Mr CatNaps' First Grow

MrCatNaps

Hello Friends,

I've been medicinally using cannabis to treat my ADHD since I was 16. Previously I was on different prescribed amphetamines. 8 Years later I am still in love and ready to start growing! I did a ton of research and decided to pick up all my stuff before making a post. I tend to get overwhelmed and end up doing nothing :p, so taking the plunge and buying my gear was a kick in the behind.

Tomorrow I will be picking up 4 clones from Berkeley Patients Group. Girl Scout Cookies(PCG), Sherbet(PCG), Skywalker OG, Gelato(PCG). PCG stands for Purple City Genetics who make some of the best genetics in the Bay, winning multiple Cannabis cups. Personally Cookies strains have been my favorite for the past 3 or 4 years. My favorite hardcore indica has always been Skywalker.

The general grow idea follows. I am going to have 4 plants in Z shape to allow most separation in my 3x2 tent. I believe the clones will already be rooted, so I am going to immediately transplant into 2 gallon smartpots, which they will stay throughout the grow. I will water with 1/5 nutrients as close to 6.5 pH as possible on first transplant. After I will water when necessary (1.5in dry layer of soil), using 1/3 nutrients every other session, for 3-4 weeks. Running two 300w(50x6watt) LEDs for 24 hours during vege and 12 hours during bloom. I am hoping to have 1.5ft height in 3 weeks allowing for a 5 week bloom and a wet yield within 2 months.

I will upload a couple photos tomorrow when I have the clones in their pots :)!

It has been 1 week since I planted the clones and they are all now growing! The two plants I cropped have big knuckles in place there. The lady with the white piece of paper is one of them and looking the best.

I basically drown my plants during the transfer, then I stressed them heavily under 24/0 light too close. The plant with the water meter, shows the most extreme effect of the over watering. I pulled the light away, went to 18/6, and 3 days later I saw first new growth. Today on day 7 I significantly more drying of the soil. It looks like second watering with no nutes will be coming up tomorrow or the day after.

My ladies were sweating last night, which made me happy they were working hard! But they also seemed to contract some WPM. In the photo with the red square you can see it outlined. I used a wet Qtip to remove the mildew carefully whilst not shaking the leaves. Then I sprayed it down 20/80 milk/water. They are under lights now and I will give them two extra hours today to soak up the milk. I bought an oscillating fan and some SM-90 if the issue persists. Should I add a little hydrogen peroxide to my water next round?

Anyways I am happy to see new growth. The WPM scares me because I wanted to start bushing my plants with LST this week, but now I wont start until I am sure it is contained. Please let me know what you think! If there is anything else I could be doing to produce better ladies let me know!

DSCN103210.JPG
DSCN10319.JPG
DSCN102411.JPG
DSCN102613.JPG
DSCN102811.JPG

Sorry for out of order, this should be first. I just suck at this right now. I will get the hang of it!

Hello Friends,

I've been medicinally using cannabis to treat my ADHD since I was 16. Previously I was on different prescribed amphetamines. 8 Years later I am still in love and ready to start growing! I did a ton of research and decided to pick up all my stuff before making a post. I tend to get overwhelmed and end up doing nothing :p, so taking the plunge and buying my gear was a kick in the behind.

Tomorrow I will be picking up 4 clones from Berkeley Patients Group. Girl Scout Cookies(PCG), Sherbet(PCG), Skywalker OG, Gelato(PCG). PCG stands for Purple City Genetics who make some of the best genetics in the Bay, winning multiple Cannabis cups. Personally Cookies strains have been my favorite for the past 3 or 4 years. My favorite hardcore indica has always been Skywalker.

The general grow idea follows. I am going to have 4 plants in Z shape to allow most separation in my 3x2 tent. I believe the clones will already be rooted, so I am going to immediately transplant into 2 gallon smartpots, which they will stay throughout the grow. I will water with 1/5 nutrients as close to 6.5 pH as possible on first transplant. After I will water when necessary (1.5in dry layer of soil), using 1/3 nutrients every other session, for 3-4 weeks. Running two 300w(50x6watt) LEDs for 24 hours during vege and 12 hours during bloom. I am hoping to have 1.5ft height in 3 weeks allowing for a 5 week bloom and a wet yield within 2 months.

