Mr.Miguardi First RDWC Hemp Grow, 2021

MrMiguardi

420 Member
Hi, First time grower here!
I need to pratice with Hydro growing for a project i have in mind so i've planted some hemp to start aquiring some experience.
My goal is to use less water as possible running a sterile system and changing water less as possible.

Strain: Enectaliana, Hemp, Sativa;
System: Hydro Growrilla RDWC 4, 4 bucket (about 20L per bucket) and placed the res tank outside the growbox to ensure cooler water temp.
Light: 2 Mars Hydro SP3000
Water Airation: 1 Hailea V20 air pump with 4 exit tube;
Air circulation: 1 Secret Jardin oscillating fan, 1 Bull filter, 1 Blauberg bi-turbo fan for air extraction, all the tube are phonic-trap tubing, imho the best sound insulated tube.
Other: 1 Inkbird ITC308 for temp control, 1 Inkbird IHC200 for humidity control, umidificator + deumificator + Oil radiator for heating
Nutes: ATAMI Hydro A + B, Atazyme, Cal-mag, ATA clean, Silic boost;

Started planting 4 seed on 22 october 2021, 1 of them sadly didn't sprouted and now i'm trying to seed anotherone just to fill the hydro system.
Actually the plant has 3 weeks old, last week i has some ph fluctuation and cloudy water so i cleaned all the system and refilled with a new solution, now ph and water seems fine.

actually the solution are 5.85ph 420ppm never exceed 20°C in the res, air temp are 21°C and 65% humidity.

Two plants hd some problem in the last days probably because the ph fluctuation, some stress from the system cleaning or wrong watering schedule showing curled and pale bottom leaves and stopping growing.
Thinking on some sort of nute lockout i injected it with tap water and a bit of root booster to try revive them

Photo are 2 days old, i will do some new shoot this evening.

dsc_0165-jpg.2440238

Gregory (that's the name i gave to the plant) recovered quite good in one night it sprout new root with some ramification and starting to grow again the 3rd set of leaves that now are bigger thatthe photos
I am positve about it!
dsc_0167-jpg.2440240

Mafalda still the same, no new roots, no leaf growing, simply this plant has remained identical to the photo... not sure about his destiny...
dsc_0166-jpg.2440239

Bertha has basically never got issue, was the first seed to sprout and now has officially entered veg stage.
Today the 3rd set of leaves are bigger and the 4th are growing.

arnold.jpg

Arnold (the 4th plant) as i've previously sayd never sprouted so i planted a new one and for now seems ok except that i'm running out of clay as you can see in the photo.

Now i'm facing some issue:

- I need to buy more clay pabbles, this one are very old and i need more to cover the hole in the pots and stopping light get inside;
- Need to create a cover for the pots to stop light get inside, tried with some mylar but the plant show some sign of suffering with it;
- To avoid foam issue i quitted using some Atami nute (Root booster, Bloom stimulator and Hydro booster) that has organic component inside. but i will find a root booster with no organic part for using with no surprise.
Hydro booster i don't know what is his usage and his composition so i can't trying to find an alternative, for the flowering stage i has Bloombastic that seem a good PK booster.
- Injecting the rootbooster to save the sad plant cause some algae to show on the surface of the rockwool, immediately cleaned with some H2o2 on a cotton swab, absolutely i need to find my way using sterile nutes and cover the "light hole";

Any suggestion on a non-organic root stimulaltor? GHE Rapid Start are not aivable in my country, i was looking to Metrop Root+ or Cellmax Rootbooser.

PS: are enzyme organic part? should i use it in a sterile system? i also put some 3% h2o2 in teh res every 3 days

I need to pratice with Hydro growing for a project i have in mind so i've planted some hemp to start aquiring some experience.
My goal is to use less water as possible running a sterile system and changing water less as possible.

