Mountaingoat's Second Grow - CFL 200 Watt - Soil - High Defoliation

mountaingoat

Okay everyone here we go again! Second grow! :party:
Like last time I will be growing inside this one Mountaingoat's Growbox 200w low energy light

Will be using 200 watts CFL lights for both flowering and vegging, this accompanied with some serious defoliation and molasses will hopefully give some sweet buds.

Light Schedule will be GLR all throughout veg and flower. Here is a little more info on that GLR vs 16/8-18/6 Light Schedule!

As for soil I will be using the same as last time with one exception on of the plants will be using a standardized supermarket soil just too see if there is a difference. The standard on is only random piece of soil nothing added to it but a little bit of none organic nutes.

Nutes I will be using the ones used before, General Hydroponics Flora series (only bio ones around).
ghphoto1.jpg

This is the main soil which is used.
compo-sana-universal-20l.jpg

It says on the bag that the ph is between 5 - 6.5 and that it contains : 200-450 mg/L N , 200-500 mg/L P and 300-550 K.

Germination took place in my trusty plugg-box which also is great for cloning.
316665690_Pluggbox_1024.jpg

The temperature within the big grow box is kept between 25-28 Celsius.
Humidity is kept around 30-50%.

Serious defoliation this time around in order to increase the bud size. Unlike last time there will be no fimming or topping, want to see how it will turn out with big main colas and utilize the height of the box as it was not fully utilized in the previous grow.

Time constraint
As I will be moving soon this grow has a time constraint so will try to flower after about 5-6 weeks of vegetative growth and hope for a huge stretch. :yummy:

4 Plants will be grown:
Apollo 2.0 (a re-vegged clone from Apollo, this was done for learning purposes about the possibility to re-veg.) - Liberty Haze
Lockbird - Libery Haze
Freakazoid (Awesome show, and resembles the effect of the strain) - Liberty Haze
Dropbear (Urban myth for vicious blood thirsty koalas that drop on your head from trees and rip your face, so pretty cool) - Red Cherry Berry

No amnesia lemon this time around, as the seed didn't germinate :(

At the time of these pictures they had 2 weeks since germination and I must say the growth is shocking!

Here they all are in my stealth grow cupboard with a blue LED light (yes I have a fetish about stealth boxes).
2_weeks_old_3_.JPG

Here they are all together in the big box.
2_weeks_old_4_.JPG

Apollo 2.0 (looks a bit weird but is very healthy) - Liberty Haze
2_weeks_old_2_.JPG

Lockbird ("Magic Happens") - Liberty Haze
2_weeks_old11.JPG

Dropbear - Red Cherry Berry (has the standard super market soil)
2_weeks_old2.JPG

Freakazoid - Liberty Haze
2_weeks_old1_2_.JPG

Thanks for watching more to come! Will upload pictures from 3.5 weeks growth but they are on a different laptop. So tomorrow more to come!

:Namaste:

Re: Mountaingoat's Second Grow - CFL 200 Watt -Soil - High Defoliation

Alrighty so here it is my second update these plants have now been alive for 3.5 weeks sorry for the late delay I just got back from the hospital a little bit appendix problems however the appendix is now gone! anyway here is the family hope you like it!

3.5 weeks old really growing fast!

IMG_129012.JPG

Gotta say that second time around it really goes allot faster. Thinking about starting defoliation now what you guys think?

hey MG where is everyone? oh well I'm here and digging the show!:cheer:

I think I would limit doing any defol but that's just me. they sure look great though:)

thank you for the Reps:thanks:
but why wouldn't I? and anyone else?
this is going to be a sweet grow and I damn sure aint going to miss it:yahoo::party::ganjamon:

oh hey I also meant to say that not right now with the pruning but sure in a week or 2. but thats me and I dont know everything:)
just wfcwd:)
now if your into cloning they look ripe for the pickin:)

Holey shit this is what ive been missing! I like the cloning/seedling contraption. Nice design. I gave reps on me being late plus your grow is looking very awesome right now. Im here now anyways. :thumb:

Hey Sir Fish. I see your here :)

P.S. I wouldnt defo either. I really dont think theres a point to it. The more leaves the more the plant gets energy to grow even in flower. Its not about the bud sites being exposed to the light. Just let the plants do there thing and you will get amazing results. Only thing i recommend is to clear out the middle of the plant once in flower so that air is getting threw to the whole plant.