I will upload a couple photos tomorrow when I have the clones in their pots :)![/QUOTE]

Finished Setting Up!
I just finished transplanting my clones. I went to BPG today and of course they were out of Skywalker OG. This made me rethink my purchase and ended up with 2 Sherbet and 2 Gelato. Both have Cookies genetics and are the top clones from Dark Heart Nursery and PCG respectively.

BPG clones are kept for 2 weeks at a time and are held under 24hrs of fluorescent light. None of the clones looked perfect, but I think I got some pretty good ones. A couple have leaves trimmed? They seemed to be cut with a straight blade, I am not sure if I prune them or not. One's top leafs are significantly lighter green than the rest of the plant, but it doesn't look like a nutrients issue. I got them home in a paper bag within the hour and transplanted within the next hour.

I used 1tsp of Big Bloom because I heard it brings the water pH down, since these were fresh gallon bottles from CVS their pH was a little over 7.5. After Big Bloom, I was still around 7, so I added some pH down, but over shot it. After adding a little pH up, I was at 6.0. I used half a gallon of water in each 2 gallon smart pot, which is how much it took for some to drain out the bottom. The second gallon I added 1tsp of Big Bloom and a little pH down, and was at 6pH.

I used espoma potting mixture and estimated 32quarts total for the 4 plants. I am hanging the lights about 1.5 ft above the plants. I cannot feel the heat from the LEDs on the plants, so I think they are far enough away. I am afraid of the plant with light burned top, but it is the top cola, so I may remove it later anyways.

Now I am waiting and finally smoking :3!

IMG_057551.JPG
IMG_057645.JPG
IMG_057739.JPG
IMG_057843.JPG
IMG_057934.JPG
IMG_058039.JPG
IMG_058241.JPG
IMG_058344.JPG
IMG_058439.JPG
IMG_058535.JPG
IMG_058634.JPG

Day 8 and my ladies are looking good. I have pulled them down to binder clips on the side. I removed something that looked like it could have been WPM, you can see it in my earlier pictures. I sprayed everything down with milk yesterday. I saw a couple holes in one of my lower leaves, but it doesn't seem to be bugs. I gave them a spray of 1/4 nute and water today, in the morning, to wash the leaves and hopefully fix any nute issues in the leaves. I do have SM-90 so if I do see any bad boys later, I will give it a spray. I did my second water, I did less, with no nutes.

I also added a fan to my set up :D

IMG_063141.JPG
IMG_062633.JPG
IMG_062429.JPG

I think it is Day 10 and all seems well in the morning. I uploaded some pictures of LST I did on day 8 and the recovery on day 9. I Just pull the top most leaves to the side, then make sure the side leaves aren't blocking light from each node. It seems like the second stems on 3 of the plants are starting to grow. The last plants' lowest node is still chillen small sized. It seems like soon I am going to have to pull those second stems to the side, because those fan leaves will start shading the main colas.

I started foliar feeding. Before the lights go on at 8pm, I spray my ladys down with a very diluted Molasses, nute water, and a drop of soap. I used SM90 once already and will do it again in 10 days, to keep fungi and wpm at bay. The temp is around 70degrees before the lights go on, I pull the lights up to the top of the tent, douse my ladies. I keep the humidity under 60%, by leaving the door open while the leaves dry. An hour later I drop the lights and close the door. The past couple days I really saw an improvement in the colors of the leaves. No more of the lime green leaves and growth seems to be good.

Anyways here is a couple photos of the LST and my plants after foliar feed.
Day 8 LST
DSCN103810.JPG

Day 9 Recovery
DSCN10419.JPG

Day 9 Foliar Feed
DSCN104213.JPG

Day 9 LST
DSCN104510.JPG

Re: Mr CatNaps' First Grow. Gelato & Sherbet training taking hold!