System: Hydro Growrilla RDWC 4, 4 bucket (about 20L per bucket) and placed the res tank outside the growbox to ensure cooler water temp.
Air circulation: 1 Secret Jardin oscillating fan, 1 Bull filter, 1 Blauberg bi-turbo fan for air extraction, all the tube are phonic-trap tubing, imho the best sound insulated tube.
Other: 1 Inkbird ITC308 for temp control, 1 Inkbird IHC200 for humidity control, umidificator + deumificator + Oil radiator for heating

Started planting 4 seed on 22 october 2021, 1 of them sadly didn't sprouted and now i'm trying to seed anotherone just to fill the hydro system.
Actually the plant has 3 weeks old, last week i has some ph fluctuation and cloudy water so i cleaned all the system and refilled with a new solution, now ph and water seems fine.

actually the solution are 5.85ph 420ppm never exceed 20°C in the res, air temp are 21°C and 65% humidity.

Two plants hd some problem in the last days probably because the ph fluctuation, some stress from the system cleaning or wrong watering schedule showing curled and pale bottom leaves and stopping growing.
Thinking on some sort of nute lockout i injected it with tap water and a bit of root booster to try revive them

dsc_0165-jpg.2440238

Gregory (that's the name i gave to the plant) recovered quite good in one night it sprout new root with some ramification and starting to grow again the 3rd set of leaves that now are bigger thatthe photos
I am positve about it!
dsc_0167-jpg.2440240

Mafalda still the same, no new roots, no leaf growing, simply this plant has remained identical to the photo... not sure about his destiny...
dsc_0166-jpg.2440239

Bertha has basically never got issue, was the first seed to sprout and now has officially entered veg stage.

arnold.jpg

Arnold (the 4th plant) as i've previously sayd never sprouted so i planted a new one and for now seems ok except that i'm running out of clay as you can see in the photo.

- I need to buy more clay pabbles, this one are very old and i need more to cover the hole in the pots and stopping light get inside;
- Need to create a cover for the pots to stop light get inside, tried with some mylar but the plant show some sign of suffering with it;
- To avoid foam issue i quitted using some Atami nute (Root booster, Bloom stimulator and Hydro booster) that has organic component inside. but i will find a root booster with no organic part for using with no surprise.
Hydro booster i don't know what is his usage and his composition so i can't trying to find an alternative, for the flowering stage i has Bloombastic that seem a good PK booster.
- Injecting the rootbooster to save the sad plant cause some algae to show on the surface of the rockwool, immediately cleaned with some H2o2 on a cotton swab, absolutely i need to find my way using sterile nutes and cover the "light hole";

Any suggestion on a non-organic root stimulaltor? GHE Rapid Start are not aivable in my country, i was looking to Metrop Root+ or Cellmax Rootbooser.

PS: are enzyme organic part? should i use it in a sterile system? i also put some 3% h2o2 in teh res every 3 days
Hello @MrMiguardi welcome to 420magazine my friend.
Great start to your grow.
I'm not sure of the answers to your questions.
@Rexer Grows in hydro maby he has a suggestion.
I'll hang out and watch if that's cool.
Stay safe.
Bill

Hi @MrMiguardi and welcome to :420:.
I'm going to break down your original post, just so I don't overlook anything.
As a first time grower, especially for hydro I'd highly recommend starting a grow journal. It's a resource that will help you for this grow, and to give you something to look back at for references.
Everything looks and sounds good, except I have zero knowledge on those nutes. Can you take pictures of the bottles, showing the NPK and the contents labels? You'll want that for a journal anyways.
how much of a PH fluctuation was there? You were correct to dump the reservoir when it becomes cloudy. We'll circle back to this down below.
Those temps seem fairly great. PH to 5.8ish then allow a natural drift to 6.5 before resetting ph to 5.8ish.
it could be a couple of things. Either the PH, or a deficiency.

