Mothers

Thats all i do is grab clones from a reputable nursery and flower their genetics. I have a man cave that has a small room i use for vege and a insulated shed i use for flower. Since u can have clones running in an auto cloner in vege that i run 24 7 with t5s . Ill just take cuttings from the moms put em in the cloner for 2 weeks ill vege those for so long and pop em in flower. While the ones in flower are half way ill throw some more into flower im harvesting each month now. When i wanna run something else ill just order new clones. If a clone doesnt work out i just discard that genetics. I notice some genetics are just plain good genetics. Theyll grow a certain way and yield good fruit. I dont grow from seed bit what i gather is it takes time to discover a good plant . When buying good clones you know someone else tested those strains out and marketed them. I prolly went through like 15 strains this year. All had there own unique strain specific smells and tastes. But i like heavuly hitting potent pot so i tossed prolly 4 or 5 of those strains out and am about to test 3 more real soon in my cloner. So depending on how easy and how healthy you can get clones that should make more sense. Hi btw lol.

Hey buddy, nice to meet you. Yeah, I started with clones, had great experiences. I just do seeds now. They are stronger and grow bigger! I'm gonna breed gelato autoflower with this hybrid I have. You have to breed them 3xs to get the autoflower genes!

I have created clones with a cheap CFL Light, but seeds are stronger, and bigger. I also breed the plants at times to get unlimited amount of seeds. I'm about to breed some autoflower, but I'm waiting on them 2 arrive. Cloning is pretty awesome too though.
I been doing the seed thing for a bit now, so I'm gonna play with clones in SOGS for a while. However, as I said, I DO have a lot of good genetics in seed form too. Im gonna have to start burning through it.

I think that I'm done purchasing clones now. I've got waaay more than I need. It was intentional. As I go through and try them I'll be thinning them out. Only what I like the most will be staying around. So maybe 12 to 18 total if I even get that many that I actually wanna keep around. I'm sure I'll like most of them, but to justify taking space with a mother I wanna LOVE all the strains I keep around.

I do both seeds and clones. I do things little bit different than most. I Don't keep mother's. I just veg it till it's big enough for bloom. Then I will take cuts. Usually a few. Toss the plant into bloom and by the time it is finished my cuts are established. I find it easier for me. I have 90% success rate cloning so I don't worry about it much. Been keeping 6 strains over a year with this method. But I'm only growing for myself and family. My veg tent is 32"x48"x60" so I can't let them get too big. Usually flower in #3 to #5 pots with few ounces per plant depending on how dense the buds are. My bloom tent is 4' x 8' x 71"

Hey buddy, nice to meet you. Yeah, I started with clones, had great experiences. I just do seeds now. They are stronger and grow bigger! I'm gonna breed gelato autoflower with this hybrid I have. You have to breed them 3xs to get the autoflower genes!
That blew my mind man kinda what i was hearing about for the last 25 years. You grow the seed out and like wait till 7th generation from cuttings each new generation and it gets better with each generation till a specific generation of cuttings from older cuttings that grew into moms?? I see guys here having huge buds from seeds they bought on their 2nd grow hehe.. its so baffling. But im figuring thats what the experts do . I been growing this ak47 for ages. It was crap b4 just now got really good but i was thinking thats because i did something different maybe its the genetics reaching their full potential? Hows it work exactly .

That blew my mind man kinda what i was hearing about for the last 25 years. You grow the seed out and like wait till 7th generation from cuttings each new generation and it gets better with each generation till a specific generation of cuttings from older cuttings that grew into moms?? I see guys here having huge buds from seeds they bought on their 2nd grow hehe.. its so baffling. But im figuring thats what the experts do . I been growing this ak47 for ages. It was crap b4 just now got really good but i was thinking thats because i did something different maybe its the genetics reaching their full potential? Hows it work exactly

Ga in time i think ima go seeds to once i figure stuff out . With the green houses i can always put thrm outside if i run outta room. No idea if theyll bloom outside on their own or if i have to blackout the houses 12 12 each day . I hear its vege time right now till august i beleieve. So hoping theyll bloom outdoor on their own. Ima throw some eletrical in thrir but bare minimal for fans and a couple t5s to keep it 24 hrs light on in vege time where season doesnt permit. Im in western wa rains alot but doesnt freeze till winter. Might do a double sided 6mm plastic with air in mid to keep insulation. Prolly run dehumidi or what not if need be.

I love growing out seeds, but to find a really good pheno takes a lot of plants. That Gucciberry #15 I have took the breeder 250 seeds to find that Rockstar. OR you can grow smaller numbers of plants at a time and keep picking the ones that have the qualities your looking for and breed those to each other. Do that for a while and not only will you shape the plant into what you want, but if done correctly, you will also stabilize the new strain you are creating.

I love growing out seeds, but to find a really good pheno takes a lot of plants. That Gucciberry #15 I have took the breeder 250 seeds to find that Rockstar. OR you can grow smaller numbers of plants at a time and keep picking the ones that have the qualities your looking for and breed those to each other. Do that for a while and not only will you shape the plant into what you want, but if done correctly, you will also stabilize the new strain you are creating.