The ladies are looking good. The soil is drying out nicely. I think she is really getting the hang of the LST into foliar feed. I am using only plain water pH 6.5, since I saw some minor burns after the sm90 bath. Anyways the LST is going as good as I could have hoped. The tiny little shoots that were being blocked off by the main stem have now reached equal canopy on 3 of the plants. The fourth plants has a beautifully spaced main stem, all the nodes along it are equaling out in height. I am starting to train the main stems around in a circle, in the end I hope to end with 4 spiral plant all with even canopy nodes.

It is so nice to see my plants not drowning anymore. Having green in the stems :3. All I could ask for. Lots of photos :3 I will add a small photo update tomorrow on how the new turned leaves flip over.

DSCN105410.JPG
DSCN105511.JPG
DSCN105613.JPG

Hello Beautiful :3
DSCN10577.JPG
DSCN10587.JPG
DSCN106110.JPG
DSCN10628.JPG
DSCN10633.JPG
DSCN106511.JPG
DSCN10677.JPG
DSCN10688.JPG
DSCN10706.JPG
DSCN10716.JPG

Soil was pretty dry today. My soil meter said they were all 'dry' finger get was cool, like there was still some water on the second inch deep. I am very nervous though, some of my plants are getting yellow tips, which I assume was just nute burn. Now I am getting this dark spot -.-
IMG_064238.JPG

Is this just bad nute burn? Should I flush? Should I just water normal, fresh water?

I have only watered once with nutes. Had 1 foliar feed with sm90. Had a few water only foliar feeds. It just started growing faster also :( sad it is sick now.

Re: Mr CatNaps' First Grow. Healing <3

I over watered, burned my ladies, but they are growing again. I feel bad for my ladies, but the LST is doing well. The bottom branches are growing as tall as the main. I have gotten the hang of only pulling one node down, so the canopies stay even with the light. Watered yesterday with plain water and they seem happier.

IMG_066045.JPG
IMG_065942.JPG
IMG_066139.JPG
IMG_066243.JPG
IMG_066344.JPG
IMG_066436.JPG

Point to the light little one!
IMG_066640.JPG

Mr. CatNaps First Grow >^.^<
Thank you for stopping by, please come back again!

Alright 2.5 weeks in :) turned on the lights full power(180-200 true watts). The ladies seem to like that more than anything I have been doing. Stop by from time to time, I would love to interact with some of this amazing community. Any advise or feedback would be great(or just say hi:)!

All together girls. Say cheese

IMG_068438.JPG

Gelato: It's finally my time to shine.​
IMG_068040.JPG

Sherbet: Time to stretchhhhh.]​
IMG_067938.JPG

Sherbet: Heads to the light!​
IMG_068139.JPG

Gelato: I am cosplaying as a bush​
IMG_068238.JPG

A little side action for ya.​
IMG_068538.JPG

Don't get so close, I am feeling bloated.​
IMG_068640.JPG

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Setup and Bio

Genetics: 2xSherbet and 2xGelato Clones from Purple City Genetics​
Room: Tent 3x2x5ft
Lights: 2x300Watt Globestar LEDs : 180-200 true watts total
Pots: 2 gallon smart pots
Soil: Espoma potting mix (no prep)
Nutes: Fox Farm Trio
Fan: Ventech w/carbon and Oscillating
Temps: 74-79F
Humid: 40-50%​

I am a friendly new grower, looking to sustain myself after 8 years of medicating. Cannabis helped me transition off harmful stimulants and turn my ADHD into something manageable :3. Now I spend my time happily gaming, programming, and caring for my ladies in sunny California. I love to talk, feel free to say hi!

I tested my soil last week, it was 5.9 pH. I water with 6.3-6.5pH. Today I saw some yellow spots on leaves. They want nutes finally, will be giving them tonight after 5 days no water :)

Setup and Bio

I am a friendly new grower, looking to sustain myself after 8 years of medicating. Cannabis helped me transition off harmful stimulants and turn my ADHD into something manageable :3. Now I spend my time happily gaming, programming, and caring for my ladies in sunny California. I love to talk, feel free to say hi!

Thank you for stopping by, please come back again!

