Mother Questions

starsabove

Hello all,

I'm looking for some mother-specific info please, based on my questions below:

1) How long from germination until they are 'fully fledged mothers'?

2) How many cuttings should you take from a mother at any one time, and how often?

3) More specifically, how many times can you strip a mother plant for it to be optimally safe and healthy?

Thanks very much in advance!

Hello all,

I'm looking for some mother-specific info please, based on my questions below:

1) How long from germination until they are 'fully fledged mothers'?As soon as they start showing sex though technically you could start cloning earlier but if it turns out to be a male you will need to cull the clones from it. Normally it is around 6 to 7 weeks after germination when they start to show signs of sex

2) How many cuttings should you take from a mother at any one time, and how often?You can take as many as you like so long as you leaves some branches and leaves to keep her going, if you cut more then just one or two though you may wish to give her a few days to recuperate before cloning more though since cutting a lot of branches will cause stress, best to let her get over the stress before stressing her again, Also if you strip her way down it will take her longer to recuperate.

3) More specifically, how many times can you strip a mother plant for it to be optimally safe and healthy?Either you plan on selling clones or you have a 10,000 square foot grow room you need to fill up? if you veg till it shows its sex it will be more than large enough for you to get 8 to 10 clones at a time every few weeks. Maybe even more depending on how you are growing the mother and how successful you are at cloning

Thanks very much in advance!

Hope this helps a little, it is not black and white, you can cut exactly 3 clones at 4 weeks and can cut exactly 4 every 8 days.. it all depends on time and your growing techniques

thank you OlderGrower. I forgot to add, my seeds were feminized so I know they're gals - but sounds like i'm looking at 6-7 weeks for them to be full grown ladies ;-)

thanks for all the other info!! much appreciated. if you think of anything else I'd much appreciate it!!

Back
Top Bottom