dsc_0165-jpg.2440238

I am positve about it!
dsc_0167-jpg.2440240

dsc_0166-jpg.2440239

arnold.jpg

Age means nothing for the hydroton pebbles. Just sterile between grows. But you are correct, there must be zero light hitting the nutrients. This is where algea and bacteria form.
I know you've mentioned the desire to do a sterile system, is it to save $$, or a desire to do it? Personally I've had better success using beneficial microbes. But that doesn't mean sterile doesn't work or is inferior.
I've never seen or heard of those products, We'll need some pictures.
and just to clarify something, when you say "injected" do you mean just adding to the reservoir?
A bit of algea on the rockwool is fine. Bury it with some hydroton and that problem is solved.
can you buy general hydroponics products?
Yes, enzymes are organic and die with contact to h202. One of the reasons I prefer organic beneficial microbes.
H202 is an indiscriminate killer. It kills all bacteria, good and bad.

I see you have white covers, what's underneath? Have they been painted black on the underside? Otherwise chances are you have light bleeding through the lids as well.

Are you up for doing a journal? We can see about having this post moved, or you can start a brand new journal? Your call!

Hi @MrMiguardi and welcome to :420:.
I'm going to break down your original post, just so I don't overlook anything.
As a first time grower, especially for hydro I'd highly recommend starting a grow journal. It's a resource that will help you for this grow, and to give you something to look back at for references.

Everything looks and sounds good, except I have zero knowledge on those nutes. Can you take pictures of the bottles, showing the NPK and the contents labels? You'll want that for a journal anyways.

how much of a PH fluctuation was there? You were correct to dump the reservoir when it becomes cloudy. We'll circle back to this down below.

Those temps seem fairly great. PH to 5.8ish then allow a natural drift to 6.5 before resetting ph to 5.8ish.

Age means nothing for the hydroton pebbles. Just sterile between grows. But you are correct, there must be zero light hitting the nutrients. This is where algea and bacteria form.

I know you've mentioned the desire to do a sterile system, is it to save $$, or a desire to do it? Personally I've had better success using beneficial microbes. But that doesn't mean sterile doesn't work or is inferior.

I've never seen or heard of those products, We'll need some pictures.
and just to clarify something, when you say "injected" do you mean just adding to the reservoir?
A bit of algea on the rockwool is fine. Bury it with some hydroton and that problem is solved.

Yes, enzymes are organic and die with contact to h202. One of the reasons I prefer organic beneficial microbes.
H202 is an indiscriminate killer. It kills all bacteria, good and bad.

I see you have white covers, what's underneath? Have they been painted black on the underside? Otherwise chances are you have light bleeding through the lids as well.

Are you up for doing a journal? We can see about having this post moved, or you can start a brand new journal? Your call!
Thanks Rex.
Looks like I tagged the right person for this grow.
Stay safe everyone.
Bill

Hi Rexer,

I have chosen that nutes brand for almost no reason, when i start to inform about the grow world i was submerged by brand name so i simply picked one of the brand from a famous site from my country.
I have the pics of every nute, just need to find on my phone and post it, mabe tomorrow.

Ph fluctuation started when i decided to raise the water level to barely touch the bottom of the pots.
The ph rising from 5.8 to 6.8 in a few hour, after the water change the ph jumped to 6.5, then 6.3 and now is stable.
The ph in the first days seems to not overstep 6.8 so i think i was dust from the clay pebbles. bacteria would have increased ph level beyond 7 if leave uncontrolled.
That's strange since i washed the clay 3 time before using...

Those plant i think have some multiple problem all togheter, ph fluctuation and underwatering (this one is my fault).
Maybe ph rising cause some trouble at the plant that didn't have the force to recover.

