Mr Nice - Black Widow

Don't get me wrong - if you do everything by the book, you will reap the rewards. I'm just a muddy mud mud ;)

Play it by your own pace Lil Man. Better to be safe than sorry, eh! :Namaste:

well all was going great and I come home from work and the pots are drying up and the biggest healthiest seedlings are fallen over with what looks to be dead stems starting at the surface and going up... I had the light about an inch away with a fan on them and looks like it heated them up to about 28c and cooked a couple, and a couple fell over.... there are 1 or 2 still looking like they have no ill effects, I don't know if the others will live... I have taken measures to make sure the pots don't dry out and pulled back the light... we shall see...
Crappy day at work, crappy day when I got home... going to bed...

Cant let it beat ya man what live get it healthy clone it out rock on man theres always next time learn as you go
well all was going great and I come home from work and the pots are drying up and the biggest healthiest seedlings are fallen over with what looks to be dead stems starting at the surface and going up... I had the light about an inch away with a fan on them and looks like it heated them up to about 28c and cooked a couple, and a couple fell over.... there are 1 or 2 still looking like they have no ill effects, I don't know if the others will live... I have taken measures to make sure the pots don't dry out and pulled back the light... we shall see...
Crappy day at work, crappy day when I got home... going to bed...

Hey, chin up Lil Man! I think it's safe to say nobody (I know of) got it right first time round. First time I ever grew I gave all my love to this one Afghani and I was super excited. I could only imagine growing outdoors at the time (I was very young) and so waited all summer long for it. It fell over in the wind a lot, I nute burned the hell out of it a couple times with some ghetto formula, fed with golden syrup (and didn't know what was up! lol), it once fell over on a hot day and got stuck to some sticky asphalt. Long story slightly not-so-long, it took some major abuse but survived and I thought I was a legend. & then it turned out to be a male... SUCKS right? KINDA. But what was more important than getting results was learning by doing, whatever the results!

You will learn a lot through mistakes and be better prepared in the future for what it takes and what it definitely doesn't take to succeed. Don't be too disheartened. Practice makes perfect.

Sending you good vibrations, man. All the way :peace:

cheers guys... rest assured I am NOT giving up... I will order SHIT seeds till the cows come home, they are only a few bucks each...
bugger this white/black widow or anything else till I can get the SHIT to grow... I am sticking to the CHEAPEST good genes I can get for now...
Seedlings have not grown in a week, I think they are slowly dying... as a last ditch effort I have watered them with weak nutes and a couple of drops of bleach... I know... they are dead anyway though...
I think these peat pots are shat, they stay wet and get white stuff growing on them and then within a couple of hours they dry up...
shitty mc shitstien... well the WW is still alive anyway.
The clones have not one root either, don't know what I am doing wrong there but NONE are rooting and have just spent the last few weeks yellowing and dying as well...
so I am back to the original WW I got from DP... seems to have survived the crap I have given it...
Now I am just waiting for her to turn hermy... checking every day and so far only female and not much of it...
anyway that will be in the other thread when I can be arsed taking any pics... which will be when she starts to look any different to the other pix already on there... which is not yet...

How often do you water them & do they have any ventilation to outside of the propagation tank?

well I killed every bean from mr nice...
was contemplating getting a couple more and then the universe (finally) smiled on me with a couple of bag seeds!
One has been under wet paer towel for a week now and not sprouted BUT
The other one is in a lil pot under my fluoro as we speak!
At least I didn't PAY for this seed, well technically... so this will be my experiment...
WW is still not dead and actually starting to flower so will take a pic or two and update the other journal....
this one is pretty much a lost cause though as the black widow and shit didn't make it so I may as well abandon this thread and start one for bagseed... though till I get past the damp off stage I am not even bothering with that!
anyway. please feel free to continue discussion in the WW thread or the bagseed thread when I can be arsed making it...
Thanks for all the advice, and to any future advice...

very disappointing. at least you still have some seed to come back from and your WW. you should add your journals to your signature. to add your signature to your journal go to top right, Settings>Settings, right hand side, My Settings>Edit Signature, copy the first page of each of your journals web address and paste into the open window.

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

actually she lives!
Pulled her through a flower and then re-vegged!
That's fine to put it in completed though. This will be her last run, if I get a male she will be pollinated.
Bought more shit beans and finally I seem to be having luck.
Might start a new thread once I get an actual grow under my belt start to finish.
I have a bagseed which seems to be doing nicely, though it doesn't look as nice or as healthy as the shits are!
I got one which was mature weeks ago, one which has JUST matured, and one which still has week to go, all been switched to 12/12 a week and a half ago. I also planted a seed 2 days ago to replace a male shit I had. that one will be 12/12 from seed.

Going to be my little experiment to see what they do and when they finish!
Got 2 seeds left from what I bought, so far 100% germ success and 2 males which have been dealt with, though I now want pollen for the WW for shit/widow seeds!
I also took clones from the JUST mature girl just before 12/12 so I am hoping they are rooting nicely as she is a nice looking plant!
Pro tip: don't take clones from a plant suffering cal/mag def with red stems... they don't root!
Also cal/mag has been my savior! Can't do without it in coco... I don't know how the WW survived this long! she gets what she needs now though! she's my little bonsai with like 50 bud sites.
Will take some pics and start a new thread some time in the future, for now I am concentrating on getting me some dank!

Back
Top Bottom