Moto258 Grow Journal 2020 MoonDawg, Train Wreck & Unknown Clones From Last Grow

Update on the 4 clones in the back of garden!! Finished up some more lollipopin, and did another leaf strip. These ladies are improving in bud size every hour it seems! Lol. More to come!!

Attachments

• CB836143-1059-4AE6-B4B8-925A6FD10CC4.jpeg
    CB836143-1059-4AE6-B4B8-925A6FD10CC4.jpeg
    780.9 KB · Views: 46
  • D1A8D704-0F88-484D-A751-61C1DD3F73CD.jpeg
    D1A8D704-0F88-484D-A751-61C1DD3F73CD.jpeg
    943.7 KB · Views: 43
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    678.7 KB · Views: 42
Garden update!! 4 clones in back are bulking up pretty quick! Train wreck was a fast grower in veg but a slow one in flower, but damn does she smell amazing tho!!! Mood dawg is bulking up not really sure how much longer she has left so been really looking under the scope to make sure I’m in the clear on trichome color I’m looking for. The smells from moon dawg omg!! Fruity, piney, and all the above!!

Attachments

• 702C1F19-0F0A-4AEC-A0EC-38D7F3B9F5CC.jpeg
    702C1F19-0F0A-4AEC-A0EC-38D7F3B9F5CC.jpeg
    811.2 KB · Views: 49
  • 34498EDE-8AD3-458B-AA4C-C94C6BB08E32.jpeg
    34498EDE-8AD3-458B-AA4C-C94C6BB08E32.jpeg
    886.9 KB · Views: 44
  • 72A481C6-93B3-4291-9070-895E44D5BF5B.jpeg
    72A481C6-93B3-4291-9070-895E44D5BF5B.jpeg
    491.4 KB · Views: 48
  • 8BE4D59A-6EEE-48E8-9D30-FD44928800F9.jpeg
    8BE4D59A-6EEE-48E8-9D30-FD44928800F9.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 51
  • A0C3621D-6DC4-42D6-B314-1C97FAFF0E03.jpeg
    A0C3621D-6DC4-42D6-B314-1C97FAFF0E03.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 54
Good afternoon Moto,So in my area it be pike 60 during the day, and like 45-50 at night, my question is if I brought idk for example this plant outside and left it out all week do you think it would survive them temperatures? Photo of plants I might want to bring out side
image.jpg

image.jpg

The first picture looks to be female
While the two in the second appear to be male.
Hmm maybe I should bring out the smaller male and see how he fares the nights, he can be my vanguard, as he is smaller then the other male, and was going to cull it soon any way.
This might be a better use for him. To see how plants do with the cold.
image.jpg

I went on ahead and just found a lil spot for him.
If he lives, I might try growing a plant outdoors next summer for veg, unless I get my hands on some auto flowers.

I was really wondering what that gadget was lol! I realized I haven’t seen any of your gardens or anything lately so I wanted to see whatcha had cooking in the grow oven! Haha! But brotha I’ll tell ya what I wouldn’t worry to much about the temps I mean in my opinion you might just slow the growth down. I had a few girls I booted from the grow indoors because I just didn’t have the space at the time so I put them out side. I believe they were getting hit with below 40f at nights and I’ll show you what she looks like now lmao! She’s about 6 months old now went, and has gone threw some abuse! But she’s loving life still! Just be aware that if you have a male just a little bit of that pollen could make a big difference if you get some on your clothes and enter in your room were the flowering ladies are. On that note I wouldn’t worry to much as long as you watch for the sacs opening up. Man I’ve been looking for a male now for months!! Seems like I either get females or herms now! Idk what it is I’ve been trying to figure this delema out now for a while on why all my seeds I’ve ever grown lately have no males!! I’m starting to think I’m a stud!! Lol males see me and run must be a dominant reaction like they have a mind of there own!