As i have mentioned i need to pratice with Hydro culture for a project i have in my mind.
In my country Hydroponic culture are not very famous and utilized from the farmer.
My dream are to create a company that make only Hydroponic and Aeroponic Culture, totally eco-friendly and save much Water as possible... that's basically a bet with the future when the water aivability wil become a problem.
when you say "injected" do you mean just adding to the reservoir?
I have sprayed on the rockwool cube and the surrounding hydroton when i see some nute def. but nothing appen.
So i literally picked a syringe and injected the solution inside the rockwool cube, and for one plant seems to have worked.
For the algae i want to make a white rubber or vinile removable cover to block all the light.
Yes, in my country are branded "Terra Acquatica" or "GHE" but Rapid start seems is not imported.
I was looking for a root booster non organic and maybe the next grow shift totally on that brand.

That cover are only a white paper foil, under there is a solid pvc cap, no light pass from there.

No don't worry i want to continue this journal.
That's the first grow for me and is basically a test but once the plant passed the seedling phase i'm quite optimistic on the result!

PS: this multi quote system are awesome!

Hi Rexer,

I have chosen that nutes brand for almost no reason, when i start to inform about the grow world i was submerged by brand name so i simply picked one of the brand from a famous site from my country.
I have the pics of every nute, just need to find on my phone and post it, mabe tomorrow.
That pretty much happens to all of us. Then we get bored with the same nutes and try different things. I'll be honest, I only picked general hydroponics as; they're more worldwide and I'm familiar. That being said, let's see what you've got here before you buy anything else.
Ph fluctuation started when i decided to raise the water level to barely touch the bottom of the pots.
The ph rising from 5.8 to 6.8 in a few hour, after the water change the ph jumped to 6.5, then 6.3 and now is stable.
Ph rises naturally from contact with air. It has to do with an ion exchange I belive. The more air, the more it rises. The nutrients have PH stabilizers that help a bit. But get used to using PH down almost daily in my experience.
The ph in the first days seems to not overstep 6.8 so i think i was dust from the clay pebbles. bacteria would have increased ph level beyond 7 if leave uncontrolled.
That's strange since i washed the clay 3 time before using...
The dust comes off eventually, just don't rinse it down your drain. It's a clay dust and you will clogg the drains over time. It's inert.
Those plant i think have some multiple problem all togheter, ph fluctuation and underwatering (this one is my fault).
Maybe ph rising cause some trouble at the plant that didn't have the force to recover.
It's growing pains, it happens as you learn. The roots are touching the water? Do you have an air pump and airstones running?
As i have mentioned i need to pratice with Hydro culture for a project i have in my mind.
In my country Hydroponic culture are not very famous and utilized from the farmer.
My dream are to create a company that make only Hydroponic and Aeroponic Culture, totally eco-friendly and save much Water as possible... that's basically a bet with the future when the water aivability wil become a problem.
now that's a project I'll happily help as best I can. Other members will also join in over time to help.
I have sprayed on the rockwool cube and the surrounding hydroton when i see some nute def. but nothing appen.
So i literally picked a syringe and injected the solution inside the rockwool cube, and for one plant seems to have worked.
don't inject the cube. It doesn't promote root growth. You want to encourage the roots to grow towards the water. Can you also take a photo of the bottom of the net cup so we can see how the roots are?
For the algae i want to make a white rubber or vinile removable cover to block all the light.
Just cover it with hydroton pebbles. Seriously, don't put a rubber band on it. Squeezing rockwool is a no no.it compresses the micro pores and makes it denser for the roots.
Yes, in my country are branded "Terra Acquatica" or "GHE" but Rapid start seems is not imported.
I was looking for a root booster non organic and maybe the next grow shift totally on that brand.
If your interested in promoting this, I wouldn't rule the organic side of things out. The change in taste, and just the average consumer preferences are reasons enough to consider it.
are you using food grade h202 or pharmacy stuff?
That cover are only a white paper foil, under there is a solid pvc cap, no light pass from there.
You'd be surprised what light can bleed through. Did you hold it up to a light to confirm? If so then perfect.
No don't worry i want to continue this journal.
Thanks for the quick reply! I've :nomo: and realized that this was your journal. My apologies! I was trying to hurry to help get the ball rolling.
That's the first grow for me and is basically a test but once the plant passed the seedling phase i'm quite optimistic on the result!