Alrighty people here we go some more updates. I wanted to get some clones so I defoliated at the same time one got hit allot just to see how he reacts in comparison to the rest of the family.

Anyway here we go.
They have all been flushed today with salt cleaning solution to prepare them for the upcoming switch just gonna wait and see how they recover from the defoliation then the 72 hour dark period will take place. They have already started sexing.

Here is Apollo 2.0 showing of the goods
IMG_133914.JPG

So here we here they all are in the bathtub
IMG_133712.JPG

Apollo 2.0
IMG_134512.JPG

Lockbird Before defoliation
IMG_13428.JPG

Lockbird After defoliation
IMG_134611.JPG

Freakazoid Before defoliation
IMG_134713.JPG

Freakazoid After defoliation
IMG_134314.JPG

Dropbear Before defoliation
IMG_134011.JPG

Dropbear After defoliation
IMG_134416.JPG

All of them back in the box
IMG_135110.JPG

The left overs from the defoliation
IMG_134813.JPG

Here are the 13 clones taken so far I have had 100% success rate with taking clones lets see how this one goes. Probably gonna scrog these and flower them as soon as they root.
IMG_134915.JPG

Thanks for watching stay tuned next update will probably be before they will be flipped into flowering. Also considering getting them some sticks to hold on too.

:Namaste:

Alrighty a quick update for today. When I put them to bed last night it was the start of their flipp, hence they will now sleep for 3 days and I will remove the hour of light in the night period as they are gonna be in FLOWER mode. I have heard the 3 days of darkness really cuts down on the total flower period and strengthens their belief of it being time to flip!

After this I will use the GLR method and gradually increase the dark period.

Pictures will come as I turn the light back on again!

:thanks:

Meanwhile here is something to groove out too!

Seen both Dispatch and State Radio live awesome shows, and they do "partake". Got share some of my home-grown with them.

Looking good MG. I think you should go straight to 10/14 instead of diminishing the light period. It will save you time and its alot faster with flowering results. Im saying this because I ran diminishing and12/12 and 10/14 beats them all. Just giving my opinion :)

Sounds good! I like your opinion it is as welcome as a cool summer breeze on the veranda, after a long day of gardening! :thumb:

Consider it done! 10/14 it is!

I should have known to look when I saw the harvest shots in the eye candy thread!!!!

:nicethread:

Sorry I didnt get back to you earlier. Been sick as hell with allergies and other things going on. I certainly would have topped them and defoliated them hard at least once before going into flower. but you're ok. They look good. Don't touch em till after stretch. Then you can hit em if ya want.

Happy Easter to all! Hope your egg-hunts were full of green goodness!

So I have been away for a couple of days was actually away when the lights went on again after the dark period. It was a nice surprise to return to a very nicely filled box! They stretched a bit and that´s always nice to see!

Currently the setup is like this.

Feed:
every 3 days with nutes now more heavy on the flowering nutes. Also every 2-3 feeds I add some molasses.

Co2:
the Co2 generator is renewed every 2 weeks.

Lights:
10/14 (10 hours of light, 14 hours of dark, skipped diminishing light returns).

I did take of some of the biggest fan leaves as they were covering up the plants.

So for just some data, flowering started on 29/4/13. So therfore this update is Flowering day 3.

Here is what was on display upon opening the box
1-4_2_.JPG

1-4_1_.JPG

Here they are with a little space in-between and just a tiny bit of defoliation.
1-4_3_.JPG

1-4_4_.JPG

Back
Top Bottom