2 - another suspected male plant:

full

And here's Master Kush #2 - about a week and a half behind:

full

Side View:
full

And lastly, here's the Humboldt bagseed:

full

Next up will be transplanting the two stragglers into 3-gal pots, and a 2nd round of topping on whatever of the bigger plants don't end up getting culled.

Master Kush is not being good to me. First, only 2 of 5 seeds germinated. And now, both of those two appear to be showing male preflowers.....

Still, I'm happy that I have two female Bubblegun plants to go into flower. And the sex of the Humboldt bagseed is not yet determined.

Today I did a second topping of the two female Bubbleguns.

Next up will be transplanting them to 10-gal pots.

Master Kush look like they'll be culled and the Humboldt plant is still undetermined.

I think I'll need to veg the Bubbleguns another 2 weeks, then transplant, wait another week, then flip. I may start adding in some nutes pretty soon too, although the plants clearly are not deficient.

Update - Day 45 from seed - Day 32 of veg

Things are still going well. I watered yesterday and gave the plants their first nutrients. I gave them a 1/2 strength feeding of Nectar For the Gods mid veg schedule.

Here's photos from today:

Tent shot with the whole gang:

Bubblegun #1 - top view - then side view. This one is confirmed female and is a mutant, displaying trilateral branching. I read that this is a common mutation (phenotype??) in South American sativas. That would jibe with the genetics. Bubblegum was a cross of Mexican, Columbian and Afghan. The plant is a monster, almost twice the size of the other plants.

Bubblegun #2:

Bubblegun #1 on left, Bubblegun #2 on right - apologies for blurry photo:

Master Kush #1 - This one is a mystery. I first saw male preflowers. Now I'm seeing the triangle shaped preflowers that typically sprout two hairs to indicate female. Hermy??

Master Kush #2: Looking more male all the time

And finally, the Humboldt bag seed. This one is starting to look female. This was intended as a back up plant in case I only ended up with one female going into flower. I'm very afraid of getting hermies from bag seed.

Nice healthy looking plants at this point. They're starting to put out some odor now. I'll probably fire up the extraction fan in a week or so.

One more shot....This is the preflowers on Master Kush #2. They look like a round pod on a slender stalk. I'm pretty sure we're looking at a male here.

The stipules are to the right of the preflowers. The preflowers are growing right up out of the node, next to the new branches. From my experience, the female preflowers have a more triangular shape, which elongates and then one or two hairs emerge out the top.

Everything looking so green in there. Great except for the possible male......boo. Unless you want pollen, then yay.

Update - Day 53 from seed - Day 40 of veg

Yesterday, I transplanted Bubblegun #1 to a 10-gal smart pot, and Bubblegun #2 to a 10-gal plastic pot. Soil is straight up supersoil, with a light addition of Earth Juice dry 'Bloom' michorizae fertilizer.

I still have no solid evidence of sex on the Master Kush and the Humboldt bag seed. Master Kush has displayed what look like both male and female preflowers, so I'm not feeling too good about that one. The Humboldt plant is showing what look like female preflowers, but still no pistils on any of them. The legal limit for 'mature' plants here is 2, so I will most likely go into flower with just the two Bubbleguns. The goal is to pull 8 ounces off each plant.

Here's a few photos:

Update - Day 60 from seed - Day 45 of veg

My weekly update! Still vegging here. Here's what I've done over the past week:
  • I pulled out the remaining Master Kush plant. I was seeing both male and female preflowers on it.
  • Yesterday I transplanted the Humboldt bagseed to a 7-gal plastic pot
  • I've started feeding 1/2 strength Nectar for the Gods on every other watering
  • Today, I started some mild defoliation on the lowest branches and cleared out a couple large fans that were blocking light to some of the tops.
The plants are still looking very healthy...no deficiencies or toxicity. They're not as vigorous as I'd like, but I think they're ready to go into flower. The plan going forward:
  • Begin applying Bloom Khoas in a foliar spray with all feedings until I switch to bloom schedule
  • Flip to 12/12 on Sunday, May 6th
  • Continue to feed veg nutrients for the first two weeks of 12/12, increasing the dosage to near full strength
  • Continue with metal halide light for the first two weeks of 12/12
  • Switch to bloom nutrient schedule and HPS light on 5/20
  • Ramp up to full strength Bloom schedule
Here's some photos from today:

First a couple shots of the tent:

Bubblegun #1:

Bubblegun #2:

Humboldt bagseed:

Update - Day 67 from seed - Day 2 of 12/12

I finally flipped 'em to 12/12 yesterday! I'm a little worried about headroom. The 1000w HPS runs much hotter than the 400w MH, so I'll need to raise the hood much higher and somehow contain the stretch.

I changed to a feed, feed, tea schedule for now. Once I get to flower, I'll probably drop the tea and just do plain water with SLF 100.

Here's some (crappy) photos:

Tent:

Bubblegun #2:

Bubblegun #1:

Humboldt:

Back
Top Bottom