PS: this multi quote system are awesome!
Feel free to tag me with the @ infront of my username. Or PM me anytime. I follow a lot of journals and miss some notifications, and will never be upset with a tag. :)

Actually i'm using pharma grade h2o2 3% bought at the market.

Here's some pics of the nute's label i take some days ago.

Atami B'cuzz Hydro A
Hydro A.JPG

Atami B'Cuzz Hydro B
Hydro B.JPG

Atazyme
Atazyme.JPG

CalMag
CalMag.JPG

Silic Boost
Silic boost.JPG

Bloombastik
Bloombastik.JPG

And the 3 nute actually i don't want to use
Root stimulator
Root Stimulator.JPG

Bloom stimulaltor
Bloom stimulator.JPG

Hydro booster
Hydro booster.JPG

I was surfing the web when i crossed this product...
Atami Rootbastic, there are different info aivable about this product, some site say are mineral, some bio-mineral, some say that have inside two type of alga and some mineral.

I have searched and found a pic of the packaging bigger enough to read the composition an here it is:
Total Nitrogen (N) 4%
Aivable Phosphate (P2O5) 14%
Soluble Potash (K2O) 4%

Derived from
Potassium Hydroxide
Potassium Sulphate
Phosphoric acid
*unreadible part*-orium phosphate
Boric Acid
Copper salt of ETDA
Iron Salt of ETDA
Manganese Salt of ETDA
Sodium-molybdate
Clay Mineral

Seems there's no organic part inside following the official label but official site says
"Rootbastic is a root stimulator that stands apart due to the high concentration of N-P-K and a large dose of trace minerals. The mineral nutrients, a vegetable extract and amino acids are present in high concentrations." i don't see it in on the label

It's Highly concentrated dosing are about 0.1ml/L but seems to be a good non-organic root booster from what i see.

"Derived from" mean that that particular element are present inside the product or just used ad base for extraction?
Many site indicate "Laminara Digitata" and "Ascophyllum Nodosum" in the "derived from" part of the label but it's not written on the official packaging.

bah maybe i'm smashing my head too much on this.. i put some h2o2 every tot days in the res and with no light, i don't think there will be problem.

Buon giorno!

This is just an estimate since I don’t have the net weight and volume (for the liquid density), and some of the elements are difficult to see. But it should be close enough to provide some guidance.

For early to mid veg, I would be looking at:

2ml/gal of the Hydro A, Hydro B and CalMag (perhaps 3ml of CalMag, depending on what’s in your water), and 1ml/gal Bloombastik. This should provide about:

66 ppm N (84 with 3ml CaMg)
30 ppm P
90 ppm K
59 ppm Ca (77 with 3ml CaMg)
23 ppm Mg (31 with 3ml CaMg)

Weekly Update
Plants are about 3.5 week old now, ph are stable and water level started to decrease in the past days, sign that plants has finally started drinking.
I got my hand on a bottle of ATAMI Rootbastic, they contain algae extract and a good amount of NPK nute but seems to do his job, obviously i'm not using in the res since i want to keep a sterile system but i've feeded it to the two plant in difficulty directly through the rockwool cube.
As you can seen in the following pics i've covered every pots with some gardening ground cover to stop even more light from going inside the bucket

Here some pics
DSC_0174.JPG
DSC_0177.JPG

Bertha, my favourite plant are growing great, for her it's almost time for topping and start some scrog. her root look great, they got a little interwined during night since i move the airstone in a more central position but seems to be all ok.
They look a little bit wellow in the pics but it's only a photoshooting problem probably due the light intensity or my shitty photoshooting ability, anyway i'm controlling all the root every two day.
One of my deepest fear is to see some phytium or fusarium sign on the roots.
Anyway Bertha is the winner of the week :cool:

