Mother plants - Please help

CAT345longsti

hi there everybody I ran into some problems 5 weeks into veg I'm trying to make mother plants ...I finished work went over to my buddys and my plants look burned// light is 2 feet above canopy...my buddy told me he fed them with Alaska fish 5-1-1 at half strength ...and in one or two days after this has happened ...im guessing it was from that ...my question is should I still try too keep them for mothers or putem outside or tent to flower them ? I have flushed 3x wid a very very light veg chem 1/5 of reg strength ...they have bounced back and looking happy again but the damage has been done...looking for best advice out there thanks :yikes:

Yeah you should be sound mothering them dude. They're burning due to nutrient problems and not genetics so the problem shouldn't get passed on. If you take a cutting try to avoid using parts that are suffering. They'll recover soon enough.

they r also almost 6 weeks ...no cutting yet no other stresses everything been bang on ...besides this problem people not doing wat they r told...

No dude you should be fine as long as you've at least begun to correct the problem. Usually a plant has to be in a repeatedly stressful situation to hermie.

hey bro thanks for all ur advice...o iv been in veg for 6 weeks now ....iv been looking for preflowers ...do u have any advice?,,,they have just started showing something where preflowers/balls start it to early to tell yet ...but iv been told if the ball looking things r pointing towards you theyr male ...if they r pointing up towards the sky they r female ....ANY ADVICE PLEASE AND THANKU

Everybody has different theories regarding early sexing techniques. My personal opinion is the only way to tell is wait until it develops either male or female parts. I've read about the node hairs crossing in a certain way, spacing between nodes, diameter of leaf, loads of other theories that seem batshit crazy but completely logical depending on how your experience and belief system dictates. As I said personally I believe the only way to tell is wait for it to flower if it's female or whatever the word is for if it's male. I've got two regular Afghans that have been vegging for five weeks now. No preflowers whatsoever. I'd love to know myself and inspect them daily for signs but so far nothing. Just have to flip the switch and wait. Although saying that you can take a small cutting early on from each plant labelling them so you don't forget which is which. Give them a few days to get comfortable then flower them straight away. They will be genetic copies of your main plants and whatever sex they become your main plants will become. Take a few cutting maybe. Nothing massive. They don't really need to survive just last long enough for them to react to the new light schedule. I've read about some people who just stick the cutting in an individual plastic bottle and just put a few tablespoons of low strength bloom nutrient in. That way you can stick them in a box or something for the dark period. I've not tried this myself though loads of journals online with pics though dude.

reg afghans 1 ? freebies from herbies ? if so I got three of those the same age as my gdp ..lol they all r 6 weeks 3 weeks seed time 3 weeks veg ...so would u say I could cut a couple now ? all together I have 3 afghans 3 gdp..there prob just over a foot or so...iv been growing for years now but I always usually get clones but people r really unreliable so I figure I would just do it myself old sayin gos if u want something done do it ur self ...I don't have much experience wid sexing ..mothers...iv read a lot though iv spent a lot of time researcing ..so u r saying take one or two cuttings off of each one then givem reg schedule 18/6 for a few days then switch them to 12/12 until they show balls or preflowers ? thanks for ur advice bro ...

Ha yeah dude the very same. I've not bought from them before. Decent company. I got two regs from Herbies an one Master Kush from Nirvana, part of a deal as I bought 5 Ice feminized. Got the freebies in small pots just to give them a try.

Yeah dude spot on man and your more than welcome.

what other seed companys u like ? u ever try ak-48 by nirvana ? bomb seeds ? iv tried bomb seeds so far cant complain about any of there strains...I got ak-48s 1-2 weeks away from harvest...have u seen any preflowers on afghans yet ?

Unfortunately no preflowers so far. I tried a company called pick n mix seeds. They specialize in selling single seeds. Used them a couple of times then went to Herbie's. They seem the best for free stuff. First grow I did Ice Bomb from Bomb seeds and Ice from Nirvana. Both really impressed me but I preferred the Ice more. My main grows have been Ice from that point. My plan is to keep cloning the Ice and growing that, changing my grow room until its dialed in, then progress onto different strains. What about you?

