Mother of Berries, M.O.B. Maine Strain

WeedMonkey

I recently started growing Mother of Berries (M.O.B) an indica strain on April 11th, 2017. I germinated using "Fox Farm" soil in a red "Solo Cup" as opposed to the "paper towel" or" leaving seeds in water overnight" methods, that is not to say I think they are inefficient or that I have anything against it I simply have always preferred germinating in soil. My grow is currently being done in a large pantry. As a medical user, the need for any degree of stealth is unnecessary. I have a "Sun Blazer" light by "Sun Systems" My photo period is currently 24-0

In my "Solo Cup" I had made an incision at the bottom for basic drainage and additional holes to allow for increased air flow and better drainage. It has been suggested to me that this is not a great concept as the roots may be drawn to the light and escape through the side holes. While this may be true, I have not experienced issues like this.

After allowing my sprout to develop for about a week I transferred it to a 10 gallon "Smart Pot" containing "Fox Farm" soil combined with sporadic layers of "Coast of Maine: Stonington Blend" Organic plant food that contains lobster meal, kelp, etc. I also use 1 cap per gallon of "Dyna-Grow" liquid plant food. My (current) combined nutrient levels are 12-11-9. I have included photos of the life of the plant since transplant to the date of this post.

I keep a spray bottle handy for a few reasons. 1. General Misting 2. In the event I somehow get nutes on my leaves I can immediately 'cleanse' the area quickly. Spray bottles are also great tools in the event you need to perform a transplant whether it be for an emergency or some other reason. You will notice in one of the photos you see Aluminum foil. I use this for extremely short periods to help boost light reception around the bottom of my plants.

420-magazine-mobile1385562058.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1269859419.jpg

420-magazine-mobile224199892.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1330532745.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1583797337.jpg

420-magazine-mobile24467134.jpg
420-magazine-mobile941637188.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1073314215.jpg

Good idea. I rotate mine as well. Do you plan on topping or doing any lst?

No LST as I have plenty of grow space in a pantry with a high ceiling and decent depth. I will trim parts as necessary but really don't worry much about topping unless it absolutely calls for it.

I've played some classical music for my plants the last few days as I've read that some of the earliest botany studies have shown plants (not specifically weed) can grow bigger and flower earlier. (The response is to the vibrations the various sounds create)

This mornings picture.
420-magazine-mobile701943813.jpg

1st night of flowering. 645 pm to 645am
420-magazine-mobile1460451936.jpg

Forgot to add. I haven't added blossom nutes yet and will likely do on Sunday or Monday. Fed plain distilled water yesterday as a means to reduce to clear and salts from roots and avoid interference from veg state properties. Some I sure would disagree with this but it has worked for me. Will be using Fox Farm Big Bloom.

How many weeks did you veg if you don't mind me asking?

4 weeks and 2 days (on a time crunch) M.O.B is known for growing pretty quickly to begin and with and given my degree of upkeep on it (without "loving it to death") I'm confident I can proceed into flowering with not necessarily the best yield but quality with what I do get.

4 weeks and 2 days (on a time crunch) M.O.B is known for growing pretty quickly to begin and with and given my degree of upkeep on it (without "loving it to death") I'm confident I can proceed into flowering with not necessarily the best yield but quality with what I do get.
I'm interested in witnessing a veg less than 6 weeks since I'm considering doing the same thing with my space restraints. Good luck man

Day 3 of flowering - added 2700K red light to supplement T5 light and concentrated with aluminum foil to control light direction and minimize light waste. Alternating feedings between fox farm big blossom and plain water. Fox farm 4 Tbsp per 1 gallon of distilled water for general feeding.

420-magazine-mobile16366934.jpg

Back
Top Bottom