DSC_0176.JPG

Gregory, recovered wery well from his illness with a great development on the leaves and a lot new root about the same size of bertha but half long. This one of the plant watered with Rootbastic and it worked!
The dark spot on the leaves i discovered i found out to be a Phosphorus deficiency, at this point i'm 90% sure that he had suffered from ph fluctuation.
DSC_0175.JPG

Mafalda, i can't really understand what he's doing, regulary watered with tap water, water + a little bit of NPK or water + Rootbastic, new leaf are growed in the past days but no sign of recovering in the "old" leaf that continue to going yellow.
Rootbastic did its job also here, watered yesterday morning and today two new root are appearing from the pots, but for some reason the plant seems don't want to grow the root it already had wich have remained the same long...
I will continue to feed her hoping that the new leaves and root can save the situation.
DSCPDC_0000_BURST20211114104735811.JPG

Arnold, new entry of the week has a strange leaf pattern but seems to be good, growing great in the past two days and the root are already coming out of the net pots.

I did more research about a mineral root stimulator and the only one 100% mineral seems to be Top Crop Roots, probably also GH Rapidstart it's mineral but i don't have a label to check and anyway are not aivable in europe.

That all for now!
Keep growing!

Another week passed, so new report!
Sadly i had some health problem this week and i couldn't take care of the plant some some days, fortunately a friend did the job for me so everyrthing was fine at the end, and was a beatiful surprise to see how the plant are growed in 3 days of absence!
Plant are growing well, ph stable and water are every day more clear and transparent.

2.2.JPG

Bertha growed very well for me, recovered i a few hour from the topping and it's now sprouting stem everywhere (I've a question about this thing, just continue to read or watch the end of this post).
Stem are becoma so big and strong in such a few days
2.1.JPG

I was initally scared by the dark zone of bertha's root thinking about root rot but water are clear and crystalline.
When i watched better i see a little black plastic trapped right in the middle of the "dark zone" (where i placed the arrow), plastic falled in the water when i mounted the ring on the top of the bucket and probably the plant saw him as a strange and dangerous object or similar.
Anyway i sprayed the zone with h2o2 and gently scrubbed the dark parti with h2o2 and a cotton swab but nothing has came away, ther's no slimy things on it, all seems normal only a bit dark, specially considering that the dark part of the root are well oxigenated and some root are over the water level.
2.3.JPG

Gregory also are growed very well and has received his topping two days ago.
2.4.JPG

Mafalda officialy recovered from his illnes, it was a little tony for his age but it's normal for her.
This plant was the first in order to receive water from the res and the first to be disturbed by the ph fluctuation.
She probably let die the root thinking about polluted water and worked hard to grow some new root.
All seems fine now for her and new root are ok.
2.5.JPG

Arnold was a surprise, it's growing much faster that the other plant!
It's part of my generation 1.5 of plant since i've germinated it two weeks after the other because of a not-sprouted seed and the little experience acquired in this little time and some useful tricks has worked very well!
Now the question!
2.9.JPG
this is bertha, after the topping i was expected to see new stem growing from the top of the plant to replace the cutted leaf exactly in the same position (90° rotated than the stem below).
Instead it's growing new branch averywhere! i'm a bit confused!
Aldready cutted the "first leaves" of the plant and surely i will cut stem number 1 (basically all the thing under the number 2, but i don't know when to do it) and let the plant develop only the two upper node.
from what i see stem number 2 i think it will remain as it is and number 3 will grow in a new big branch since it already has two leaves and a new node advacing.
So i need to cut number 2 and let number 3 growing? if yes when i must do it?

Thanks to all!
@Mars Hydro wow! i would not ever expect to receive that greetings! it make my day more beautiful!
PS the two SP3000 and the grow box are awesome., i love it!

Weekly update! (but no photo this week)

I tried to raise EC to 0.9 and follow official feeding chart from ATAMI and i get some sign of Nitrogen Toxicity and nute burn.
So adjusted EC back to 0.8 and plant immediately feel better, anyway everything going well this week
For now i will set EC to 0.8 and eventually doing some foliar feed i i see any sort of deficiency.

