Mr. Bubbles Brix Journal

Day 12 Update

Not much to report. Easy sailing so far. I watered the plants 4 cups of transplant water on day 1. Since then I've only watered once. In docs instructions he says the first transplant feeding is enough for for about 2 weeks. Seems like he was right on the money lol. Will be giving them there first energy feeding in the next day or so. Def going for a longer veg than anticipated. Probably around 8 more days before we move to 7gal fabric pots.

20140508_113949.jpg

On a side note I have great news. As many of you may know I have been in the health insurance industry for a long time. It's a job that paid well but hasn't made me happy. Well I've recently quit my insurance job and now I will be trying out a part time baking job and growing full time. A year ago I don't think I would've been brave enough to do this but after everything I've learned on here from you guys and everything I saw at the cup I've come to realize that it is possible to be successful in the cannabis industry. It's actually a career path now lol. While the odds are definitely stacked against me I have to pursue my dreams of being in this industry because it's something I love to do and it's something that can really help people.

Keep on growing guys! And thanks again to all of you who have helped me get this far! I have a lot more to learn and now I have the time :)

One thing I did want to point out is a difference in docs instructions. The first set I have posted on here says the foliar feed hb/stress can be kept in a cool dark place and is OK to use as long as there's nothing growing and it doesn't smell weird. Recent instructions make it sound like you can't store the foliar feeds. So far my stress is 12 days old and HB is around 8 days old. Both smell the same as day one, have been kept in a cool dry place, and have no growth. Opinions from any of docs followers on this?

Followup to my post earlier regarding the foliar feeds. You can definitely tell when the spray has gone bad. The smell changes dramatically compared to what it is when it's originally mixed. I think up to a week max before they go bad. Going forward I'll mix 3.5ml (1/8 oz) stress/hb with only 4oz water to adjust for only having 2 plants. I did use the remainder of fresh stress spray today on my other plants. Not sure if it will help but I figure it can't hurt. The plants still don't need any more water so I won't be feeding them for probably a few more days.

I'm curious to see how you fair in the HB world Mr. Bubbles. I've read almost everything by Doc, he's very talented and has set the bar high for the rest of us. Let's see how his kit works for you. :popcorn:
"Time spent enjoying yourself, isn't wasted time."

Congratulations on your career path. There's that old saying..."If you enjoy what you do, it doesn't seem like work..."

:cheer: :green_heart:

Thanks Josh!

I'm curious to see how you fair in the HB world Mr. Bubbles. I've read almost everything by Doc, he's very talented and has set the bar high for the rest of us. Let's see how his kit works for you. :popcorn:
"Time spent enjoying yourself, isn't wasted time."

Welcome!

Doc is indeed a very smart guy. What I love most is that he's one of us. Not too long ago he was just starting too and look at him now.

So far the HB has been very easy. Until yesterday I didn't fully understand the concept of hb. I understood the basic picture. I've been following doc for about a year but no matter how much I read I still couldn't visualize the overall goal of hb beyond high sugars. I watched a video on YouTube yesterday called high brix growing. It approaches it from the agricultural side which is where doc originally got these concepts. What really opened my eyes was using minerals in the soil to increase nutrient density. I've always known we had crappy food but never knew the reasoning. Throughout my grows I've been trying to come up with a simple water only recipe. Kinda of like a poor man's supersoil. I thought less complicated organic nutrients would equal simple organic produce. What I now understand is there's a reason all the supersoil recipes are so long. Of course we can use an all purpose fertlizer to meet our needs but the more varieties of nutrients we use will equal more nutrient dense produce and medicine. Sorry for the rant but this video really made things click for me and just smoked a fat wild thai j lol. Now I want to high brix my vegetable garden and get a meter to see my results.

You guys are both right about finding something you enjoy. There's nothing I enjoy more than growing cannabis :)

After a bit of confusion between instruction versions I fed the two girls today. I ended up mixing 7ml of energy and 1ml of tea in a 1/2 gal of water. I gave each plant 4 cups of this and gave them a straight water foliar spray to clean the leaves up. Here's a pic...
1399671849243.jpg

Looking good Mr. Bubbles... I'am sub'd

:Namaste:

Bottom Line: There is no need to check or adjust pH. Adjusting pH will ruin your grow, because you'll have added too much P or too much K to the soil and brix will be lower. You just screwed everything
up!

But if you're worried, here's what you can do:

1.)Get a pair of needle-nosed pliers.

Every time you get the urge to check pH, either the runoff, or the feed water, take the pliers and yank out as many nose hairs (your nose hairs, not someone else's) as you can.