iv grown thc bomb berry bomb kush bomb ...I really liked kush bomb ....maybe cause my first grow was thc bomb berry bomb and a lot of mistakes happened but still turned out ok ...my shiz got dialed in ..then I grew kush bomb very nice tastng loved it...iv grown bluecheese ,frisendew,super bud ,afghan x yumbolt,nl x bb , ak-48 two weeks away from harvest,afghans grand daddy purple in veg ...so far I would say northern lights x bigbud was really dank kush bomb too..the ak-48 looks good they look good shoulda veged longer but what ever ...I was expecting them to stretch after I flipped them but they really didn't...I have 4x4 space right now I'm usin 400 hps/mh and a mars 900 full spec together seems to be working good ,,,the 400 hid was my first hid light wanted to get all the life out of her next one I'm putting my new dig 600 mh/hps in there ,,,with some gdp,afghans 1 lol ...iv heard good things about holy grail kush and kushberry there on the tdl ...maybe in 3-4 weeks I can tell u about the ak-48 a little better ...iv had no mistakes wid ak-48 perfect conditions last sat they were 7 weeks into flower but they need two more weeks...they say they could be ready in 7 weeks not true ...very light on nutes too...

i have used sms single seeds and packs never had a prob ...i never got anything free from them ...that's why i tried herbies my first time a few months ago everything went good ..love thoughs freebies lol

Same with me. Tried the single seed site twice I think, found Herbies and never looked back. Jesus dude that's a fair few strains you've had. Have you been growing long? I've done Holy Grail 69 by Samsara Seeds. The smoke was ok but I was too impressed with the grow. I though it had a massive leaf to flower ratio.
I've got a 1.2x1.2m tent, which I think is the same size as your 4x4. Digital 600w ballast running a mh and sodium lamp. This is my first grow using separate spec lamps. I'm still vegging so don't know about the flower power but the mh has been fantastic. I working my way toward a second same size and power setup so I can have separate vegging and flower areas.

iv been around guys with big grow ops so I had idea how to grow ....but when u do everything ur self u have to learn a lot more about cloning sexing mother etc I always use to get clones from peeps but people really are unreliable ...so I started buying seeds iv been happy so far but that frisendew by dutchpassion nice yield but not my type of taste...I stil have some left from two years ago ? nobody liked the taste,,with any strain your gena get diff phenos ...thc bomb was hard to clone and I felt like it didn't have much taste...but that's the first strain I experienced with same wid first time cloning trial by error you know...im hopin the Granddaddy purple is a strain I'm keeping for a while...20$ a reg seed so hopin for some big colas lol iv heard great reviews ...another strain iv heard really good is aroura from nirvana I think I spelled that wrong ...mostly bro I grow for myself and helpothers out ...

yo yo u should see preflowers on those afghanis1 im just over 6 weeks ...im a happy guy today lol now I just need my gdp too show ....I made a dozen babys to sex too impatient and running out of room lol...so anyways how long should I 18/6 the babys befre 12/12 ? I watched a utube vid to remember everything today,,,got dome dialed in within 36 hours before they went in ....hey man u do any outdoor? I get like 8=10 oz a plant in 5-7 gal pots using feminized seeds ...and by the way all of those strains were femenized seeds this guy on here told me to try regs so I did ...hes basically sayin better for longterm mothers

Aurora Indica? Yeah i've heard that's meant be worth a look at. Have you tried Frisian Duck? It's a cross of Frisian Dew and some strain with Duck in the name. The leaves don't have the telltale fingers so are meant to be good for outside grows. They look dead weird. No i've not attempted an outside grow. I come from England so don't have the weather for it. I suppose I could attempt it with some autos but i'm not a fan to be honest. I'm a hands on grower. Bloody love it. Autos seem to take away a bit of the work.
I've got it in my head that I Afghans are a week behind yours so hopefully next week I should see preflowers too. Waay!
I'd give them two light cycles (days) then flip them babies. Fingers crossed man.
When I ordered from Herbies Nirvana Seeds had this offer of buy a five pack and get one feminized mystery seed free. Mine was Master Kush. Thought I'd give it a grow but not put it in my nft (main grow area/medium). So I stuck it in a 3l pot and just grew it on the side as a bonus. The genetics of it are beautiful though. Wish I'd put it in the nft now. It's still in veg but such a pretty thing to look at. Took as many clones as I could last night for next time.
Do you do indoor too? If so what grow medium do you use?

ye I do out and in ...I use promix bro ...I add teaspoon of dolomite lime to each gallon of promix ....its got it in already but I like adding a little more....never tried frisen duck ill stay away from it cause I don't like frisendew ...how many days u think I should keep my babys 18/6,,

Back
Top Bottom