Mistakes of a new grower... 1) Overwater your clones on transplant. 2) Read the signs incorrectly and think it is nute burn 3) See the claw leaves... still no nutes. Thank goodness cannabis forgiving.

With the yellowing of new growth tips, I see the boron deficiency. The clawed leaves due to nitrogen deficiency, stopping the uptake of boron. Since it was basically their first nute treatment, I want 1/4 strength, I hope they take hold.

I see their roots coming out of my 2 gallon smart pots after 20 days of veg. They are covering about 75% of the pot, with 5 inches of top growth(LST). I know the smart pots will air trim the roots, but I do not want to transfer them at all during this grow. Will I have time to veg for 8 more days, then flower?

IMG_068931.JPG
IMG_069137.JPG

Setup and Bio

Flipping tonight!

4 weeks in and it is time for me to flip the lights. I am pretty sure my plants hate the soil they are potted in. It doesn't have enough drainage. Since it is my first time and it is a learning experience I transplanted two of them into new soil. The trick was washing the roots off after pulling them out of the smart pots. They were everywhere and held onto the soil like crazy. I used a seaweed extract and pHed water, dipped the root mass creating a bucket of mud. I was able to clean a decent amount off of the roots and got them in new soil. Now I can see if drainage is the issue, if these two plants grow better in the upcoming flower then I found the culprit. Anyways all is good, added CalMg to my regiment, they are pretty big :)

I got my veg box going. I have an OG Kush and Black Jack in it. Ready for some intense bonzai training once I see some new growth. It was pretty fun to build the box. I use the back + poster board so I can change fan positioning quickly. Currently looking for some sensors so I can automate most of it.

Without further ado!

16658.JPG
22335.JPG
31864.JPG
41446.JPG
51179.JPG
61024.JPG
7857.JPG
8724.JPG

Setup and Bio

Flower Tent
Genetics: 2xSherbet and 2xGelato Clones from Purple City Genetics
Room: 3x2x5ft
Lights: 600w Mars & 300w Globest
Soil: 2xEspoma potting mix (no prep) 2xFFOF+Clay+Dolomite+Oil soil
Treatment: Neem & SM90
Temps: 83-86F
Humid: 40-50%
Veg Box
Room: 2x1x3
Lights: 2x40w CFL x 300w Globestar(50%)
Soil: 2xFFOF+Clay+Dolomite
Nutes: Seaweed extract
Fan: 4x120mm 100%
Temps: 78-82F
Humid: 39%

Nice setup. Plants look healthy for most part. The tips seem to be burning. But all an all good plants strain. Dirt might have to much chems. What kind dirt you using. Ph in dirt changes to much with water added. Make sure you get handle on it. It make you have a headache some times. Fyi.

Learning as much as possible!

Thank you for the encouragement! My first go, so I really don't have any past experiences to pull from. When I first started, I was so confused with over watering, nute burn, temp issues, but I am finally starting to get a groove on. Definitely the biggest thing that has helped my plants in the later stage of veg was getting the temp up. Since I am only using LEDs, the lack of IR light keeps surface temps down. My ladies were too cold, got them up to 85-90 and they look way better (<40% humidity). During flower at these temps I may need to add some CO2, not sure what kind to use, since I will only need a very small amount.

Anyways to address your concerns, I transplanted two of them into new soil, with much better drainage. My old soil had drainage around 5.9pH, new soil around 7.0pH, so pretty different environments. I only feed with 6.2-6.5 water, CalMg and Fox Farm nutes every other, which was too little. I upped the nutes when the bottom leaves started yellowing. They plants bushed out, but obviously the tips are feeling the salts. Now I am just hanging out and seeing what to do next.

Great to have an experienced grower here, thank you for the advice!

Setup and Bio

Flower Tent
Veg Box

Thanks, I stopped posting as frequently, since no one was really watching. I'll snap a few pics before lights out today.

Setup and Bio

Flower Tent
Veg Box

Never stop. Catnap. Never stop it's a record for you also. There is the 25th day of flowering and 52nd day you need to do thing to make harvest better and always keep sharp eye for issues. A lot time people can see something that you can't also. And also ambers they are important also.

Back
Top Bottom