Good afternoon Moto,So in my area it be pike 60 during the day, and like 45-50 at night, my question is if I brought idk for example this plant outside and left it out all week do you think it would survive them temperatures? Photo of plants I might want to bring out side
image.jpg

image.jpg

The first picture looks to be female
While the two in the second appear to be male.
Hmm maybe I should bring out the smaller male and see how he fares the nights, he can be my vanguard, as he is smaller then the other male, and was going to cull it soon any way.
This might be a better use for him. To see how plants do with the cold.
image.jpg

I went on ahead and just found a lil spot for him.
If he lives, I might try growing a plant outdoors next summer for veg, unless I get my hands on some auto flowers.
Also we’re them plants grown indoors under a light? Or getting rays from a window?

Also we’re them plants grown indoors under a light? Or getting rays from a window?
Here’s the plant I was talking about when I booted from indoors. I haven’t done a lot of trimming or anything with her since she’s just been an experiment this whole time!

Attachments

• 6167512D-2D88-4C83-B7D7-E48E2C133049.jpeg
    6167512D-2D88-4C83-B7D7-E48E2C133049.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 52
They started out three weeks in the window then after moving them to their final homes, couldn’t fit in the window :laughtwo:
So under the grow light the past few weeks.
it isn’t a big one either so me wanting to move some of them out where they can get much better light for growth.
About the pollen eh, I’m not even going to fight it much lol. It is what it is, it’s going to get messy in the end it sounds like no matter what I do.
I just want to try making some seeds,
I feel like I’m going to get a ton more then I want but this is the only way I can think of making seeds.
I ended giving up a bunch of random bag seeds to friends and family that wanted to try giving it a grow. So I need more now lol.
But I’d like using that male as it is a bubblegum halfbreed. And it wouldn’t be to bad having a bag full of bubblegum halfbreeds I’m thinking, once I pollinate the female bubblegum with him.
And the other plant it may pollinate as well is a c99 half breed, so Having a quarter bubble, and c 99 and half whatever Vishnu kush or Hindu Kush their other halfs

They started out three weeks in the window then after moving them to their final homes, couldn’t fit in the window :laughtwo:
So under the grow light the past few weeks.
it isn’t a big one either so me wanting to move some of them out where they can get much better light for growth.
About the pollen eh, I’m not even going to fight it much lol. It is what it is, it’s going to get messy in the end it sounds like no matter what I do.
I just want to try making some seeds,
I feel like I’m going to get a ton more then I want but this is the only way I can think of making seeds.
I ended giving up a bunch of random bag seeds to friends and family that wanted to try giving it a grow. So I need more now lol.
But I’d like using that male as it is a bubblegum halfbreed. And it wouldn’t be to bad having a bag full of bubblegum halfbreeds I’m thinking, once I pollinate the female bubblegum with him.
And the other plant it may pollinate as well is a c99 half breed, so Having a quarter bubble, and c 99 and half whatever Vishnu kush or Hindu Kush their other halfs
I thought so lmao I’ve grown a few that way as well haha and they stretched like they normally do in the wild like them also the way they look outdoorish already. Just stake them up nice and good so they don’t blow over being out side now! You must be getting cold weather where your at then because I’m still dead into summer weather hear. Just had to fight with the electric getting turned off from having some crazy storms all day here!! I hear ya on the seed dilemma haha my first couple indoor grows I decided to germinate more than 30 of my seeds!! And figured I’d have some males but they all were female so now I’m down to my last little bag of seeds that I’ve been collecting over 15 years lmao! So the stock is low so I I’m in your position wanting to get my own seeds going here now. I have mother plants now that I’m taking clones from but once I find me a male I’m pollenating this one mom I have because her trichs and smells are unbelievable!!