I just grow em to grow them. I don't look for best seed, just females. I understand what you mean a little. You may be a little too advanced for me. I plan on breeding some autoflowers any advice? I'm going to breed them with a hybrid indica and sativa. I can't find regular autoflowers with high thc, so l will just breed 3xs until it has the autoflower gene

I just grow em to grow them. I don't look for best seed, just females. I understand what you mean a little. You may be a little too advanced for me. I plan on breeding some autoflowers any advice? I'm going to breed them with a hybrid indica and sativa. I can't find regular autoflowers with high thc, so l will just breed 3xs until it has the autoflower gene
You have to grow it then take a clone flower the mom and grow the clone into a mom and then take another clone etc 3x? Each time the clones genetics gets better?

Just got my seed bank in the mail lol.

Attachments

• 15914066584124791488957084960497.jpg
    15914066584124791488957084960497.jpg
    854.4 KB · Views: 34
No, I wouldn't say that they get better at all. Unless your breeding and adding diferent genetics into the mix, a clone is only an exact copy of the original plant. Its possible that some newer growers just learned how to grow better with each run of clones and they mistook that for the plants getting better. I do not have any proof whether it is true or not, but some growers would even argue that the quality of the plant will actually degrade after time. I personally have not taken clones from clones from clones so I cant say one way or the other.

I honestly dont know how long it takes to breed the auto trait in. I used to think autos were trash, but I'm seeing a lot more nice auto's out there.

just wondering how many of you guys keep mothers and run clones. I am going to try that technique myself and have acquired a pretty sweet collection of cuts. Im excited to give SOG a real go. Of course I still have a glut of great seed, so I'm gonna still have to do seed plants as well. If only I had a polebarn!
In the basement there is a room, about the size of a small bedroom. In that room I have an area for the plants to vegetate and I have an enclosed cabinet for flowering. The flowering cabinet is about 45 inches from floor to lights which is not a lot of room after subtracting the height of the pot the plant is in.

What I do is plant several seeds. They sprout and I watch the way the young plant grows. When the plant is large enough I take the top shoot off and start training the plant to grow out to the sides. I put the small cutting into another container to start growing roots. I continually take cutting. Once the first cutting is large enough it goes into the flowering cabinet. If that cutting turns out to be male it is destroyed and I go and destroy the mother plant and any other clones from it. Every cutting can be tracked back to the plant it came from.

I keep the plants that grow the way I want them to when I put them in the flowering cabinet. I take clones from the previous generation of clones. I have had clones that went into flower & were harvested, dried, cured and rolled up months while the original plant grown from the seed is still in the vegetative area of the room.

Longest I have had a mother plant in the basement was 14 months. That plant was a cutting from a cutting from the original plant. I took it outside and let it grow there for another 5 weeks and still kept taking cuttings off of it. Then I took it up to the farm and stuck it in the ground and left it there till harvest. Still taking cuttings off of cuttings taken off of cutting from the plant.

Have records on each plant and can backtrack which plant a cutting came from going all the way back to the original plant from seed.

In the basement there is a room, about the size of a small bedroom. In that room I have an area for the plants to vegetate and I have an enclosed cabinet for flowering. The flowering cabinet is about 45 inches from floor to lights which is not a lot of room after subtracting the height of the pot the plant is in.

What I do is plant several seeds. They sprout and I watch the way the young plant grows. When the plant is large enough I take the top shoot off and start training the plant to grow out to the sides. I put the small cutting into another container to start growing roots. I continually take cutting. Once the first cutting is large enough it goes into the flowering cabinet. If that cutting turns out to be male it is destroyed and I go and destroy the mother plant and any other clones from it. Every cutting can be tracked back to the plant it came from.

I keep the plants that grow the way I want them to when I put them in the flowering cabinet. I take clones from the previous generation of clones. I have had clones that went into flower & were harvested, dried, cured and rolled up months while the original plant grown from the seed is still in the vegetative area of the room.

Longest I have had a mother plant in the basement was 14 months. That plant was a cutting from a cutting from the original plant. I took it outside and let it grow there for another 5 weeks and still kept taking cuttings off of it. Then I took it up to the farm and stuck it in the ground and left it there till harvest. Still taking cuttings off of cuttings taken off of cutting from the plant.

Have records on each plant and can backtrack which plant a cutting came from going all the way back to the original plant from seed.
Hello names bill. So ya man i did that too for lile 14 months the moms got big and took up so much room i kept thinning them out but eventually i just flowered em thinking i could get a huge harvest. I got mostly garbage weed though. Probally from the lack of experience at that point. But the thing is like you i took clones from em all and its so weird at this point in my grow because those same clones from the moms are producing some of these most aromatic and flavorful potent af medicine now. It looks great the buds actualy form a whole lot better and i was so close to throwing em out but luckily i gave them another shot and now there my staples. I found a few bigger plants of those strains in my garden so im gonna take cuttings from them soon and just flower the big ones.

Back
Top Bottom