Mother plants & Stuff

Viracocha711

Is it ok to use only floros to maintain a mother plant? If so, what would be the proper bulbs to use, one warm and one cool, or two of both? Turned on 18/6 all the time? How long is the life expect on mother plants?

PLEASE someone give me a suggestion on a first strain to try for my first grow, there are so many I am lost!

I am looking for a very relaxed buzz and maybe a really strong one for times when my pain is bad.

Thanks for everyones help so far!

I have to strongly disagree with you Akornpatch.
The only auto-flower strain I can think of right now is lowryder.
But the vast majority of strains can be kept alive in a vegatative state for years.
I've kept donor plants alive for over 2 years, but I've heard of others who've done it for 5 years or more, and apparently these's some guy in Humboldt Co. that has a plant 10 years old.
It takes attention to detail, giving the plant enough light/nutrients to keep it alive & healthy, and not enough to let it take off and grow like crazy.

I built a 6-plant donor box that had a total of 8 flo tubes 4 warm, 4 cool on a 17/7 cycle, taking clones every 2--8 weeks and after 2 years or so I'd bud them out and start new donor plants. By that time the plants had kicked out approx. 100 clones each.
But they didn't start to bud unril I cut the light to 12/12.

I was gonna ask about that as well...I have a few videos and they said under the right conditions a mother could be kept alive & nonflowering for sometime.

Ackorn you said northern lites and "bag seeds"...Are you refering to the nasty stuff I get for $25 1/4 Oz. ? If so, I understand, get things right before using the beans you spent good $ on. But what if I was feeling confident Northern Lights and something else? Do you know anything about "The Church" ?

Thanks both of you.

I built a 6-plant donor box that had a total of 8 flo tubes 4 warm, 4 cool on a 17/7 cycle, taking clones every 2--8 weeks and after 2 years or so I'd bud them out and start new donor plants. By that time the plants had kicked out approx. 100 clones each.
But they didn't start to bud unril I cut the light to 12/12.

Thanks...That was exactly what I was hoping to hear! I plan to have 2-3 mothers and 4-6 flowering...Will one 430w HPS do the trick or should I go with a 600w HPS for 4-6 flowering plants?

I have so many questions, SOG Sea of Green, I think I know what it is but I am not sure...Is it simply a staggered system that inables the harvest and the next flowering group to occur at the same time?

Well yes and no...sea of green has nothing to do with the perpetual harvest actually. Sea of green is a method of growing just like scrog is or LST or several others. Any of them can be turned into a perpetual harvest except the scrog. And the only thing that keeps you from removing and replacing plants with scrog is the screen. Sea of Green is done from clones and the idea is to flower A LOT of plants extremely early which allows you to pack them in. You grow the plants in a way to keep them small and with as few branches as possible. It is probably the easiest method of growing to do a perpetual grow with, but it's not a automatic perpetual grow just because your growing SOG. It got it's name because all the plants in the room looks like a "sea of green".
And I agree with Ranger on the moms. As long as she never gets more thn 10 hours of darkness she should stay in veg state for as long as you can keep her alive.
Now stress can induce flowering in mothers but usually in a way not wanted like hermorphism. lol

Well I've never found one that was worth keeping alive that long. So I'm going off what I've been told and read over the years. But it's my understanding that that their internal clock will set them to flower eventually no matter the strain or lighting.

Thanks guys...I just placed an order with Alibongo(Good or Bad Co.?...I already have a tracking # in less than 24 hrs, that is good, right?)

1 x The Church 5 Feminized Cannabis Seeds(Greenhouse)
1 x Female Seeds - Northern Light 10 Feminised Cannabis Seeds(Female Seeds)

I just took a shot in the dark on "The Church"? Has anyone ever had any experience with this strain?

if you couldnt keep a mother plant in the veg stage then how do huge grow ops in amsterdam have mother plants that they've had for years? and they're still taking clones from them....maybe eventually they might die off or something or just grow to their extent and wont grow anymore but just will keep reproducing leaves and chutes as you cut them.

Well yes and no...sea of green has nothing to do with the perpetual harvest actually. ....It is probably the easiest method of growing to do a perpetual grow with, but it's not a automatic perpetual grow just because your growing SOG.
Make up your mind bro.:cheesygrinsmiley: SOG because it's an ever moving wave of finished weed. ABSOLUTELY PERFECT for perpetual grow. I'd recommend reading the book on SOG.

Reading the book? Tell me where to buy and it is read! I am starving for input!

Thanks for your help...You guys are awesome even though you don't always agree!

A clone is not a baby of a mother plant.
A clone is the same plant as the donor. Even a clone of a clone of a clone is still part of the original plant.
Now, marijuana is an annual. In nature it completes it's life cycle in less than a year.
So keeping a plant alive for more than a year is very unnatural for the plant.
For this reason, many donor plants begin to lose vigor after 2 years.
I've heard people say they have kept a donor plant alive for up to 5 years with no decrease in potency of the clones, so maybe like a lot of factors of pot cultivation, it's strain-related.

how big does the plant need to be before you can clone? I have a few coming up from seed and want to know how big they need to be before i can sex them?

Thanks guys...I just placed an order with Alibongo(Good or Bad Co.?...I already have a tracking # in less than 24 hrs, that is good, right?)

1 x The Church 5 Feminized Cannabis Seeds(Greenhouse)
1 x Female Seeds - Northern Light 10 Feminised Cannabis Seeds(Female Seeds)

I just took a shot in the dark on "The Church"? Has anyone ever had any experience with this strain?

Did you receive your order?? if so how long did it take dude??

Back
Top Bottom