Yeah I was having your females only luck right up til now, even in the past I’d rarely get males. I remember having grown 2 males from seed or three less then the fingers on one hand for sure.
In the past 6 years.
I think they sensed my weakened male state when I was crippled and decided that they were more dominant then the crippled attending head male and tried manning up, and I let them cause I was crippled XD now that I’m walking around though, imma definitely start cracking that whip over them males announcing my arrival :cough:
Man I’m so jealous you found a keeper. I found a keeper dispensary plant but I haven’t preserved its genes in any way. Do you think if I threw it back into veg it may herm and self pollinate? I do like the thick smelly buds on this plants family XD but I think the previous sibling was much better in terms of yield and health
Bud pic this morning
0864C810-4C67-41FA-BC3B-4785DE186218.jpeg

And if you can’t find a male I’ve read some colloidal silver on a tiny branch will reverse its sex after a couple weeks of spraying, I’ve got a bottle of colloidal silver, haven’t tried it yet, but man I’m starting to think why not try experimenting like I originally planned. But I’ve got cold feet now
Edit, I live in Busch Alaska, this is dead summer heat :high-five: till the end of July anyways then it’s straight to fall

Yeah I was having your females only luck right up til now, even in the past I’d rarely get males. I remember having grown 2 males from seed or three less then the fingers on one hand for sure.
In the past 6 years.
I think they sensed my weakened male state when I was crippled and decided that they were more dominant then the crippled attending head male and tried manning up, and I let them cause I was crippled XD now that I’m walking around though, imma definitely start cracking that whip over them males announcing my arrival :cough:
Man I’m so jealous you found a keeper. I found a keeper dispensary plant but I haven’t preserved its genes in any way. Do you think if I threw it back into veg it may herm and self pollinate? I do like the thick smelly buds on this plants family XD but I think the previous sibling was much better in terms of yield and health
Brotha I wouldn’t worry to much even if you do end up stressing any of them out, because in my opinion even if you get bananas as long as you keep up with them spray them with water before removeing any herm traits. The four clones I have in my garden were throwing some bananas on the bottom portion of the plants so what I did was lollipop some more and now I’m not getting bananas. Last grow indoors I had nanners sprouting out of the buds all over the place and I found all the ones I could find sprayed them plucked them and didn’t find one seed well maybe one or two but that’s it in my whole harvest! Had people telling me to throw the whole garden out to waste and I’m just looking at them like ha ha ha ha right after 2 months of growing these ladies you think I’m going to let em down and throw em away with only 4-5 more weeks left to grow. Not happing my point was I was trying to make is don’t be disappointed if you ever find herm traits just means you will be baby sitting them a lot!!! Haha

I realized I pressed send a bit to early, I didn’t find any seeds, but they started hermie traits like week 6+ so those don’t worry me
I’d call them idk females with hermie traits?
I didn’t remove any to be honest sprayed the plant 1 a week with tap water to remove any dust of leafs.
hmm I wonder if that tap water had something to do with it. Just now read sprayed the plant, but I wasn’t doing itfor the pollen, but I guess that helps to.
Stoner luck if you will.
85611D87-838E-4EC4-A339-5D7FB42AA15E.jpeg

This plant scared me the most, it had stuff like that on randomly it was like watching a bomb grow and then waiting for it to detonate,
But it didn’t I guess, that was a trip. One of my first hydro plants she was a monster I should veg longer looking through these pictures, but idk if I want to wait that long again
667050F1-60EF-4402-9F01-9C004C0F8298.jpeg

She really needed that support, without it she was super cropping herself, she did me proud.