Bertha and Gregory had the tipical sign of N tox. like new leaves with a strange pattern, dark green leaves and dark tips culed down, new growth seems ok and all the main stem in the previous pic now have 2 node.
I'm currently doing some early scrog and LST and plant seems to respond very well, i think the next week i'll do the second topping on this two plant to obtain 8 main branch.
Arnold and Mafalda are also running great, they suffered very little N tox compared to the 2 older bigger sister probably because the smaller root system?
They too got their topping dose and i think i'm not going to top again this two plants and put them into flower with only 4 main branch, freeing them from this stress and allowing to reach the two bigger sister.

Wow time is passing so fast... it's time for another update!

Plant are growing, most of the problem caused from the Nitrogen toxicity are fixed, you can still see some curled tips or strange leaves with weird pattern but all seems to be ok now.
All the plant look so big compared to the old photos, even Mafalda has recovered very well and it' growing great.
Water decrease at about 2Lt and 50-60 ppm every day EC 0.850, they are drinking nute like crazy now so i feel safe to raise EC to 0.9.

I was expecting a more "explosive growth" but since it's my first run i can't make any comparison about it.
EU certified hemp variety probably don't have a strong genetics since they need a stable under 0.2%THC value for being certified and this limit very much the number of genetics they can play with.
I'm not going to top these plant anymore and probably switch to 12/12 in the weekend.

_20211207_175525.JPG

Another Week passed.
Plant are now under 12/12 light since friday, EC is finally 1.0 stable and plant seems to like it without problem.
I've did some lollipopping, defoliating some lower and useless leaves and better scrogged some branches.

Noob question time!

It's normal that light green growing site? I think it's because of the fast growth of the future bus spot but i'm a newbie with no exp on that.

DSC_0192.JPG

Another Week passed.
Plant are now under 12/12 light since friday, EC is finally 1.0 stable and plant seems to like it without problem.
I've did some lollipopping, defoliating some lower and useless leaves and better scrogged some branches.

Noob question time!
It's normal that light green growing site? I think it's because of the fast growth of the future bus spot but i'm a newbie with no exp on that.

DSC_0192.JPG
Good morning @MrMiguardi garden looks good.
It's common for new growth to be a little lighter in color at first, don't worry.

Stay safe
Bill

1 Week of flowering, all plants seems to be female and they started to grow some little bud.

It's a very foggy, cold and humid weather today and i'm really struggling to maintain 50% hum.
I had to buy a brand new 200w dehumidifier and placed it in the grow room to mantain hum outside the box to 50% so hum in the box stay around 55% for now.
Also temp are -2°C outside, 12°C in the room and 21°C in the box, when i open the box hum fall under 45% probably because the temp difference.

sketch-1639928092766.png

I made some calc for the PPFD value of the lamp because i don't have any par meter, now light are 75% (around 215W each) and 32cm distance from the plant top, this should provide me a perfect ppdf range of 900/1000.

Plant now are drinking 3L a day EC 1.1/1.2 with no apparently problem.

It's so strange, the top left plant it's Arnold, 2 weeks younger than the other plant and it's growing wonderfully with a big trunk, solid stem and some nice preflower bigger than the other sister.
I don't know if it's due to his position (just near the vent hole the keep warm air) or the fact that it has been topped only 1 time (the two right plant are topped twice to obtain 8 branch).

I need to increase dehum efficency and the heat distribution like a drilled tube system all around the box with a little fan pushing warm air.

heya friend,, sure nice growth there for the last week,,,, that rdwc way to grow sure shows results, indeed..

you struggle to keep rh down to 50 and i struggle to keep it up to 30,, i gotta get a humidifier i decided today

that tent is gonna be some full for sure,, a bit of defoliation down below the screen is not a bad idea at all,, keeps things clean and airy,, but those big leaves up top are solar panels,, those are what makes big buds,,

karma sent friend,,

Back
Top Bottom