MotaFina's Winter Garden 2019: Liberty Haze, Damnesia, Royal Cookies & Critical

I'm starting up a compost tea for the next watering. I'm adding a cup of EWC, 1 TBSP kelp meal, some Big Foot mycorrhizae, molasses, and Cultured Biologics EZ tea to two gallons dechlorinated water, then bubbling for 24-36 hours.

My Damnesia plant suffered a serious injury last night. I was tying down the two top branches to control the stretch and the plant split right in the center-top. It split down about 1 1/2 inches. I quickly started grabbing stuff to try to tie it back together and I managed to secure it pretty well using some twine. I hope it works out ok. The Damnesia is my wife's favorite strain, so I really don't want to lose it!!

Here's a look at my latest batch of bubble hash. This comes from sugar leaf and popcorn buds from "4th Grow" and a couple ounces of the Bubblegun from "3rd Grow". Looks like I should get 12-15 grams total. Smells wonderful!

Homemade Bubble Hash

Update - Day 90 from seed - Day 25 of 12/12 - Day 17 of flowering:

We're beginning week 3 of flowering. So far, so good. The biggest problem, and it's not too big, is that I've got two smaller and slower growing indica plants in plastic pots, and two faster, bigger sativa-dom plants in fabric. The fabric pots are drying out in about two days now, while the plastic are taking about four. So, I'm needing to water/feed them on different schedules. Makes a little more work for me.

The split on the Damnesia doesn't seem to have slowed her down. I'll need to keep it bandaged for a couple more weeks to be safe. Maybe just leave the bandage on throughout. Here's a picture of the break:

Other than those two concerns, all is good. More pictures below.

First a couple of budlets on the Damnesia:

RQS Critical - doing fabulous:

Liberty Haze - this plant is really sensitive - some leaf curl showing and I haven't figured out the problem yet. The buds are developing great at this point. Could be some heat stress or maybe she needs more frequent watering.

I'm still alternating light feedings of Nectar for the Gods and House & Garden, then throwing in a tea and flush. Flush comes next. Flush is just plain water with some molasses and Herculean Harvest added.

Update - Day 90 from seed - Day 25 of 12/12 - Day 17 of flowering:

We're beginning week 3 of flowering. So far, so good. The biggest problem, and it's not too big, is that I've got two smaller and slower growing indica plants in plastic pots, and two faster, bigger sativa-dom plants in fabric. The fabric pots are drying out in about two days now, while the plastic are taking about four. So, I'm needing to water/feed them on different schedules. Makes a little more work for me.

The split on the Damnesia doesn't seem to have slowed her down. I'll need to keep it bandaged for a couple more weeks to be safe. Maybe just leave the bandage on throughout. Here's a picture of the break:

Other than those two concerns, all is good. More pictures below.

First a couple of budlets on the Damnesia:

RQS Critical - doing fabulous:

Liberty Haze - this plant is really sensitive - some leaf curl showing and I haven't figured out the problem yet. The buds are developing great at this point. Could be some heat stress or maybe she needs more frequent watering.

I'm still alternating light feedings of Nectar for the Gods and House & Garden, then throwing in a tea and flush. Flush comes next. Flush is just plain water with some molasses and Herculean Harvest added.
Liberty Haze
Her buds can get huge. Just dried mine and i think she will be my biggest yielded in this grow. Their buds are amazing when finished

Liberty Haze
Her buds can get huge. Just dried mine and i think she will be my biggest yielded in this grow. Their buds are amazing when finished

Wow! Those look potent!

Your grow is commin along nicely Mota I've grown Liberty Haze in the past and it's one of my favorites

Thanks SOG! Barney's Farm says LH should be done in 8-9 weeks, but I've read some journals where they let it go 11+ weeks. What is your experience?

Thanks SOG! Barney's Farm says LH should be done in 8-9 weeks, but I've read some journals where they let it go 11+ weeks. What is your experience?
if I remember right it finished up around 8 or 8 1/2 weeks I usually check trichromes to achieve the effect I like

Wow! Those look potent!
have wobbled me already. lol
i am glad i waited till the trichs ambered more. she was a dream to grow and tastes so sweet as the days pass. still finishing drying her off because a few buds still slightly bendy . hopefully today will be trim up day.
you wont regret using this strain i assure you

Some photos from last night - day 22 of flowering:

Tent shot (Critical removed):

Liberty Haze - branches are already starting to sag from the bud weight. I'm going to have to support them soon:

Damnesia - nice and healthy - just cruising along:

RQS Critical - not a lot of trichomes yet. I'm hoping it's just coming in late:

And finally Royal Cookies - problem child - not even sure why I'm growing this. Nobody seems to like it....too stoney or something:

I just gave them NFTG nutes after a flush. So next up will be a H&G feeding then aerated compost tea.