I realized I pressed send a bit to early, I didn’t find any seeds, but they started hermie traits like week 6+ so those don’t worry me
I’d call them idk females with hermie traits?
I didn’t remove any to be honest sprayed the plant 1 a week with tap water to remove any dust of leafs.
hmm I wonder if that tap water had something to do with it. Just now read sprayed the plant, but I wasn’t doing itfor the pollen, but I guess that helps to.
Stoner luck if you will.
85611D87-838E-4EC4-A339-5D7FB42AA15E.jpeg

This plant scared me the most, it had stuff like that on randomly it was like watching a bomb grow and then waiting for it to detonate,
But it didn’t I guess, that was a trip. One of my first hydro plants she was a monster I should veg longer looking through these pictures, but idk if I want to wait that long again
667050F1-60EF-4402-9F01-9C004C0F8298.jpeg

She really needed that support, without it she was super cropping herself, she did me proud.
On the female/herm trait question I’m still in the process of figuring that out lol because I’m hearing from sources I know that LEDs are causing the stress nanners to appear, but then again I’m hearing from others that it’s because I defoliate a lot, and then I hear it’s because of bad genetics!! Haha I will one day figure this dilemma out if it’s the last thing I do, but until then it’s an experiment for this guy that if for sure! Now on the plant you said you didn’t pull any of the nanners off did you find any seeds at all or just some? I’m wondering if it’s only the female nanners that we growers don’t really need to worry about but if it’s coming from a male or true herm then we’re doomed for seeds. Or did you notice any forming before week 6 in flower? I think on the veg time it really just depends on the genetics in my opinion and of course space needed. Check this plant out I experimented with lol

Attachments

• 3A78C81F-E8A3-4FAB-887E-8F8DA69016E3.jpeg
    3A78C81F-E8A3-4FAB-887E-8F8DA69016E3.jpeg
    617.6 KB · Views: 43
  • 89FFE298-E1C5-47C5-8133-9BF0B8B80E5C.jpeg
    89FFE298-E1C5-47C5-8133-9BF0B8B80E5C.jpeg
    890.5 KB · Views: 37
  • C595A41E-35B9-4FC9-B09C-5EC23C9EFE0D.jpeg
    C595A41E-35B9-4FC9-B09C-5EC23C9EFE0D.jpeg
    642.3 KB · Views: 48
  • C41B2254-9894-4AC9-A798-441529992878.jpeg
    C41B2254-9894-4AC9-A798-441529992878.jpeg
    721 KB · Views: 47
Man those are some very well thought out thoughts on them herms I’m thinking’s along the lines right now it’s just bad genes cause everything is genes being expressed right?
I don’t think I found any seeds at all unless they Were smoked, I might have tasted a few.
Didn’t find any,
But I think female nanners might not be dangerous,
I’ve read that’s how you can make feminized seeds,
But how do you tell them apart unless you can look at their genes to tell if they are a or female, female herm or straight 50/50.
As I dont have any need for bad herm genetics at all. Good way to get Cursed with seeds I think.
But if it was a female in late flower like them last plants I may try grow there seed out. Just to see what they make in the future if I do come across this problem again.
Because it was female the first month and a half then some weird nanners showed up. But I’d say like less then 5% of it was male parts. And they were very easy to spot like that and remove when dried, like maybe 20 bowls of males out of the idk maybe 4 oz I think So not to bad. For me any ways. But there were no males before that point. So I’m guessing it might have been natural rodelization.
And not true herm, but I wouldn’t know how to tell the difference.
I was wondering if the seeds would all be female,
Or just normal male, herm or female,
but I didn’t get any seeds.
Edit:
That is one potent looking nug. Looking very sticky.

