Moving/rebuilding grow area - Small budget, big ideas - For me

Jamesnns

Im growing in my utility room, on a shelf using CFL lighting (cfls bulbs four per splitter with a reflector). My current space is 3 feet by almost 2 feet. My space is cramped, hard to adjust for lighting/temp/humidity etc so I decided to move the area to the other side.
My new space is 6 feet by 4 feet.
I built a shelf around what I had to, moving around some pipes etc. The reflective sheets on the walls I found at HD for $10 a 4x8 sheet. I am using 4 four foot CFL lights for side lighting and 6 CFL bulbs wired in a series and using tin baking pans as reflectors (pics to come) and have 4 of them for a total of 24 CFL bulbs for top lighting. My buddy is a builder here for a visit so he's been helping..esp with the wiring etc. I put an exhaust fan in the corner using a bathroom ceiling mounted one I found at HD for $15. It moves 70 cfm of air and is surprisingly quiet. We wired a rheostat (dimmer) to it to control on/off and speed. The upper top area will be covered witht he remaining left over sheeting as best as we can reach. Here are some pics, more to follow for those interested.
Cost $199.00 in new parts and a LOT of parts I had already.
photo_1599.JPG

photo_2528.JPG

photo_3435.JPG

photo_4338.JPG

photo_5227.JPG

Looking good!
Glad to see your new room coming together so well!!

Have you looked into a decent led setup as well?(Be wary of the UFO lights, etc.)

No....Im sticking with CFLs for now as I already had so many of them. I wanted to keep costs down. The new area is completed and the plants have been moved. Theyre loving the new side lighting. All my smaller lower buds are doing much better.

No....Im sticking with CFLs for now as I already had so many of them. I wanted to keep costs down. The new area is completed and the plants have been moved. Theyre loving the new side lighting. All my smaller lower buds are doing much better.

How many plants do you have in there?
Heard typically that cfl's generally start to lose once you have 3 or more plants you're working with.

I have two right now. One big one thats flowering and the small auto fem sprout. Both running 12/12. I have room for a max 4 plants.
Each plant has 12 independent cfls and another 12 shared. All 4 plants then share 8 cfls side lighting tubes. The spvae I had worked out great. Ill take some more pics of it finished.

Back
Top Bottom