Mother Worries Son Will Struggle to Find Marijuana

Jacob Bell

BILLINGS - A Montana woman says medical marijuana helps her autistic teenage son communicate. She's concerned all his progress will be for naught if the bill to reform medical marijuana legislation makes it past the governor's desk.

Coral Campbell says 10 years ago, her son was uncontrollable. "I have a 14-year-old son that has high-functioning Asperger's," she said, "Nick was never able to sit still and play legos, or color in a coloring book."

The family took up sign language because he only spoke gibberish. Desperate, Campbell signed him up for a Canadian experimental drug trial.

"It totally changed his life," said Campbell, "at the end of 19 months, we found out was taking THC capsules."

"Not only was I ecstatic to hear 'I love you mommy,' but to be able to understand it," she said.

These days, Nick will eat a cannabis cookie, or have a sucker before bed. He's capable of attending school, if only for a few hours, and has been able to stop taking prescription drugs that hurt his kidneys.

"it's very disturbing to me to know that I might not be able to get (edible marijuana products) for him," said Campbell.

A reform bill is expected to pass this week, eliminating commercial caregivers. Campbell says she has no interest in learning how to grow her own marijuana, and says making liquid medicine and treats are well beyond her capabilities.

"It's a matter of knowing how it's made, what's in it, how much is in it, what percentage (THC) it is," said Campbell, "and that's what I expect when I go to the pharmacy."

Legislators say they aimed to eliminate caregivers and reduce the number of patients because many recreational users abused the law.

"I can't sit back and watch my child suffer again," said Campbell. But she's not going to grow marijuana or turn to the black market. She says if efforts to stop the reform bill don't work, she'll likely move to another state.

The governor has until Friday to act on the reform bill.

Coral Campbell also became a medical marijuana patient last year. She uses the drug in order to combat aggressive pancreatic cancer.

News Hawk- Jacob Ebel 420 MAGAZINE
Source: kulr8.com
Author: Kyle Midura
Copyright: KULR-8

One of a million such stories... when will this shite end!

When we've all had enough and get past our divisions and do something. When the Cannabis legalization organizations that spend their time raising money and having parties do what their supposed to be doing. Has anyone wondered what salaried Cannabis legalizers would do for work if Cannabis were legalized :hmmmm:

Back
Top Bottom