Mother plants

BlueberryDreamz

Hello, I have some questions about mommy plants

first off....too keep a constant cycle of about 12-14 female clones flowering...how many mother plants would I need?

would i be able to get enough clones off 1 mother plant to have a constant cycle?

also, what kind of light should the mother plant be kept under...how long can a mother plant last, and how do you keep the plant from growing monsterous from constantly being in a veg state. I cant let her get any higher than 4 feet

you can get more than that many clones off of a single plant.

I keep my mother and clones under fluorescent light. 18 hours of light a day to keep it in vegetative growth.
Ganja_smoker's Hydroponic Grow Journal

You can keep it topped and easily keep it under 4 feet tall. If height is an issue, fluorescent lighting is good again, because you can keep the light so close to the top of the plant

This one is goin' on 13+ months :)
Under 20/4

MBG_Moma_sk2.jpg

My last One lasted 18+ months :)

ah, so that's when you re-veg?

i've been trying to figure out that whole process, because i never knew how people kept the same plants for years and years and just re-harvested alot

Re-veg is where you harvest your buds, NOT the whole plant, and when you take all the flowers from the plant you send it under 18/6 or 24/0, lets just say back into a begitative state, then you can flower later on and repeat the process. Though re-vegging is difficult for the fact that when people take their harvest buds from their re-veg plant the take all the fan leaves with it usually. Which causes the plant to die due to the fan leaves missing and no energy being produced for the plant to survive.

ah, ok sounds good.

and wouldn't that shorten the time until the next harvest, after the first one i mean, or do you gotta go through an entire .. 3-6 weeks of vegging again?

Are there any links that go into more detail about this? I had not heard of this method before but would be very interested due to space restrictions on having seperate veg and flowering spaces.

Are there any links that go into more detail about this? I had not heard of this method before but would be very interested due to space restrictions on having seperate veg and flowering spaces.

I have seen a few floating around recently. I would also like more information too. I have two plants that I plan on making mothers and taking some clones from them.

Back
Top Bottom