moving soil

stoned snake

hi im thinking about moving my babies outside but i hear u gotta use potting soil for them go giv a good yeild my prob is that my spot is far down a river and mad hard to get to evn if u kno the way my q is : is there any kind of dehydrated compacted soil that has all the crap potting soil has and is relly easy to carry bacause i need to fill 2 3by 3 holes with it and i dont wana carry a sload of soil if there is something like what im talcking about can u plz tell me where i can get it?

The soil by the river is most likely a rich alluvial loam and will provide all the nutrients your plant will need. It's unlikely you will need to tote in potting mix. Make sure when you are transplanting your plants that you don't disturb the roots too much. Dig a decent size hole and backfill it, to loosen the soil around your plant. Water it in well and put a layer of forest mulch over the soil around your plant. Nature should take care of the rest

ok sounds fun but i gotta test the ph 1st what is good growing ph for pot? and also do you think il have to water them if ther like 100 ft from river or will it just take care of itsself i want to keep them as low maintance as possible
1 more thing at its peak how far will the smell travel ? because i would guess that there might be other people going down in canoes and whatnot so i dont want them smelling it and going to look for it

Back
Top Bottom