Mountaingoats Stealth CFL PC-GrowBox

mountaingoat

After the larger box was built there was a itchy sensation in the fingers of mountaingoat therefore a new project had to be undertaken. A stealth growbox within a old PC tower.

:cheer: Therefore Mountaingoat presents Mountaingoats Stealth CFL PC-GrowBox. :cheer:

Using CFL lights this time again to keep cost and heat to a minimum.

3 lights were purchased:

1x 23 watt 6700k

2x 18 watt 2700k

The aim of this box is to flower the clones which comes from the larger box. Mountaingoat's Growbox 200w low energy light

Firstly a old PC was given to the very charismatic Mountaingoat by a local computer store. This was then stripped of all the internal content except for the fan casing at the front and back. This box will utilize a negative pressure and one exhaust fan with a odor filter in order to maintain its "stealthyness"

The PC stripped and silcone applied in all nooks and crannies in order to ensure the negative air-pressure.
IMG_033115.jpg

Old PC fan given a odor filter, also spliced it onto an old DC 12v charger to be able to power the fan from the normal power socket.
IMG_033217.jpg

The back of the PC, the multi socket fit perfectly totally by accident.
IMG_033318.jpg

One of the 2700k lights which will be mounted in a horizontal fashion on each side of the plants. This is done to ensure the plants get as much lights as possible.
IMG_033424.jpg

Odor filter added to the one airvent which will act as the passive airintake, the other ventilation holes will be sealed. This to ensure the negative pressure within the growbox.
IMG_033616.jpg

Pieces for the frame which will hold the lights.
IMG_033713.jpg

Mylar and vanilla coke!
IMG_033813.jpg

More mylar!
IMG_033913.jpg

and....Mylar!
IMG_034215.jpg

The reason for keeping the front fan is in case it would turn out to be too hot within the box and an active air intake is needed.

The light fixture complete with mylar on it.
IMG_03449.jpg

Light fixture in place, the side ones are also able to rotate to keep them from burning any plants.
IMG_034514.jpg

Power on.
IMG_034617.jpg

Sneak peak.
IMG_034714.jpg

The box is done just going to close the big hole in the front with some wood.
IMG_034913.jpg

:cheer: And presto the box is done 2 hours of fun in an afternoon. :cheer:
IMG_035116.jpg

There you have it stay tuned for the upcoming mini grow journal to go with the box.

Please ask questions and give some feedback :thanks:

"Please note: as Mountaingoat is a totally fictional character none of these things has actually happened and is completely fake."

You seem to like buliding small stealthgrow-boxes...? :blushsmile:

Gonne take this up with U later on when im going to build me two "veggie-boxes", one small for my closet and one ..slightly larger for another project that I don't share on the WWW. :winkyface:

edit; But do you really need so large pots in A micro-grow?

Not really they were the only ones I had in the house, so just put them in to make it look nice hehe

PMa mig sen

Will take a while as the PC was sold to someone who wanted to give it as a x-mas gift built another PC but will start the grown in January in that one.

Very nice man very nice.

After the larger box was built there was a itchy sensation in the fingers of mountaingoat therefore a new project had to be undertaken. A stealth growbox within a old PC tower.

Very cool

Unfortunately this thread will only be a DIY as the box was sold and its not big enough for my current grow

how good did this thing end up growing im looking at doing the same thing man let me know i was also thing about using different color liights im new to growing have one in progress now

It worked perfectly well but the guy who got the box for x-mas left the plants alone for 2 weeks so they died. Improvements i would suggest would be to use LEDS as heat can be a issue plus with leds they can grow really close to the light without burning, id recommend some chicken wire in order to do a nice SCROGG.

here is the journal made about the grow.

Mountaingoat's Proxy CFL - Soil - Clone and Seedling Grow

Back
Top Bottom