Update - Day 100 from seed - Day 36 of 12/12 - Day 28 of flowering

I fed them AACT last night. I messed up though and mixed in untreated tap water with the tea. I hope I didn't kill off the micros that I so carefully cultivated with chlorine/chloramine.

Here's some photos:

Tent shot:

RQS Critical:

Royal Cookies - starting to see the swollen calyxes I saw on the last grow:

Liberty Haze:

Damnesia:

Bud:

I think I'm going to drop the H&G nutes and stick with the NFTG only. I dropped by the local grow shop to pick up NFTG bottles (Gaia and Athena's) and they threw in a freebie of Medusa's Magic, so I have enough of everything to complete this grow. Nothing against H&G, but they're obviously not organic, and I want to keep the mota as organic as possible. I'll use the H&G on the outdoor flower garden over the summer.

Starting week 5! 4-6 weeks to go!

Update - Day 112 - Day 39 of flowering:

Plants are cruising along. The two sativa-dominants are starting to drop some yellowing leaves from lower branches. Actually the Liberty Haze has been dropping them for a while now. Hopefully, she'll not die off before we get to finish. There definitely some nutrient lockout or something going on with that one. The Damnesia is just starting to yellow down low. The Critical and Royal Cookies are both still green all the way down.

Half way through week 6! I'd say 3-4 weeks to go, maybe 5 for the Damnesia.

Here's photos:

Update - Day 123 from seed - Day 58 of 12/12 - Day 50 since first pistils:

Getting to the home stretch now. I've got to make a decision on the flush/no flush debate. The Critical and the Royal Cookies should finish up first. I'm starting to see some amber on the leaves on the Critical. And the calyxes on the Cookies are swelling up big-time. I need to start checking trichomes with a scope this week. I've started to see some minor tip burn on the Critical so I backed off a little on the PPMs (I'm actually not measuring PPMs - no monitor, but I've started feeding them less). The Liberty Haze and Damnesia are still showing lots of pistils, not swelling up too much yet, so I'm guessing those two still have at least 2 weeks to go.

Here's some photos:

I clipped a Critical bud from an inch or two down from the top and put it under the scope:

It's really close. Mostly cloudy, a few clear and just a few hints of amber. This is an indica dominant plant so I don't want it to go too far to amber. I'm thinking another 5-7 days or so for this one.

The Royal Cookies is looking all cloudy now too....and dense as golf balls. I'll scope that next.

The other two Sativa-dominant are still glassy....just starting to go cloudy. I think the Liberty Haze will finish before the Damnesia.

Update - Day 131 from seed - Day 66 of 12/12 - Day 58 of flowering:

Using a loupe on the Critical, I'm starting to see more amber on the sugar leaves and a few here and there on the calyxes. I'll put a little bud under the scope to confirm, but I'm thinking of harvesting her tomorrow or the next day (day 59 - 60). It's a 7-8 week strain and I'm on day 2 of week 9, so seems about right to the breeders specs.

The Royal Cookies is looking cloudy with no amber and very little clear. So that one is also very close. It's an 8-week strain. It's absolutely coated with trichomes and has a distinctive smell that's hard to describe. I'll probably harvest her at around 9 weeks.

The Liberty Haze is starting to look more cloudy now too. And the Damnesia is still mostly clear. But those two are at the back of the tent so they're hard to get a good look at. I need to put those under the scope.

Here's some pictures of the tent and the plants that I took this morning before lights out:

And here's some pictures of BUDS!

Here's some trichome shots from the Liberty Haze....58 days today, but still a little ways to go. I'm seeing a lot of cloudy, but still some clear, and pretty much zero amber.

Glad I caught you before the harvest! Subbed in and caught up on all your previous grows! Whats your yield expectations?! I'm thinking 20+

Hi Phaaze. Thanks for checking out my journals! They don't get much traffic...

I harvested the Critical 4 days ago and it looks to be about 5 ounces. So yeah, my total for all 4 plants should be in the ballpark of 20 ounces.

I'm planning to harvest the rest over the next week or so.

Here's a shot of the RQS Critical buds hanging out to dry:

Liberty Haze sample bud:

Critical bud:

Hi Phaaze. Thanks for checking out my journals! They don't get much traffic...

I harvested the Critical 4 days ago and it looks to be about 5 ounces. So yeah, my total for all 4 plants should be in the ballpark of 20 ounces.

I'm planning to harvest the rest over the next week or so.

Here's a shot of the RQS Critical buds hanging out to dry:

Liberty Haze sample bud:

Critical bud:

No problem, I enjoyed them & look forward to the 6th! Would look to see you run something "exotic".

Are you a fan of Og's or gassy strains?

Back
Top Bottom