If that doesn't stop you from going down the pH rabbit hole, or you ignore that advice and you wake up one day and find you're actually adding phosphoric acid (pH down) or Potassium Hydroxide (pH up) in an attempt to adjust pH, lower brix and overall take your grow down a level, do the following:

1.)Get a solid rake.
2.)Measure the distance from the ground to your scrotum. RECORD THIS MEASUREMENT!!
3.)Measure from the business end of the rake to the handle the exact distance you got in number 2 above and cut off the rake handle at that place.
4.)put the rake on the floor, prongs up, handle facing away from you.
5.)Jump on the rake prongs as hard as you can.

If you don't have a rake, just ask a friend to kick you in the nuts.

If you don't have “nuts” just use an unaltered rake and make the jump.

^^ This gave me a good laugh!!!:biglaugh:

Plants are looking good!

^^ This gave me a good laugh!!!:biglaugh:

Plants are looking good!

Me too when I first read it lol. This is docs famous ph speech :)

Just got done catching up mrbub, you have been busy brother, how exciting!
Really glad to read that you were able to make the switch to something you are going to truly love. Completely envious over here :Namaste: Hey, also, the mrs. is going to love having meals made from her baker/cook husband.. every night ;)

You HB plants are looking stellar :surf: Keep up the great green gardening :joint: Blessings, CA215

Day 16 Update

Moved the girls over into my 2nd veg tent. Little better climate control and more space. I just sprayed them with their weekly brix and they look better than any of my other plants in the veg tent lol. The leaves are a much more vibrant green. Thinking another week or so before we move them to 7 gal fabric pots.

20140512_145345.jpg
20140512_145354.jpg
20140512_145553.jpg
20140512_145602.jpg

Just saw the crappy photos. Sorry guys forgot to shut the fan off and I'm really stoned :) I'll do better next time. Also wanted to point out I went with the 3.5ml / 4oz hb spray and still had a ton leftover. Can't wait to just use it on a large scale. I've got a 2 gallon weed sprayer they'll work great ;)

Forgot the group photo....

20140512_145611.jpg

Just got done catching up mrbub, you have been busy brother, how exciting!
Really glad to read that you were able to make the switch to something you are going to truly love. Completely envious over here :Namaste: Hey, also, the mrs. is going to love having meals made from her baker/cook husband.. every night ;)

You HB plants are looking stellar :surf: Keep up the great green gardening :joint: Blessings, CA215

Thanks buddy! Been awhile :)

I'm sure your even busier than I am. Hope things are doing ok with your family.

Eh I wouldn't call the baking gig a dream job but it's pretty fun, laid back, and still pays pretty well. It's more part time ;)

Working towards a big move this summer so it should get pretty crazy before this fall.

Dude I am loving the High Brix. It's a lot easier than I'd anticipated. I really didn't fully understand it til I saw that YouTube video. Check it out when you get a chance. I know your going to love it. It's called high brix gardening and has 5 short videos.

Your outdoor is looking amazing too! I don't get a chance to comment often but I've been watching :)

Keep up the great work and thanks for your support bro! :Namaste:

Day 23

The girls are doing great! I actually transplanted 8 more clones into high brix soil too. Much easier to use the foliar spray with more plant imo and they just look so healthy :)

The first 2 will be going into flower in about a week. Just waiting for a Bubba kush and a blue blood to finish.

Pics are a PiTA to upload so I'm doing collages lmao
PhotoGrid_1400658407597.jpg

bro. collage? Great idea. I do all my 420mag shit on my phone -what a bitch.

I'll have to try that as the ultimate update cheat.

Nice plants. some sativa some indica, right on

It sucks so bad uploading pics on here. They need to update their app on forum runner so you can upload pics there like other forums can. The collage app def helps tho lol

Going to a be a first harvest for both of these strains so really looking forward to trying them. I also just put a few clones of these strains in high brix too.

I'm loving all these High Brix journals!

Thanks for sharing with us, Mr. B.

Enjoying your attention to details...:thumb:

Can't wait for my switch to HB in the Fall...

I'm loving all these High Brix journals!

Thanks for sharing with us, Mr. B.

Enjoying your attention to details...:thumb:

Can't wait for my switch to HB in the Fall...

High brix is going to be one of the most popular growing methods post prohibition imo. Personally I plan to work at integrating hb into all my gardening. I've always hated veggies but I've heard that high brix veggies taste amazing even to carnivores like myself lol.

Ironically I live in a very large farming community but still have limited access to labs and suppliers to create my own high brix. Ideally I'd use backyard soil with a specially formulated amendment.

I have a lot to learn yet. I'm only getting started but it's pretty smooth sailing so far.

I'll be looking for your hb in the fall :)

Back
Top Bottom