Man those are some very well thought out thoughts on them herms I’m thinking’s along the lines right now it’s just bad genes cause everything is genes being expressed right?
I don’t think I found any seeds at all unless they Were smoked, I might have tasted a few.
Didn’t find any,
But I think female nanners might not be dangerous,
I’ve read that’s how you can make feminized seeds,
But how do you tell them apart unless you can look at their genes to tell if they are a or female, female herm or straight 50/50.
As I dont have any need for bad herm genetics at all. Good way to get Cursed with seeds I think.
But if it was a female in late flower like them last plants I may try grow there seed out. Just to see what they make in the future if I do come across this problem again.
Because it was female the first month and a half then some weird nanners showed up. But I’d say like less then 5% of it was male parts. And they were very easy to spot like that and remove when dried, like maybe 20 bowls of males out of the idk maybe 4 oz I think So not to bad. For me any ways. But there were no males before that point. So I’m guessing it might have been natural rodelization.
And not true herm, but I wouldn’t know how to tell the difference.
I was wondering if the seeds would all be female,
Or just normal male, herm or female,
but I didn’t get any seeds.
Edit:
That is one potent looking nug. Looking very sticky.
I just know the genes has a lot to do with what it produces, but I could be wrong. I’m still on the hunt for a strain that grows quick, think and smells like lemons! Only then I’m really interested in making seeds lol. Shoot I’m still looking for a male!
The only way I noticed any difference in a true herm is when I get the ball like things hanging, but if you get nanners really late into flower I guess it doesn’t really matter if it were to get pollinated then because it wouldn’t have enough time to mature fast enough into seeds. But I know the four clones I have in the back are going to have a few seeds in them but I’ve already put them threw a few weeks of flower so might as well finish them out. Hash is better than the trash haha!

In the past 6 years.
Bud pic this morning
0864C810-4C67-41FA-BC3B-4785DE186218.jpeg

And if you can’t find a male I’ve read some colloidal silver on a tiny branch will reverse its sex after a couple weeks of spraying, I’ve got a bottle of colloidal silver, haven’t tried it yet, but man I’m starting to think why not try experimenting like I originally planned. But I’ve got cold feet now
Edit, I live in Busch Alaska, this is dead summer heat :high-five: till the end of July anyways then it’s straight to fall
Brotha I just now seen the end of this message while going threw my journal, and realized I never answered your question about going back into veg with one of your plants. I think you can turn something that’s been into flower for weeks back into veg as long as you keep up with it and strip all the new growth that comes in until you reach the leaves you want to keep on for photosynthesis to go into flower. I just did it with them 4 clones I have now in flower, but I’m thinking their shooting bananas all over from putting them threw so much, but honestly I should have let them veg out a lot longer and maybe I could have reversed the herm traits to come out so early into flower. But I’ve already moved my train wreck and mood dawg ladies out of the room with the clones so I don’t end up pollinating these girls, because I’d be devastated if my train wreck gets pollen on her young pistals! Moon dawg is just about ready to come down so I’m not to worried with her. Just make sure you up pot into a big pot or make sure you have the room for new root growth or you’ll be also watering a lot more than normal. Hope that gives you some good vibes if you end up trying to re veg after being in flower. It can be done tho!!

Moon Dawgs last final update!! She has been harvested, dryed, and is still currently curing in jars as we speak. Smells are amazing fruity with a touch of diesel smells. This dwarf little plant produced around 98grams minus the small amount I cut off a week before I cut her down to test the effect before her final cut down. No co2 in this grow...So over 100 grams she produced with more popcorn style buds but over all I’m impressed with this strain and I’d give this a huge thumbs up for anyone wanting to try growing this one. Peace everyone reading my journal and more to come with the four clones and train wreck that are still in flower. And strawberry cough and my train wreck clones will be going in next which are about 3 weeks old in veg at the current moment.

Attachments

• 445BB27B-B531-4AD2-9C75-911BCD1D75A1.jpeg
    445BB27B-B531-4AD2-9C75-911BCD1D75A1.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 53
  • 0D3CD765-83E9-423B-8B2D-E042551AB545.jpeg
    0D3CD765-83E9-423B-8B2D-E042551AB545.jpeg
    755.2 KB · Views: 49
  • 7E8DBB15-19DD-4A73-B77A-DEF44DF2E6A8.jpeg
    7E8DBB15-19DD-4A73-B77A-DEF44DF2E6A8.jpeg
    747.4 KB · Views: 44
  • FEC54A9E-4D63-40B5-A7FC-6269A06E3819.jpeg
    FEC54A9E-4D63-40B5-A7FC-6269A06E3819.jpeg